What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Titans Post Match Thread

Hanscholo

Bench
I thought it was a comprehensive and all round excellent performance by the side. I was just thrilled with some of the skill we showed in that game.

Vuna, the standard has been set. Lets see that every week.

I thought our forwards were just sensational tonight, the defence and ball running was just outstanding.

I cant find a fault with any of the players. NFI why Pumba says Houston needs time in NSW he was superb tonight.

Super Sub

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sub
Mcmanus pulled of two absolutely identically brilliant tackles on O'dwyer, first one was in the first half when Titans spread it wide, and that one at the end of the game... WOW!

If we kept count of all the times since the beginning of last season he has diffused a dangerous situation and prevented a potential try it would have to be close to one every game or two IMO.

I personally would keep Mcmanus in the team just for his defence and his dummy half metres. We haven't had a winger who can defend this well for years. Sure he hasn't been scoring many tries this year but as a winger there is only so much you can do when you aren't getting the ball. And we all know that he can finish really well.

Anyway, Hilder was brilliant. What a buy! Cross was an enforcer...

And what can I say about Vuna? Wow that guy is strong, did anyone see how many times he just threw the first tackler to the ground, haha he did it about 4 times in one run in the first half. But seriously that was his best game this year by FAR! If he keeps that up he will be one of our best performers by the end of the year and maybe even knocking on the door of the NZ test team...

Great comeback from Mullen as well, a bit rusty but overall was able to provide a few really crucial plays

There is going to be a lot of debate when Dureau comes back as to who the halves are IMO, Bailey looked really dangerous tonight, that chip/regather really highlighted his class, seriously if we lose this guy to another club I will be pissed. Please Mr. Smith just find a spot for him each week and let him do his thing!

McManus got caught standing too flat in attack again tonight. Cost us a try.

Defended brilliantly though.

Besides that chip-chase I didn't see Bailey do much?

Bailey's pass went on the ground on that play, Mcmanus would have been over in the corner if the pass was better.

When he ran the ball Bailey looked really good, and he seems to be getting his arms free to offload a lot. If he gets a bit more support running he would be a great player for a guy like Gidley to run off.

Hanscholo

Bench
" Not disappointed, no. I think the game goes another 10 minutes and we would have ran over the top of them." - Scott Prince

Yea scott, but the game didnt go another 10 mins did it. Your were totally outplayed and it was sheer luck you even scored at all.

Bicey_18

Bench
Matt Hilder seems to be a more than handy replacement at 9... didnt let anyone down and his defence as always was superb.

LOL Prince needs to shut his trap, they had their chance to run over the top of us after halftime when they had the ball in our half for 20 minutes straight. He got owned like a dog, a female dog.

"bewildering calls"...nicely put Brian.badger is a dickhead..can make any decision and them comes up with a clanger for the Prince try..probably even the knock on called against Gidley in the ingoal and cause the drop out to was a clanger from the officials.You know we have waited a longg time to see defence like that and players having confidence in each other...nice work boys.Think we turned a lil corner there.

Knight87

Juniors
well, interesting fact:

This is only our 2nd win in the last 11 years without either Andrew Johns or Danny Buderus playing (3rd if you count the Rd 1 game last year vs Bulldogs, where Johns only played (although it was only for 4 mins and didn't have any bearing on the match or the scoreline)).

otori

Juniors
I didn't get to see the game as I worked tonight but maybe someone can explain to me..

What happened to our attack in the second half? I'm hearing a lot about bad refs calls etc. but when I saw the score update for 13-6 I was worried we were trying to defend a 6 point lead instead of scoring more points?

Frederick

Staff member
The problem was we didn't have that much possession in the second half. We had a period there where we defended something like 4 or 5 sets on our line (which ended up with that bullsh*t try to Prince)

keeney

First Grade
I've denied it in the past, but I think JM is right, particularly about tonight. Mcmanus overran that ball. Despite his heroic defense, Vuna was better than him tonight. After bagging him all year, I'm incredibly impressed. Maybe he acted sh*t for ages to bump up the incentive bonus? Then shows us he can play and makes the NZ cup team.If he puts in like that for the next 4 weeks I'll be sold. How did SMith manage to get that aggression into him though? God he's got the whole team looking excellently drilled.

Super Sub

Juniors
You are right about Vuna, he seemed very fired up tonight. Really wanted to have a blinder.

Mcmanus, meh, he seems to save a fair few potential tries and he really does have his wing on lockdown, he may have been involved in butchering a try but really he has been doing a lot more good than bad this year, tonight was his best game for 08 in my books

aqua_duck

Coach
I cant find a fault with any of the players. NFI why Pumba says Houston needs time in NSW he was superb tonight.
Just does some dumb things, like sloppy play the ball and getting caught on the last tackle, real typical st geroge plays as warren ryan would put it

Johns Magic

Referee
You are right about Vuna, he seemed very fired up tonight. Really wanted to have a blinder.

Mcmanus, meh, he seems to save a fair few potential tries and he really does have his wing on lockdown, he may have been involved in butchering a try but really he has been doing a lot more good than bad this year, tonight was his best game for 08 in my books

I thought he played great, I said so and gave him a KOTW point.

But you see wingers like Matt Peterson with seemingly little skill who score hat-tricks just by getting themself in the right position.

keeney

First Grade
I'm sure it will come with time. I'm one of the Mac's biggest fans, but i can agree its an area in his game that has been coming up alot this year, and now I see why. Hopefully he gets a clinic from Doogs or something.

IanG

Coach
Great win all round. Great defence. If it weren't for City v Country this would've been a Friday Night game. field goal even though nearly 10 minutes from full time made the difference.