What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Titans Post Match Thread

Pumba

First Grade
What a win!

Vuna was powerful tonight.

I think Houston needs time in NSW CUP though.

Couple of sigs to use afters tonights match

mullensbitch.jpg

pattosbitch.jpg

K-Man

Bench
Incredible win. This team is going places.

As I just said in another thread, reminds me of 2001 Eels the way every player really contributes something and there is skill and attacking threat across the park.

The defence was superb. The forwards really matched it with their pack, and once again made more metres than the opposition. A pack with Perry, Tanner, Reynoldson would've been absolutely steamrolled tonight.

Mullen - well done. Not the 'perfect' game, still lacks polish on the end of sets too often, but just glad to see him with some real spark and having a huge influence on the result.

Taia - really impressed with him. Looks the goods in attack and defence and will not be losing his spot when Simmo returns.

Hilder - well what can you say? He is a machine. 57 tackles, just 1 missed, 70 metres, not just gutsy but an intelligent player.

Top 4 here we come.....

K-Man

Bench
Jut on Houston, I still back him.

He does come up with some stupid 'St.George' plays sometimes, his discipline needs work.

But there's no way I would drop him, there's so much potential there in the way he runs with the ball, can pop the offload, tackles well etc.

I really rate him actually, he just needs work but he's a very talented backrowewer in my opinion.

Interesing Mad Dog didn't even get a run. We are so fit this year we only need 3 bench players, one of whom in Ciraldo barely needed to run the ball.

Another fantastic game from Kurt also. We come to expect this from him and he delivers every week, this time it was 258 metres and a line break. Good stuff:)

Apey

Staff member
God damn that was another great game to go to. I have had the pleasure of attending the Roosters and the Titans games now and it's been great.

1st half was an awesome defensive effort, second half was a little hard on us with all the possession for the Titans, but we held on as best as we could.

I think Mullen, Vuna, Gidley and Hidler were our best players by far :p With special mentions to Cross and Mcmanus

Whats Doing

Bench
Fantastic win and well deserved. Great defence and to win without Bedsy us a tribute to what Smithy has installed in the team.

Make no mistake, the Titans are the real deal and to win shows we are in this comp. up to our eyeballs.

Also we only really played with 15 players all game with Doogs not used and Ciraldo doing his usual f#ck all.

This was their best win of the season.

Super Sub

Juniors
Mcmanus pulled of two absolutely identically brilliant tackles on O'dwyer, first one was in the first half when Titans spread it wide, and that one at the end of the game... WOW!

If we kept count of all the times since the beginning of last season he has diffused a dangerous situation and prevented a potential try it would have to be close to one every game or two IMO.

I personally would keep Mcmanus in the team just for his defence and his dummy half metres. We haven't had a winger who can defend this well for years. Sure he hasn't been scoring many tries this year but as a winger there is only so much you can do when you aren't getting the ball. And we all know that he can finish really well.

Anyway, Hilder was brilliant. What a buy! Cross was an enforcer...

And what can I say about Vuna? Wow that guy is strong, did anyone see how many times he just threw the first tackler to the ground, haha he did it about 4 times in one run in the first half. But seriously that was his best game this year by FAR! If he keeps that up he will be one of our best performers by the end of the year and maybe even knocking on the door of the NZ test team...

Great comeback from Mullen as well, a bit rusty but overall was able to provide a few really crucial plays

There is going to be a lot of debate when Dureau comes back as to who the halves are IMO, Bailey looked really dangerous tonight, that chip/regather really highlighted his class, seriously if we lose this guy to another club I will be pissed. Please Mr. Smith just find a spot for him each week and let him do his thing!

chinorocks

Juniors
Brilliant, brilliant effort from the boys tonight. The defense was PHENOMENAL considering the amount of ball and field position the Titans had in the second half.

Mullo had his best game in a year. He ran it heaps, kicked well (except the out on the full) and kept the opposition guessing. Hilder was unbelievable. He just never stops making tackles and heaps of them we're dominant.

After the dubious Prince try I had a massive feeling of dread, but the boys stuck to it...could not be any prouder.

Johns Magic

Referee
Mcmanus pulled of two absolutely identically brilliant tackles on O'dwyer, first one was in the first half when Titans spread it wide, and that one at the end of the game... WOW!

If we kept count of all the times since the beginning of last season he has diffused a dangerous situation and prevented a potential try it would have to be close to one every game or two IMO.

I personally would keep Mcmanus in the team just for his defence and his dummy half metres. We haven't had a winger who can defend this well for years. Sure he hasn't been scoring many tries this year but as a winger there is only so much you can do when you aren't getting the ball. And we all know that he can finish really well.

Anyway, Hilder was brilliant. What a buy! Cross was an enforcer...

And what can I say about Vuna? Wow that guy is strong, did anyone see how many times he just threw the first tackler to the ground, haha he did it about 4 times in one run in the first half. But seriously that was his best game this year by FAR! If he keeps that up he will be one of our best performers by the end of the year and maybe even knocking on the door of the NZ test team...

Great comeback from Mullen as well, a bit rusty but overall was able to provide a few really crucial plays

There is going to be a lot of debate when Dureau comes back as to who the halves are IMO, Bailey looked really dangerous tonight, that chip/regather really highlighted his class, seriously if we lose this guy to another club I will be pissed. Please Mr. Smith just find a spot for him each week and let him do his thing!

McManus got caught standing too flat in attack again tonight. Cost us a try.

Defended brilliantly though.

Besides that chip-chase I didn't see Bailey do much?

Bicey_18

Bench
Just watched the after match comments

"We arent as great as Newcastle sides in the past but we are not that far off.. we are showing the passion and steel from when we came into the comp in 88.. Each player out there for us earnt my respect tonight, the way we defended esp in the 2nd half and some bewildering calls against us, very happy with the result." - Brian Smith

"That's one of the best defensive efforts in a long time tonight which was the most pleasing thing I reckon, just being back there and watching the boys put in was just awesome." - Kurt Gidley

" Not disappointed, no. I think the game goes another 10 minutes and we would have ran over the top of them." - Scott Prince

I think Scott was upset as he was made Jarrod's B*tch as some of the banners are suggesting lol

Pumba

First Grade
" Not disappointed, no. I think the game goes another 10 minutes and we would have ran over the top of them." - Scott Prince

I think Scott was upset as he was made Jarrod's B*tch as some of the banners are suggesting lol

mullensbiatch.jpg

Shut up Prince!

MC DUI

Juniors
Damn we tried to throw that game away, but I'm loving this team! Hehe Mullens bitch!

Latest posts