What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Eels Post Match Thread

Pumba

First Grade
Houston will start at 5/8, Scotty to the bench :fist:

Last edited:

Pumba

First Grade
Let a try in just before halftime. I would have rather gone to the break at 20-0.

Pumba

First Grade
Half Time

Newcastle Knights (20)
Tries: Chris Houston, James McManus, Adam MacDougall, Mark Taufua
Goals: Kurt Gidley (2/4)

Parramatta Eels (6)
Tries: Joel Reddy
Goals: Krisnan Inu (1/1)

Jono078

Referee
I would have rathered 26-0, I couldnt see McManus' hand on the ball?

Very good performance so far, although Eels are sh*t.

Mullen having his best game.

Pumba

First Grade
I LOVE SAU!!

Gee he is a powerhouse.

Everyone getting a kick tonight :)

Pumba

First Grade
Taia has left the field with a Knee Injury which is bad news he has been awesome for us. but doesn't Hilder come back next week?

Pumba

First Grade
We cannot afford to let another 1 in. We need to win by 14 to go into the 8.

Stranger

Coach
Sau seems to starve Uate of the ball. That being said, great game!

We were struggling late in the 2nd half when bedsey came off...

keeney

First Grade
Sau is a great runner, but a ball hog of the highest order. Great start disappointed we couldn't kick on more.

reginald.p

Juniors
Hagan is a dud.

Last year Parramatta resembled the 01 02 knights, this year they resemble the 03 04 Knights and next year they will resemble the 05 Knights.

keeney

First Grade
I feel sorry for Hages a little, commentary mentioned it adn it is something that has been echoed on these boards for awhile, there is a rift in the Eels camp. Talented but head strong douchebags forming their own clique and not putting in, Hayne etc. Even if Hages could coach that'd be a massive hindrance.

keeney

First Grade
Yeah we should have won by ALOT more.

It was weird, they often looked a much better side in attack. we were winning due to their sh*tty defense, but it seemed they were more potent. I'm glad we contained them and the score got us into the 8. We were definitely the better side, but it had a weird feel to it. I know I'm not articulating myself well, decidedly non-committal, but I had a number of beers, so shoot me.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is, Parra were threatening, moreso than the scoreline indicates, I felt like we should have been able to win by more, but simultaneously worried that they could have cut the margin way down in the last 20.

otori

Juniors
I feel sorry for Hages a little, commentary mentioned it adn it is something that has been echoed on these boards for awhile, there is a rift in the Eels camp. Talented but head strong douchebags forming their own clique and not putting in, Hayne etc. Even if Hages could coach that'd be a massive hindrance.

Yeah with Hayne almost letting Kidley score that try after deciding the ball was going dead I'd have to agree with you. Though I don't feel sorry for Hagan. Rugby league coaching is a tough job and he's simply not cut out for it. He should be a trainer because they can be affable guys that don't need to know anything.

roopy

Referee
The Sau/Uate partnership doesn't work in defense or attack really.
Uate had a terrible game in defense, but Sau was leaving him a lot of ground to cover, and Uate struggles to cover 5 metres, let alone 10 or 15.
In attack, Uate could have had three if Sau drew the defense and put him away, rather than just scoring one and blowing two others.

keeney

First Grade
I had the same feeling all game roops, Sau is too much of a hog to have someone like Uate outside him. Ideally Sau would be a Utai style winger, he has got everythign he needs to be a success out there.

Latest posts