What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Bulldogs *** live spoilers

Mr Saab

Referee
There is no "bradbury" in it.
Almost every yr you can go thru the events of this yr and say "well if this didnt happen then they would have won"
E.g Broncos in 1993. Ricky Stuart did his leg vs the Eels in the 2nd last round and was gone for the remaining games. The raiders were on fire that yr and they "possibly" could have won it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Seage at fullback and Thaiday on the wing. Dump Quinn all together.

Thaiday will go great on the wing.

WTF? No he won't. He'd be good, but nowhere near what he is in fullback. He wouldn't get the same level of broken field play and he won't see nearly as much ball. Sure, we could give him a roving commission ala Blacklock at the Dragons - but that'll just mean he's out of position if there's a turnover.

I'd rather keep Thaiday in fullback where he clearly belongs, and have Seage on the wing where his defence will somewhat compensate for that of guys like Carmont and Tighe.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
Seage at fullback and Thaiday on the wing. Dump Quinn all together.

Thaiday will go great on the wing.

As an outsider looking in that would be crazy to do.
Thaiday is a great support player in the mould of Hodgson and can do alot more damage as a #1 than a #2/5

innsaneink

Referee
The little Ive seen of Seage though, suggests to me hes just as good a support player as thaiday, defence sound, good under the kick...good alround...should ensure the #1 spot at newie is hotly contested all year....he could also make a good 5/8 if needed.

strewth_mate

Bench
Thaiday is the kind of fullback we can see ourselves with now and he's playing well. Nothing to do with whether he or Seage is a better player. Seage is an excellent fullback with or without Thaiday in the picture, he's probably just not what we'd like right now in that position after Thaiday's form because we're in the razzle dazzle frame of mind.

I'd personally prefer Thaiday at the back at the moment, probably due to his recent form. It's a matter of circumstance that left Seage unable to cement his spot at fullback a couple of years ago and such injuries also led to us getting Thaiday. Milton's excellent form is Seage's bad luck, and while I want them both in the team and don't care who is custodian, I still see Seage as a player with unrealised potential at fullback, but what can you do.

And as a Knights fan I'm also annoyed at the commentary team's lovefest over Joey, but that's their problem, not mine.

Misanthrope

Staff member
And then there's young Nathan Hinton in Premier League, who's keeping Seage on the wing down there as well! :)

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
1) I'm not Balmain Benny, read more carefully.
2) It wasn't a criticism of you, but of the commentators. Nor was it even a response to you. Don't be so precious.
3) I don't think anyone claimed the omission of the Tigers' players was the reason for the loss. Why is this relevant to Matthew Johns biased appraisal of the Knights?
4) Once again, what has us being premiers got to do with anything even if I HAD been critical of you? Where the hell are you coming from with this?

Obviously there has been confusion. However, even if I HAD said what you thought, I don't understand why you would contiue to bring up the Tigers' premiership and the circumstances under which it was one when really, it's irrelevant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) WHAT A REBUKING , GET THAT UP YOU EGG HEAD ;()

Big Pete

Referee
Balmain Boy and Innsaneink.

Firstly Balmain Boy.

When I wrote what I said I didn't know you were talking about Matt Johns. I read your post saying their premiership threats then when I wrote mine your reply was like this praise is getting sickening. If I had of known it was Matt Johns you were talking about I would agree. However without knowing that bit of information you were coming accross as hypocritical.

I may not be just refering to just Tigers fans on the board either. Ever since they won anything Rugby League related in public must be about the Tigers and if it dare ventures else where it's either boring or it's not as good as a Benji step. Again I wasn't specifically insulting you or members of this board.

Maybe it was a harsh genralisation, however everyone does it on this board, everyone has their thoughts on teams.

Again, this problem all started on a confusion on a mistake. I should of just asked were you criticising me instead of insulting your team and I apologise for that.

I do agree on your view on Matt Johns though. Him and Chief have ruined most of the footy discussion on the footy show IMO.

Alex28

Coach
CWBush said:
And then there's young Nathan Hinton in Premier League, who's keeping Seage on the wing down there as well! :)
I'd say they are playing Seage on the wing to both develop Hinton at fullback and Seage's wing ability. If you were going head to head - Seage would be at fullback hands down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Yeah, at least we didn't cheat though.

Not sure if you can count mate, we cheated in '02. Didn't win then.

We were clean as a whistle in 2004, won the comp.

But as ink said, you cheated! :lol:

bluesbreaker

Bench
Seage has fantastic support play, Thaiday is just unbelievably dynamic. Thaiday is a Matty Bowen style fullback, whereas Seage is a Minicello style fullback. All up to personal opinion of course, but if Thaiday continues to play this (whilst improving under the high ball), he has #1 sown up for years to come. How fantastic is it to have 1 injury in the first 3 weeks? God damn, 06 is looking like a good year.

Latest posts