What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Social Forum Photography Thread

roopy

Referee
I've been playing with this for an hour, but stuffed it and will start again tomorrow.

Started with this
118.jpg

Turned it into this
colouring6.jpg

Then stuffed it when i tried to colour it
colouring7.jpg

Serc

First Grade
I don't know much about the sort of thing you're doing roops...but I really like the middle b/w one!

roopy

Referee
I don't know much about the sort of thing you're doing roops...but I really like the middle b/w one!
I like it too, but i'm thinking it's too plain for a postcard, which is what i'm trying to design.
My colour sense is terrible, so i'm going to get someone with a bit more talent to help.

I got the missus and I a 50D for X-mas. Have to say I'm enjoying it a lot.

Here's the view last Saturday from the 27th floor of the Sydney Hilton as a Summer fog rolled through the city:

Breakfast view from their restaurant of the Queen Victoria Building:

my.php

my.php

astrogirl

First Grade
Has anyone ever managed to take good shots of fireworks? I tried to on NYE - admittedly with my point and shoot - but they were horrendous. Will try to post my best effort later on.

Steady hand (tripod), f**k-off shutter speed and a good eye.

Buying a canon fisheye this week. Prices are going up before the end of the month all this stuff guys, so get in quick.

astrogirl

First Grade
dmc, I had a look at the settings on my camera and it looks like the photos were taken with 2 to 2.5 second shutter speed - there is no way I could hold steady for that long!! Explains the cr@p shots

My Canon 50D can set the shutter to 8000th of a second. Took a pic of my fan while on and it looked like it wasn't even plugged in.

Serc

First Grade
dmc, I had a look at the settings on my camera and it looks like the photos were taken with 2 to 2.5 second shutter speed - there is no way I could hold steady for that long!! Explains the cr@p shots

You've got it completely right already pretty much - except for a tripod! A MUST have for taking fireworks photos. An exposure of 2 seconds up to sometimes as high as 10 seconds is about right, and apertures of above F5 and below F10 at a guess (ie: to let enough light in, but not to overexpose it all)

So if your camera can change the shutter speed and the aperture, as well as that tripod - you're set!

I also have some more photos since mid November too:

1218ds02.jpg

1218ds04.jpg

Just south of Ipswich

1229ds05.jpg

Kempsey

0101ds01.jpg

0101ds02.jpg

At Millmerran (45 mins W of Toowoomba) on New Years Day

I also have some pics of trees stripped bare from the Nov 16 Brisbane storm (yes the one on the news) if anyone is interested.

Pumba

First Grade
Awesome pictures.... Yet again!!

Post the other pics up as well Davo!

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Ta mate! Here we go:

For those of you that don't know Brisbane so well, The Gap is a suburb around 10km NW of the CBD, in a fairly populated area though its a bit hilly so its almost 50/50 suburbia and bushland.

These first two pics are of one of the hills looking north from The Gap itself - I decided to walk up it to see what it looked like up close.
1202ds01.jpg

1202ds02.jpg

1202ds03.jpg

1202ds04.jpg

Yes that is (part of) Brisbane in the distance

1202ds05.jpg

cram

Bench
Good Pics Serc....whats the weather going to do around Maitland for the weekend? Trying to work out whether to go camping.

Serc

First Grade
Thanks cram...looking pretty showery with some rumbles on Sat-Sun, moreso Saturday at this stage. It doesn't look like its going to pelt down with rain though, so if you can put up with that, go for it!

Serc

First Grade
Certainly accentuates the feeling of desolation doesn't it! I really need to learn a lot more about post-processing I think.

Latest posts