What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KNIGHTS TO MAKE OFFER TO LYON

Tom

Juniors
Here is a tip you hear first

The Knights are well into negotiations with Fitzgerald and Lyons manager to sign him for 2005 on less than he is worth. They will only offer him a one year deal and use the left over cap in 2005 to sign further after that.

I am told that Newcastle is a preference to Lyon being a smaller town and not in Sydney so it appeases Fitzgeralds conditions.

Fitgerald shopped Lyon to Penrith to get some competition on the price.

I am really surprised that this has slipped under the net. My source is very very reliable.

we will have to wait and see how!

Remember you heard it from me first.

Tom

Juniors
No i dont...

I am really surprised that this has slipped under the net. My source is very very reliable.

I thought this sentence would have suggested that??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

My friend dad works within the Knights and my mate usually tells us things 3 weeks before they are known by everyone else.

he has been right many times before. But i guess we wont know for sure until it comes out will we?

I hope he doesnt. I hate the Knights. Let him go to Manly!!!!

melon....

Coach
Tommy,

Your not that deaf dumb and blind kid from the movie are you? Well, listen up pinball wizard, until Parramatta announce they have actually R E L E A S E D him, there will be no offers made.

Newcastle have a cashflow problem, they have asked for a loan to make player payments. Now you geniously tip they are making him offers.......what are they paying him with, footy cards?

Thanks for the light hearted entertainment, scoop.

Kiwi

First Grade
Newcastle have a cashflow problem, they have asked for a loan to make player payments.

Guess thats what happens when they give it all to Johns.

ibeme

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Newcastle have a cashflow problem, they have asked for a loan to make player payments.

This happens to Newcastle every year. There's nothing wrong with it. They don't have a leagues club to provide cash flow, so they always borrow towards the end of the season to make final player payments etc, then pay it back early in the next season when the cash starts flowing again.

RainMan

Juniors
Parra will not release Lyon to a 1 yr deal. It would have to be the same deal he is on now I think. Unable to play for Manly until 2007 ;-) .

knights97

Juniors
The Knights will have a good enough backline anyway, with Seage, Quinn, Carmont, Gidley, Hall.... hang on, not as many as I thought. Oh well, as long as we don't get any injuries. I'd be happy with Lyon but I don't think the Knights can afford him.

MC DUI

Juniors
ibeme said:
Kiwi said:

This happens to Newcastle every year. There's nothing wrong with it. They don't have a leagues club to provide cash flow, so they always borrow towards the end of the season to make final player payments etc, then pay it back early in the next season when the cash starts flowing again.

Exactly right ibeme, Newcastle get most of their income from us Knights supporters attending games etc. so if crowds are down it can really hurt.

Hopefully even if the Knights are going through a rough couple of years the supporters keep turning up because the club needs us.

As for this Lyon dribble, get real he isn't going to sign with the Knights we have absolutely zero room to move under the cap.

knights97

Juniors
booeycollector said:
knights97 said:
The Knights will have a good enough backline anyway, with Seage, Quinn, Carmont, Gidley, Hall....

your a funny bloke.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its not that funny, Seage was showing promise until he stuffed his knee. Quinn has been one of the Knights best all year. Carmont is playing well for someone in his 1st year in the NRL. Gidley is self explanatory and Hall is also one of the Knights most consistant players. Not to mention Mark Hughes as well.
Next year isn't looking too bad for the Knights.

JJ

Immortal
Looks like a good idea if it can work.

Obviously a lot of it is down to Parramatta. Lyon clearly doesn't give much of a stuff about money, and the Kinghts would probably be a good fit for him.

and melon.. surely you're not that naive that you think no talking will be done and offers made before Parra release him?? :lol:

It'd be great to see Lyon back, best centre in the game IMO.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Lyon has been linked to Parramatta (obviously), Manly, Panthers, Raiders and now the Knights. Who would believe anything?

bartman

Immortal
Tom said:
The Knights are well into negotiations with Fitzgerald and Lyons manager to sign him for 2005 on less than he is worth. They will only offer him a one year deal and use the left over cap in 2005 to sign further after that.

The Knights will have left over cap in 2005?? I thought Joey and his manager made sure they well and truly hoovered up all of the clubs' spare cash. :lol:

Latest posts