What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights team Rd 3 vs Parra

perverse

Referee
~knights~ said:
well what was all that talk about scotty being dropped for bailey :?
imo it was likely:
a) letting bailey and walshy know they're not out of the picture
b) keeping scottys head out of the clouds
c) both

BG

Juniors
Burwood said:
Where's Uate? Can't see him named in any of the sides this week.

NSW Cup team is most interesting for its omissions: no Uate, no Luke Mc., no Bailey(!).

Don't think Mad Pup was named last week either. Did he play? Anyone know if he's injured?

As for Bailey :? ... but I have to say I'm a fan (he hasn't proven his consistency but is a class/X-factor player imho) and wouldn't mind seeing him in firsts again in any position.

roopy

Referee
BG said:
NSW Cup team is most interesting for its omissions: no Uate, no Luke Mc., no Bailey(!).

Don't think Mad Pup was named last week either. Did he play? Anyone know if he's injured?

As for Bailey :? ... but I have to say I'm a fan (he hasn't proven his consistency but is a class/X-factor player imho) and wouldn't mind seeing him in firsts again in any position.
Smith obviously likes a 20 man training squad with an extra forward, back and half each week.

Week one - White, Dureau, Lulia
Week two - White, Bailey, Lulia
Week three - White, Bailey, Uate

That's what i think is happening.

BG

Juniors
roopy said:
Smith obviously likes a 20 man training squad with an extra forward, back and half each week.

Week three - White, Bailey, Uate

That's exactly what I expected to see this week if Mad Dog was still injured. Maybe because he's still a remote chance of playing it just got too complicated for a media release so they named the 18-man squad instead. You could well be right that in reality it's the usual 20-man squad with backs/halves/forwards shadows plus Doogs as an outside chance.

It could also mean that Bailey is well and truly in the mix for the 17 but they don't want to draw attention to it after the media reports.

And I'd still like to know what's happened to Little Doogs.

roopy

Referee
BG said:
And I'd still like to know what's happened to Little Doogs.
I think i heard he picked up another injury in the trials, but he looked a million miles from firstgrade in the trials - Matt Cooper looked far better and he can't get a run either.

BG

Juniors
roopy said:
I think i heard he picked up another injury in the trials, but he looked a million miles from firstgrade in the trials - Matt Cooper looked far better and he can't get a run either.

Cooper's on the wing in the NSW Cup team, Roops.

I wasn't surprised at Mad Pup not being in firsts, just wondered why he wasn't getting a run in seconds. Injury in trial would explain it... thx for that. Anyone have more details on it?... Pika?...

Btw, I just realised that the Cup team is playing in NZ. Not sure when they leave for their Saturday game, but obviously there will need to be troops here for contingencies. Nevertheless, the fact that Smith usually has no qualms about naming benches longer than Paterson's best punt does make me wonder whether there's any cloak-and-dagger behind the official 18-man squad.

Spike

First Grade
I take it that would mean McManus shifting into the centres leaving Uate to mark Eric Grothe. Should be a good test for him on debut if it works out that way.

The Devil

Bench
Man.. how times have changed..

Hagan era:

A copy paste was greeted by disapproval and negative comments.

Smith era:

A copy paste is a tool in speculation, anticipation of which bolter will play on the weekend.

I love it :D

Jono078

Referee
Here comes UAAAAAAAAAAAAATE :D !!!

Wes didnt train because of personal reasons and looks like it may keep him out of the Friday game, A Doogs hasnt improved at all.

They showed Uate training aswell..

1. Gidley
2. Vuna
3. Lulia
5. McManus
19. Uate

The new backline. Big test defensively against the Eels now.

Frederick

Staff member
Well I suppose the plus of him being out is we know he's not injured and will be back next week *touch wood*

roopy

Referee
I'd actually prefer to see Uate make his debut with Wes as his centre.
I think Wes would make a great mentor for his fellow Fijian on the field.
Uate needs a wise old head giving him a few clues.

League_God

Juniors
roopy said:
I'd actually prefer to see Uate make his debut with Wes as his centre.
I think Wes would make a great mentor for his fellow Fijian on the field.
Uate needs a wise old head giving him a few clues.

agree.
might add to that...wes has been f**king awesome defensively

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Been waiting to see Mcmanus at center. Hopefully he does play there because he will be more involved (Wes never passes him the ball, just like Tighe).

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Wes Naiqama in doubt for Knights
By Philip Henderson
AAP
Newcastle back Adam MacDougall remains an outside chance of lining up against Parramatta on Friday with Knights centre Wes Naiqama in doubt for the NRL clash after missing training.

MacDougall has been named as 18th man for the match at Parramatta Stadium after missing last weekend's win over Manly with a knee injury.

But the veteran three-quarter may yet be rushed back into the starting side after coach Brian Smith said Naiqama was absent from training because of a "private matter".

"Wes Naiqama was unable to train today, so we've got a little bit of sorting out to do in that position," Smith told reporters.

"I'm happy with Adam. He had a run this morning, he didn't train with the team and he's probably unlikely for Friday night ... but he's an outside chance I suppose.

"Wes has got a private matter to attend to today, so we'll just see where he's at tomorrow.

"I'm hopeful that Wes will be okay."

Parramatta Test backrower Nathan Hindmarsh is expected to play despite the death of his father.

Bill Hindmarsh passed away early today after a battle with cancer, but in a statement, the Eels said "it was Bill's wish that Nathan play in this Friday night's match against the Newcastle Knights".

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50258

We are f**ked. He will play the house down and the Eels will lift aswell.

Latest posts