What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Cowboys Post Match Talk

IanG

Coach
Hey people how good was that? Not only did we get a win but we kept 'em scoreless in the second half. Well Done Boys. Kept hearing alot of prase for Jarrod Mullen too. He along with alot of the young blokes are players of the future.

princessjen

Juniors
You forgot about the flop which resulted in a penalty which then ended up in a try. Stuff like that isn't what a $230,000 front rower is about. He made plenty of ground but still makes dumb errors at will.

he also knocked on when we were up near the line, on the 2nd tackle or something.

Johns Magic

Referee
princessjen said:
he also knocked on when we were up near the line, on the 2nd tackle or something.

That's hardly fair.

That wasn't poor discipline. The ball was jolted out in a big collision.

Ben

Bench
Improvement in the team but still a lot to go before we are going to be a real threat to the other teams. Jarrod Mullen, i commend the bloke, played in the Wagga during the week and sustained an injury, and backed up for the Knights scoring two match-winning tries and possible his best game in first grade. Thaiday was well contained by the Cowboys and we didnt see him get into open space very often, but he's positional play is terrible. A lot of times this year he has been defending in the line when he should be at the back to clean up the kicks. A lot of players have seen this and have subsequently scored tries. It also surprised me that they didnt really test him with the torpedo bombs thinking that the winds would make them simply uncatchable.

Risa

Bench
Pretty crap first half, but wow, I didn't expect us to fire in the second half! Great effort by Mullen, I hope the 5/8 spot is his now, and that Kurt doesn't just waltz back into the team and get it.

Buderus was fantastic...after being in doubt in the early part of Origin preparation, getting through and playing and then coming up with a man of the match performance, amazing!

Doctor

Bench
ben said:
Thaiday was well contained by the Cowboys and we didnt see him get into open space very often, but he's positional play is terrible. A lot of times this year he has been defending in the line when he should be at the back to clean up the kicks. A lot of players have seen this and have subsequently scored tries. It also surprised me that they didnt really test him with the torpedo bombs thinking that the winds would make them simply uncatchable.

He must have been off grabbing a coffee or something a couple of times there. He was nowhere to be seen on one of the Cowboys' tries.... not even in the wideshot. You're right, his positional play is a significant let down to what have been very promising performances. His ball-handling still worries me. I said earlier today that Thaiday could make or break us -- his attacking skills were good, even if he was contained. But defensively he is being caught out -- that's a worry.

princessjen

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjen

That's hardly fair.

That wasn't poor discipline. The ball was jolted out in a big collision.

hey i'm not saying it was a lack of disipline by perry. alex was noting a mistake perry made and i thought i'd add one i saw :)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Some ppl might say that we didnt win the game, but the Cowboys lost it. Wat i will say to that is u still hav to b good enough to a)create opportunities and then b)capitalise on them.

Ben

Bench
Oswin said:
He must have been off grabbing a coffee or something a couple of times there. He was nowhere to be seen on one of the Cowboys' tries.... not even in the wideshot. You're right, his positional play is a significant let down to what have been very promising performances. His ball-handling still worries me. I said earlier today that Thaiday could make or break us -- his attacking skills were good, even if he was contained. But defensively he is being caught out -- that's a worry.
Well, he was actually in the defensive line using his up and in defence against the kicker Rod Jensen. I really don't know what he was doing. I don't know if Hages has told him that he's playing fullback and not centre or something

I thought we played really well 2nd half. 1st half was a shocker. Our boys did well, good win, well deserved in the end.
Carmont had a good game, Perry did too. Bedsy was great and so was Quigs, i thought we all played well. Good on them!

Bernster

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
Awesome to be there at the game. I can't tell you what a high I'm on atm. Hopefully this is the start of a run home to avoid the spoon.

Nothing against you Knights supporters - but I want to see Joey's nose put out of joint with the spoon...

Johns Magic said:
I told you to have faith in Perry! Awesome display!

Perry- 14 hitups for 124 metres and 19 tackles with 1 offload in limited time.

And about 3-4 penalties given away, I am far from impressed as pointed out by many members we only see this player at contract time, the rest of time his a fat bludger.

:arrow: :arrow: Get rid of the fat farker!

ben said:
Well, he was actually in the defensive line using his up and in defence against the kicker Rod Jensen. I really don't know what he was doing. I don't know if Hages has told him that he's playing fullback and not centre or something

I read on sky news that seage was available today, shame that hags didnt include him.

I'd like to see Quinn back in PL, Thaiday back to the wing and Seage moved to fullback.

Deadset Thaidays lightning in defence but when it comes to defence and positional play, especially under the highball its scary!

antonius

Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuganomics
Its also unfair to say that Wooly did little in todays game

Johns Magic said:
He could have done more. He didn't. The fact is he has been out of form for weeks.

Woolnough 17 tackles, 14 hit ups 111 metres, 2 offloads, no errors.

Every bit as good as Perry, 30 metres less for the same ammount of hit ups, But no penalties, and didn't cost us a try, one of Woolnoughs off-loads was in a set that we scored from. Wooly played well.
Just on Thaiday, he was caught out of position a couple of times, but I thought he was a huge improvement catching the ball, he made a couple of very difficult catches, under difficult conditions, he returned the ball well also.

Doctor

Bench
Knight82 said:
Deadset Thaidays lightning in defence but when it comes to defence and positional play, especially under the highball its scary!

Lightning in attack? I agree.... he does have some very big problems to work on. You just can't have positional problems if you're a fullback. I'm happy to see Thiaday ultimately become our first choice fullback, but only if his positional play, defence and catching under the high ball improves (we saw glimpses of some exceptional catching yesterday, which is encouraging).

The return of Seage and Kidley should flush out yesterday's disappointments (Salkeld, Tighe, Quinn). Carmont has bought himself another four seasons under Hagan's Grand Plan.

Tigh would be first on the chopping block, dreadful arm grabbing tackling technique.

Though unfortunately Salkend will get axed due to lack of options in the centres and I'd say Thaiday to centres.

With a strong offseason being guided by maybe Hughes for guidance I dont dispute that Thaiday could be a force but at the moment way to raw(Not is war).

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Give Perry a break he has just come back after 8 weeks suspension do you think he is gonna want to play conservative. His gonna wanna rip in and smash the sh*t out of the other team if that means a penalty then fine by me, it's not like where in the race for the top 8.

I still think George Carmont has got cabbage. Bedsy and Johns amazing as always.

Latest posts