What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Bulldogs *** live spoilers

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CWBush said:
Having Johns off the field for a rest, Carney off injured, Smith off for a rest, and Buderus in the bin didn't help matters either...

That's my point though, if you lose just one or two of your good players, your team will die in the ass. That's all I'm saying. You are an absolutely scinitillating team with a full compliment, but what each of you have said is exactly what I'm getting at. A few small injuries and as much as it might pain anybody to hear it, Newcastle are gone.

But instead of paying attention to anything good I've said, you've all just lashed out at me again.

So can I repeat, well done, congratulations, you were the better team by a country mile, and, injuries aside, you are well on your way to premiership number 3.

Ciao.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
dodge said:
I think Johns was a bit of a coward continually potting penalties in the opening 20 mins, but Hazem did the same last week so I can't really talk.

El Mazri does it regularly for you. Hardly cowardly. If you are dumb enough to kick the ball out like that or give away cheap penalties, you deserve 2 points scored against you. You should be thankful he did too. The way Tonga was defending it could have made it a record score.

The Dogs played dumb footy and got belted for it.

gaterooze

Bench
dodge said:
But instead of paying attention to anything good I've said, you've all just lashed out at me again.

Not an attack, but seriously, if ANY team is playing with their hooker in the bin and their halfback on the sidelines, with a backrower on the wing -- they will not go too well.

I think it was stirring how after the Dogs scored their third quick try, the Knights decided to toughen up and not let them in again -- their defence with 12 men was outstanding for the last 7 minutes.

scottyeel

Bench
jimmythehand said:
newcastle played a very smart game tonight. The loss of Utai was a huge blow to the dogs because they have no depth out wide. Lose one or two players and the fill-ins are all at sea out wide. This was shown up towards the end of last year and the knights were smart enough to attack the right areas of the field. Geez they made it look easy.

Dogs have several problems:

* Sherwin is looking terrible and Holdsworth isn't the type of player that will pick up the creativity slack. Put someone more creative at 5/8 like Matiua until Sherwin gets back on track.

* Lack of pace is frightening. Patten looks slower since his injury, Tonga looks more like falling over his feet than a try line, Emilio looks a solid player but isn't fast, El Masri is great on his feet but not a speed merchant, sherwin and holdsworth no pace .... only other place you look for speed is hooker and we've got hughes and perry there.

* As mentioned before lack of depth out wide is leading to massive holes in the defence whenever a reshuffle is required.

* Lack of depth in the forwards. Andrew Ryan in particular does not seem to be having much impact. With O'Meley on the field there seemed to be no impact off the bench. Start with Armit again I reckon.

* Discipline is atrocious. Get rid of the stupid niggle, they don't even do it in a way that will frustrate the opposition and end up getting more frustrated themselves.

* We'll never win a final if Stephen Clark referees.
It was a shocking call to penalise Grimaldi early on when Seage dropped it cold. Should have been a try to the dogs, instead the knights went 40m down field.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Sherwin was playing pretty well until last night, let's hope its just a one off...

Tonga had a shocker, maybe all this talk about him going to Union is affecting him.

Corey Hughes was the usual village idiot around the ruck giving away cheap penalties.

But the Knights are on fire they are the form team of the comp so far.

dodge said:
That's my point though, if you lose just one or two of your good players, your team will die in the ass. That's all I'm saying. You are an absolutely scinitillating team with a full compliment, but what each of you have said is exactly what I'm getting at. A few small injuries and as much as it might pain anybody to hear it, Newcastle are gone.

So can I repeat, well done, congratulations, you were the better team by a country mile, and, injuries aside, you are well on your way to premiership number 3.

Ciao.

Isnt that the same scenario with MOST TEAMS tho.........:roll:

Balmain_Boy

Big Pete said:
Why because the Tigers arn't getting praised for their medicority?

What have the Tigers got to do with it? :?

Matty Johns took it too far last night. He is baised for obvious reasons but i've never had a problem with his commentary until last night. It was so biased and folksy it was sickening. Very unprofessional and quite frankly very boring listening to Matt Johns going on about what good blokes Brian Carney and Andrew Johns are or how Newcastle would fare in the GF this year if Johns was out for it.

ByRd

First Grade
Shocking, shocking weekend for our boys in all grades, well done and congrats to all knights sides and you guys will go a long way this year. Bulldogs, i hope this is a perfomance like round 3 in 2004, we just cant play for 80 and our players just give away stupid penalties (HUGHES), i just want us to do the simple things right and hopefully everything will fall in place from there. But again, well done knights.

innsaneink

Referee
JF - Knights 50 - 0
PL - Knights 48 - 12
1sts-Knights 46 - 22

How can Brian Smith focus 100% on Parra with results like these?

Jono078

Referee
With results like these it almost makes me want to keep Hagan :(. He is showing he can do well if he has the right tools off the field, like full time facilities and staff.

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Matty Johns took it too far last night. He is baised for obvious reasons but i've never had a problem with his commentary until last night. It was so biased and folksy it was sickening. Very unprofessional and quite frankly very boring listening to Matt Johns going on about what good blokes Brian Carney and Andrew Johns are or how Newcastle would fare in the GF this year if Johns was out for it.

Better late than never in coming to realise what a toss pot M Johns is when commentating on the Knights. Its bad enough he does a Jim (American Pie) every time he talks (Jim : "I have reserves Nadia") about his brother, we now have to listen to him every week go on and on and on and on about his bum chum Carney.

Balmain_Boy

Sure he's always been biased. I've noticed it before, it's just never annoyed me all that much; the same way Harrogan hasn't annoyed me. But it's really at a new level this season. It was ridiculous. But since I follow the Tigers i'm not allowed that opinion. :roll: (not at you saab).

innsaneink

Referee
I noticed it moreso last nite than ever before.......talk of going 'undefeated' and 'grand finals' when its round three.

Mr Saab

Referee
Carlito said:
Any people who aren't tigers fans offended by the coverage last night?

Yes, and have been ever since ch9 employed Matthew "I get paid $1000 for everytime i mention Andrew" Johns

Misanthrope

Staff member

As someone else has said, it's true of most (if not all) teams. How did the Dogs go last year without Shrek and Mason on deck? How are Wests going without Marshall so far?

You also again ignore the fact it wasn't just that Buderus wasn't on the field - it was the fact that nobody was there to replace him. It's one thing to sub him off, it's another to have to defend against one of the best packs in the comp with twelve men (and a back rower on the wing).

Latest posts