What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm Post Match Thread

keeney

First Grade
Dammit.

Our handling and discipline really let us down. Having said that, I don't feel that disappointed.

Johns really needs to stop playing horribly. Mullen had a fantastic game though.

thuganomics

Coach
I didn't think Johns was that bad, its just that Melbourne mace him look bad with all the rushing up they were doing.

Our dicipline (Anthony Quinn in particular) was disgracful.

keeney

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Every close ref's call seemed to go the Storm's way in that match.

I got that feeling too, but the penalty count at one stage was 10-3 in our favour? or thereabouts.

Jono078

Referee
Tried hard but we made silly and stupid errors really.

I thought we were gonna come back and win for sure, owell :(

And tbh im worried about playing the Rabbits next week..

thuganomics

Coach
He gave away a penalty that cost us the game. He was giving it to the touchie while we had the ball, and the Storm scored in the next set.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, the touchie should of gave a warning first or something atleast.. Seemed as though he was having a cry about it and decided to give the penalty against us..

northey

First Grade
quinn should keep a hold on his temper. remember when he was the quite guy?
last year against manly he got sent off, last week against the eels he was close to being sent off, this week he was close again...

perry made a few mistakes and gave a few penalties

Doctor

Bench
keeney said:
I got that feeling too, but the penalty count at one stage was 10-3 in our favour? or thereabouts.

The penalty count is a reflection of which is the dirtier team and which is the least disciplined. It's remarkable how effective the Storm defence is in slowing everything down, but managing to speed up their own play-the-balls. The first is done with plenty of attention to the head and face, and the second with subtle techniques for making it seem like the defender has lingered too long.

In general, I'm not too unhappy. It was a big improvement on last week insofar as the intensity of the team. The final Storm try was just unfortunate (no surprises though that it was Reegan Tanner who missed his man). The Storm's tries came on the back of a couple of dodgy calls -- a forward pass that was missed by everyone that mattered, and another 50:50 call in the lead up to the second.

It's nice to know that our intensity has lifted, and that even when we're not playing our best we can play better than the top team in the competition. I just think that when it matters, we still are not able to make the full 80 minutes. We certainly came close today.

An outstanding performance from Jarrod Mullen -- he set up our first two tries with killer kicks and accurate passing. I thought he outplayed his more recognised halves partner, and came up with a strong defensive effort too. Perry was good until he gave away the stupid penalty with the Storm struggling to get out of their own end... vintage Perry that. A strong performance from Buderus too.

Dont have fox...how did abes go?

Abes was fairly quiet -- didn't do too much but didn't really make any stuff ups. Much like the others -- few terrible performances among the team, but a lot of sloppiness at crucial times. There is a good reason the Storm are on the top of the table: they make the big plays when they count, make their tackles and don't let sloppiness linger too much. We're still learning to be better on some of these things.

Burwood

Bench
Johns Magic said:
He was no Reegan Tanner...

Yeah, even Tanner hasn't played a game where he only managed to make 7m and 10 tackles. What is the use of picking a guy in the team when you aren't going to play him?

Thaiday wasn't his usual self. It may have been better to give him an extra week in Premier League, but he'll be better for the run next week.

Latest posts