What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Bulldogs First Grade Team

strewth_mate

Bench
I think Reynoldson will be good in terms of shutting down their forwards...if he can do alot of tackling then that takes more pressure off Simmo in that regard.

That's what I'm thinking... I'm not ecstatic that he's been chosen, but if he has to be then I'd prefer him to start on the field in a game like this. Though I don't have any faith that the team, and the configurations, will be what we see run out on Sunday, it could be a Smith special.

But to put Reynoldson in and leave out Davico and Sargent seems a little mysterious to me on the surface. Hopefully Tolar gets a run, because I imagine a game like this is where he'll be pretty effective. And now I've doomed him... The pack should be fine, I just hope they have enough grit to stay competitive if the Dogs are really firing.

Johns Magic

Referee
strewth_mate said:
That's what I'm thinking... I'm not ecstatic that he's been chosen, but if he has to be then I'd prefer him to start on the field in a game like this. Though I don't have any faith that the team, and the configurations, will be what we see run out on Sunday, it could be a Smith special.

But to put Reynoldson in and leave out Davico and Sargent seems a little mysterious to me on the surface. Hopefully Tolar gets a run, because I imagine a game like this is where he'll be pretty effective. And now I've doomed him... The pack should be fine, I just hope they have enough grit to stay competitive if the Dogs are really firing.

Sargent's injured

antonius

Coach
I would say Royal, and Patterson will miss out. Not sure why Polglase has made the side, and I think I'd prefer Doogs at centre, but lets see how it goes, I just think he would be more damaging there. I honestly am surprised to see Reynoldson in the run on side (and that's not just because I'm an Abraham fan) I just think in the games I've watched him in he hasn't shown the requirements of a lock forward, at best I see him as a bench prop forward, and that's at a stretch. It's great to see Tolar get his spot back on the bench, where last year he really excelled till he was injured. Matt White is another that I think was greatly under-rated by Hagan. I think he'll really come to the fore this year. Kidley at fullback really worries, and the Dogs are one of those teams that will really test him with clever kicks, that is one area that could cost us dearly. I'm tipping a win to us, provided Kids holds the back for us, if Sherwin, and Magic work their magic then it could spell trouble, and turn it into a Dogs walk in the park. I don't think it'll be long before we see Uate on the wing, and Thaiday at fullback, Thaiday just has too much match turning potential to stay in Premmy, and Uate is a future star, Smith with nuture him into first grade this year.

Johns Magic

Referee
antonius said:
Kidley at fullback really worries, and the Dogs are one of those teams that will really test him with clever kicks, that is one area that could cost us dearly. I'm tipping a win to us, provided Kids holds the back for us, if Sherwin, and Magic work their magic then it could spell trouble, and turn it into a Dogs walk in the park.

Sherwin's injured

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Thats a pretty good side IMO. I'm not surprised to see McManus get the nod over Uate, I think he's still a little too green atm. Reynoldson at lock is an interesting selection over Abraham although Abes has been struck down by injury in recent times. If our forwards can at least keep the Dogs honest, and perhaps end up getting level with them, I think our halves have more in their arsenal then the Dogs do.

Burwood

Bench
I wonder how Smith will use our forwards? I'm thinking that Reynoldson will take over from Simpson's role last year, where he would play the large majority of the match and focus mainly on defence. That will leave Simpson to move out onto the fringes, and Newton to be interchanged throughout the match with Abraham a little more regularly than we might be use to in the past.

Basically I'm hoping that Simpson doesn't whore himself out in defence and instead leaves Reynoldson to chase the ball around the park:D

antonius

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Sherwin's injured
Todays Newcastle paper said he had an injured ankle, but would play.
***Edit said he's doubtfull, so yep maybe that solves my doubts in that area, though Kids still makes me nervous at fullback, the Dogs are still the sort of team that have the game that will put a lot of pressure on him there.

Pumba

First Grade
antonius said:
Todays Newcastle paper said he had an injured ankle, but would play.
***Edit said he's doubtfull, so yep maybe that solves my doubts in that area, though Kids still makes me nervous at fullback, the Dogs are still the sort of team that have the game that will put a lot of pressure on him there.

Makes me nervous to lets hope they have bombed the sh*t out of him during the off season. If he can be safe under the high ball I have no doubt he could be a success at fullback.

Pika

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Sonny is running around at 114kg? Why do i highly doubt that? At that weight and maintaining his bodyfat he'd look like Arnie did back in the 70's. Eg ripped to the bone. 114kg is 250 pounds - way too much weight for someone of his frame to be carrying.

Information lifted from the Telegraph a month or so ago.

We have been speculating over this info for weeks.

Possible, but unlikely.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I like the team! Davico and thaiday will be in there soon when they get some confidence and match fitness in premier league. I am very worried with gidley at fullback. When he's been tested with high kicks in the past, he has very often been found wanting. Hopefully he's turned the corner.

I was really excited about coming home and seeing the team sheet. It's much better then the old copy and paste days....

Hmmmm i think abes over ereynoldson in the starting team looks just better..good to see new blood in the team..regan tanner..was he hages lap dog?where did he go?..not that im sorry..Glad to see tighe gets to go ahead..id love to see him getting the ball off mullen tho wouldnt surprise to see Doogs gettin the ball...
Sherwin injured is a big plus..hold em in the forwards and the backs will get us home

BG

Juniors
antonius said:
Kids still makes me nervous at fullback, the Dogs are still the sort of team that have the game that will put a lot of pressure on him there.

Hope so. Better to find out sooner rather than later how he handles it.

BG

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Sherwin injured is a big plus..

Not nessa... a few Bulldogs fans have been touting Roberts as the better option anyway. (They might be off target with that assessment, but he's come under notice by coming up with a couple of very big plays in only a few NRL appearances.)

BG

Juniors
Pika said:
Information lifted from the Telegraph a month or so ago.

"Information" and "Telegraph" in the same sentence :lol:

Just pop in the prefix "dis-" and it will make a lot more sense.

Latest posts