What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Bulldogs Post Match Thread

northey

First Grade
was wooly ok? i remember in the first half he was struggling... anything more said during the game or after the game?

IanG

Coach
On a lighter note. To all the members of the Knights Crusade. At the start of the Fox Telecast some of you got your fizzogs on the gobblebox.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
northey said:
was wooly ok? i remember in the first half he was struggling... anything more said during the game or after the game?

Woolnough got motm from mg in KOFM. What a joke, LOL.

we obviously lacked the right players in the right positions.

I think the bagging of quinn is a bit hard. He has played ok this year and is only 23. He will get better. I still believe he will become a quality winger

aqua_duck

Coach
Hagan cannot keep picking the same team everyweek, Reynoldson is not 1st grade material after tonights effort, the guy can't bust the line, he can't hit in defence and he can't hold on to the ball, had 3 1 on 1 strips on him, another drop ball without a hand being laid on him and was responsible for poor defence on atleast 2 bulldog tries, what the hell do we pay the guy $240k for? I also reckon you can't have Tanner, Brown, and Lowrie in the same team together, they're all too small and provide no ounch in attack or defence, and Lowrie definately isn't a 5/8th, was he even out there tonight?
We asre missing 2 things, speed in the backs, and impact in the forwards. We haven't got a Tahu in the backs, Carmont showed tonight he's no speedster, and there's no one in our pack who can burst the line and pop up and offload, a Fui Fui Moi Moi if you like. Bascially there's too many solid players(if you'd call Lowrie, Tanner, Reynoldson, brown solid, i'd just say they are untalented) and not enough genuine strike power.

antonius

Coach
We are going to cop this every week while ever Hagan selects the teams he does. I give up bitching about it.

Alex28

Coach
OK...so this mysterious reason for his lack of form...is it something that can be said on the forum without it being libel and slanderous or is it going to remain a secret?

Or you could just PM me... ;-)

knights9

Juniors
Dissapointing loss we played ok in the first half but in the the second half bulldogs fitness payed off and we were to tired, Reegan Tanner got dropped to the bench which means Hagan must of finally watched a match this season and realised he offers nothing in attack. i think has to stop picking favourites with the players he has in first grade already and give players that deserve to play first grade ago like dropping Carmont for Tighe thats what needs to happen. Hopefully in our match against the Warriors Hagan can pick a good team.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It doesnt happen very often where I am lost for words when it comes to the Knights. In fact I can't remember the last time where I was. However, this is one of these stages where I just don't know what the story is. Its blatantly obvious that we haven't played our best for some time now.

On Joey, he's said he's tired. Ok, fair enough, so what does Supercoach do to alleviate the problem? He installs Todd Lowrie at five-eight. If Joey is tired and flat, I would have thought that it is a time where you put a second playmaker into the team to help the bloke out. FFS Kidley would have been a better option than Lowrie. If Kidley has to be at fullback (which I'm really lost as to why he's there), then what has Brad Tighe done to not get the gig?

The team is flat because the bloke who runs the team (Joey) is tired. Hagan does not coach the team, he just copies and pastes the same team on a Tuesday and thats his job done. This is never so blatantly obvious than the Melbourne game when there was nothing doing, because the captain/coach wasn't on the field. Buderus last night also looked flat IMO, so hopefully the bye does solve the problem. If the bye does not solve the problem, then I really don't know what is.

ATTN Michael Hagan: Team for the Warriors game or at least something FFS close to it would include p!ssing Reynoldson off, along with Riley Brown. Dan Tolar HAS to be in the team especially for the big Warriors pack. Tanner has to be put back into PL, and the sooner Abes comes back into the FG side, the better.

A few impressions of the players that are getting mentioned a lot...

KIDLEY - Not a fullback, never will be. As I said to a mate on the way home yesterday, Kidley at fullback is like russian roulette... you only get so many squeezes of the trigger before you find the bullet.

QUINN - until we buy someone better or Uate develops further, there is absolutely no way he should be dropped.

JOHNS - not sure what's wrong, but if the bye doesn't fix it we are buggered.

REYNOLDSON - Kirk, meet David Fairleigh. He will be your coach for the rest of the season.

BROWN - useless. If he offers as much as a utility as either Cooper or Tighe (with Tolar there as well as a third bench forward), then I'm a ballet dancer.

So its agreed then..Tighe deserves some kind of decent run in the top team before he says get stuffed and walks.
Tanner aint a 5/8s..anything
Abraham back is better than anything else on offer.
Reynoldson aint worth the money we forked out for him altho at the time of signing him i thought he was a good buy.
We are in trouble when crag smith retires
Micheal Hagan needs to shake some of the players up...Drop Carmont
Jarrod Mullen is now the second coming to a Joey

Whats Doing

Bench
I spoke to Supercoach this morning and he advised me he has got a new plan for next game. The team he will run with is:

Gidley
Carney
Midley
Carmont
Quinn
Lowrie
Johns
Reynoldson
Simpson
Newton
Smith
Buderus
Woolly
Davico
Tanner
Perry
Brown

I thought to myself, this bloke is a coaching genius

Doctor

Bench
Whats Doing said:
I spoke to Supercoach this morning and he advised me he has got a new plan for next game. The team he will run with is:

Gidley
Carney
Midley
Carmont
Quinn
Lowrie
Johns
Reynoldson
Simpson
Newton
Smith
Buderus
Woolly
Davico
Tanner
Perry
Brown

I thought to myself, this bloke is a coaching genius

LOL :lol:

Yeah, it's a bit puzzling isn't it. I don't for one minute believe that just because a forum of your fans disagrees, that you should be making changes. Such a concept is whimsical and short-sighted. But I do wonder whether our first grade team is being a bit complacent. I wonder if a player like Reegan Tanner will develop any further, whether the likes of Carmont, Quinn, Lowrie and others will really turn into the players Michael Hagan presumably believes they will.

I wonder too whether form has much to do with the announcement of the team each week. Injury sure as hell isn't the reason for the team choices. No longer can we say "these players are the best we've got", because in all seriousness there are:
a) not that many injuries.
b) better players in Premier League.

I suspect it's a fruitless exercise detailing our objections to the team choices each week... nothing has changed in two years, so to think there will be changes now is naive. I strongly suspect Brian Smith will come into this team like a breath of fresh air -- a shake up is what we need... it's been building for a while.

Jayell

Juniors
Oswin,

"better players in premire league"

Now, just where are we on the ladder in PL????

Oh, and who did we lose to again last night?

Enough said.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We did lose last night in PL, but in all fairness, there are a few players in that team who wouldn't look out of place in the FG team.

northey

First Grade
saw on the footy show about lowrie getting his finger in matt gidley's eye... lol i am sorry but i had to laugh that gids might have a broken eye socket.

TooheysNew

Coach
They haven't posted it, so it's obviously something that would breach site guidelines if they did.

Latest posts