What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights target Ennis and Finch for product recall

Alex28

Coach
Ennis = Yes. How on earth did Smith not know he was off contract. I read that he was here in January!

antonius

Coach
Ennis was killing it with Brisbane prior to doing his AC joint. That takes a bit of coming back from (ask Johns) but on last weeks form he is back. I reckon he's the best available hooker on the market.

roopy

Referee
Ennis was an incredibly selfish player as a young bloke.
In his year in PL for us he scored at a try a game as a hooker in a team that was near the bottom of the table - mostly because he thought the other 12 guys were there to help him in defence, or to take tackles when he wasn't in a position to score.
Saints spent ages teaching him how to play for the team, and Brisbane have him going even better - but the other day i thought the old selfish game showed itself again as he was either trying to give it to his old club or impress a potential new club.

Anyway - hooker is a position you can't afford to be a hot dog - and i'm not sure he can help himself.
I'd hate to lose a grandfinal because Ennis wouldn't give the ball to anyone else.

Hanscholo

Bench
No thanks to both.

As brilliant as Ennis was last week, I can honestly say that is the best match i have ever seen him play. He isnt consistent.

Finch, as much as i like the bloke isnt really going to out shine Dureau, Mullen or Walsh. Walsh and Mullen allready have him for ability i think. I doubt we will sign either of them to be honest.

My preference would be to buy a fullback or outside back, shift kurt into the 9 and let him settle there. I dont think we need anymore halves, and i think we have a ready made hooker in the club allready.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't mind De Gois, I reckon he'd be more affordable then Ennis and less of a gamble.
Don't like the idea of FInch at hooker, there's no way he'd come cheaply, and he's never played hooker

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I dont want either of them, i still can't understand how finch can ask for good money... parra threw him a life line not long ago no one wanted him.

Super Sub

Juniors
Don't like the idea of FInch at hooker, there's no way he'd come cheaply, and he's never played hooker

Actually that's not true, Ricky Stuart played him at hooker for much of the 2006 season, he was using Soward and Josh Lewis in the the halves during this time. Finch went alright at hooker, we could definetly do worse. I do agree with everybody about the price tag though, he would probably come at around 300K per season and there is no point in paying that for a half/hooker when we already have 3 very capable halves (plus a few good fill-ins i.e. Gids, Bailey) and when we could pick up a much cheaper hooker along the lines of Ennis or De Gois... Which brings me to my next point...

Much rather De Gois, he has been outstanding for the sharks in the last couple of years, I have really been impressed with him and for a while now I have viewed him as a guy that I would like the Knights to sign. He is lightning out of dummy half and has a pretty solid game all round. Not to mention that we could probably get him for pretty cheap (something which Smithy to like doing) whereas Ennis has more of a name for himself and would come at a fair bit more.

That being said I would be happy with Ennis if we couldn't get De Gois, an advantange that Ennis would provide is that he does have a good kicking game, something which most hookers (with the exception of Farah/Withers/Cam Smith) are lacking.

aqua_duck

Coach
Ok I stand corrected, Finch play half a season at hooker in a roosters team that sucked big time

roopy

Referee
Ennis has a great skillset and Smith could make a better player of him IMO.
He is strong, fast, skillfull, fit - but also selfish and hotheaded. A bit of maturity and a good coach and he has rep player written all over him.
I don't think we could get a better player for the money he would be on. He is on fringe firstgrader money and is a potential rep player.

Stranger

Coach
Just a bit of inside info, apparently we are targeting 2 Penrith hookers atm. Not priddis, but the two under him.

Source - someone in the panthers management.

Pumba

First Grade
Just a bit of inside info, apparently we are targeting 2 Penrith hookers atm. Not priddis, but the two under him.

Source - someone in the panthers management.

I hope one is Masada Iosefa big wraps on him.

MSKnight

Juniors
Yep my friend is friends with Masada, not sure if he's linked to the Knights though.

Paul Aiton would be a good signing, dont think his of contract though and he will get the Number 9 spot once Priddis goes.

Latest posts