What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Raiders Post Match Thread

knights9

Juniors
I didnt get to watch the match but from what ive heard Johns had a good kicking game and Carney must of played well to score 3 tries.

Im happy Good win by the boys and we now take 1st place on the ladder :D.

roopy

Referee
One of Carney's tries was a perfect Matt Gidley special, and Carney spent heaps of time saying thanks to Gidley after scoring. He is finally learning to wait patiently for the pass when Gidley has the ball. In his early games he was trying to do something tricky instead of just waiting for Gids to do all the work.

thuganomics

Coach
Decent performance. Carney played well as did Mullen. Joey was on fire with the boot but we have alot to work on over the past few weeks.

Happy with the win against a team that played fairly well tonight.

keeney

First Grade
Johns played well tonight, after starting slowly I thought he would put in another seemingly hampered performance. It's a shame about Carmont and Seage, will Hinton be up to scratch? Tighe showed more than enough to be a capable replacement for Carmont for the mean time. We lack guys with genuine pace in our backline, it was good just watching him race down the sideline and be able to beat the oposition on the outside.

Does anyone know how serious Quinn's injury is? Likely to be back next week?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We can play a whole lot better than we played tonight. However in saying that, two competition points anywhere is very handy. Solid performance all round the park by the boys, and full credit must go to the Raiders. Their defence was very good. Big game next Friday night. Happy to be sitting in first spot though :D

keeney

First Grade
Just quietly we're on top of the ladder now, with a F/A of 97 over NQLD's of 96.

Stranger

Coach
Two of Carneys tries came off forward passes.

Canberra were the best team for the first 60mins IMO.

Stranger

Coach
His last one im pretty sure it was...

I didn't notice it at first, but he was passed the ball on the 10m line and caught it about 7m out.

thuganomics

Coach
Stranger said:
His last one im pretty sure it was...

I didn't notice it at first, but he was passed the ball on the 10m line and caught it about 7m out.

Will give it another look later. Just on that try... how awsome was the conversion from Johns in the pouring rain!

Roy

Juniors
i heard on the radio that mullen realy stood up in this game an that his kicking game was great

Alex28

Coach
First try was about 5 metres forward. The last try was alright - line ball but I've seen worse paid.

We kinda got away with that one...again. It's great that we are playing below our best but getting away with the victory. The conditions looked awful - the game was pretty decent all things considered.

Johns really dominated the game - kicking game looked spot on, defended alright, ran when he had to. He did enough to control the game without having to do too much. It's exactly what we need from him now to make sure he is right for the end of the season.

Kidley looked alright in the backline - but he hasn't improved any at 5/8. His passing game is not good - he threw so many passes to guys who got tackles a metre later. He has alot of difficulty in reading gaps in play. The one decent pass he did throw unfortunately went 5 metres forwards...

Carmont and Seage injured may just be a godsend - we may just have to force Kidley into the centres...for the love of god please...

Frederick

Staff member
I thought Tanner had one of his better games, if not his best game this season.
Chris Bailey looked alright too, even though he was playing out in the centres for half the game. I'm not sure I could fault anyone's performance tonight.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Considering the Knights were running into the rain for most of the second half, very happy with the win. Joey was fantastic - it's the best I've seen him play in a club game since the match against the Dragons. Carney seems to be picking up, as well. Agreed about Brown at hooker, though. Wonder when Thaiday will be back at fullback - he is proving to be more of a loss than I expected, when he was ruled out.

astrogirl

First Grade
I am such a fan of Craig Smith. Tighe makes a run with a little over 10 minutes to go, and who is backing up on the inside - yep, Smith. Great work to take that catch as well.

Frederick

Staff member
Pity he stumbled and fell...I would've loved to see him score the try after all that.

Latest posts