What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Cowboys Post Match Talk.

Kasper

Bench
eddo said:
Can we get that Tronc monster playing for the knights. What a giant!
The Tronca Truck is all ours, keep your grubby hands off the big fella. At only 20 or 21 he has a big future.

Gidsgal said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
well they arent playing with pride.. And they have been pathetic.

I'd like to see u do better mate!!

God thats the lamest type of argument.. The old.. I'd like to see you do better saying :roll: For starters i dont earn ridiculous amounts of money to play rugby league and i am not a professional rugby league player.. But if you think its fine for us to fork out millions of dollars to a team of passionless hacks then thats fine.

How can someone be so blind to the fact that we sucked..

Oh and for the record, anyone probably could have done better than us last night...

:arrow:

IanG

Coach
Man what a poor performance. They were simply not up to the task. In fact I got so disenchanted with the effort that with 10 minutes I got out of my seat and stormed off to the Pokie lounge.

thuganomics

Coach
Tilse has to have a game.
What the hell are we putting Tolar on our bench for, hes uselss. We put him on for 5minutes!!
Im praying Parsons will be back this week.
Our Differencial is now -24 :|

Grantwhy

Juniors
I don't know if this is in defence of the Knights or the Cowboys but :p

* The Cowboys do have one of the better defensive records this year - don't be so shocked that scoring against them is harder than it used to be.

* The Cowboys this year would be in the top 5 for not giving away penalties - although the 2-11 count from this game is a big surprise. Maybe when Robbie O used the 'it's hot' line in the first half to defend the Knights for trying to slow down the play the ball the Ref took that as an admision of guilt?
(yes - the Cowboys could of been penalised for 3-4 simmilar offence, but the Knights could of also been penalised for another 3-4 offences that the Ref let go.)

* The Knights lost their 5/8 to injury in the first half (don't know if he came back on). Their Halfback was limping for most of the second half. I think there might of been another player out there that wasn't 100% (i saw him mostly on the left wing in the 2nd half).

* The Knights did have opportunities that were shut down by great tackles. about 3-4 times in the game the last (outside) Cowboys defender made a ball&all tackle to shut down the play when there was two more Knights out side him.

Honestly, I was surprised the bookies had the Cowboys favourites for the game and was not expecting such a big win (but very happy).

I think the Knights were not expecting such a good defensive effort from the Cowboys and when the Cowboys got in front they started trying things to catch up that just didn't work (this year - last year it might of). I don't think the Knight played that badly.

To be brutally honest (and aimed mostly at the Sydney media) - why is it every time a team loses to the Cowboys it's everyones fault except the Cowboys ;-) (not even against Souths).

thuganomics

Coach
Congrats on your win Grantwhy.

Theres NO excuse for us playing as bad as we did. We rekon we are premiership material, we should be able to put away the teams below us on the ladder easily.

Kaz

junior
Grantwhy said:
To be brutally honest (and aimed mostly at the Sydney media) - why is it every time a team loses to the Cowboys it's everyones fault except the Cowboys ;-) (not even against Souths).

What about the commentators on Fox.

They kepts saying the Knights had such & such out, :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:.

Then when they knew the Cowboys would win they said

Great effort from the Cowboys, they had such & such out, :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

mat_parsons

Juniors
Maybe players should be told that they won't get big bucks next season unless they improve their performance and attitude rigth now.

Doctor

Bench
Crikey. You lot are a sad and sorry lot of supporters today. We lost the match with a poor performance but you lot seem ready to pack your bags and start supporting other teams.

If that's the kind of support, or lack thereof, you wish to offer then good ridance -- you talk about pride and passion: where's yours? :(

mat_parsons said:
Something is wrong with our team and no one is able to find what.

Many reasons. It's called missing players, an away game against a confident team, and a lot of mistakes from the team.

Maybe we should sack someone (see how it worked with Souths and Warriors).

I'm not going to bother trying to be sarcastic here my friend. Sacking is not the answer. If we had a near-full-strength team like Parramatta then perhaps the answer would be to change the side a bit. But you can't "sack" players who shouldn't be in first grade in the first place. All that does is perpetuate the problem because you've now got your 29th and 30th best players at the club playing first grade prematurely.

If you're suggesting we sack Michael Hagan, then I would laugh at you. I'm fairly sure you're not -- that would be a ridiculous solution.

The coach is occupied with QLD side more than with Newcastle

For the first year ever, I might add.
Last year he spent some time away from Newcastle, but not enough to disrupt the side. I would suggest the loss of so many representative players would be a telling factor in our poor performances. Johns, Tahu, Buderus, Gidley, Kennedy, Simpson, Abraham and more are significant losses by themselves, but as a collective it represents a loss in every facet of our side -- playmaking, defence, attacking, speed, passing, kicking etc.

no more calm statements from Hagan: "Everything is OK, we'll be fine" DO SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

The thing for fans like us to do is get behind the fellows that are there. They were ordinary last night, and many senior players seemed to lack commitment and passion. But getting all worked up about it doesn't help. It isn't Michael Hagan's fault he has lost just about all his reputable players -- nor is it his fault what occurs on the paddock, especially when he isn't even coaching them this round.

Let's not get too disheartened people.

poetic tragedy

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Gidsgal said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
well they arent playing with pride.. And they have been pathetic.

I'd like to see u do better mate!!

God thats the lamest type of argument.. The old.. I'd like to see you do better saying :roll: For starters i dont earn ridiculous amounts of money to play rugby league and i am not a professional rugby league player.. But if you think its fine for us to fork out millions of dollars to a team of passionless hacks then thats fine.

How can someone be so blind to the fact that we sucked..

Oh and for the record, anyone probably could have done better than us last night...

:arrow:
Hahaha, I so totally agree... When "Gidsgal" posted that, I was dumb struck... I just read it over and over to make sure it was real.

Bah, I had a big long post, but I second thought about whether I should post it, so I'll just say the Knights are playing like shit. ;)

antonius

Coach
I have seen two of the best efforts from the Knights ever this year, last night would rate as one of the worst. We just haven't got any intensity, they are going through the motions and even doing that poorly. I'm not looking for excuses here but look we were on the end of a hiding from the ref, who was bloody pathetic, I think it was the last try that went to refs call and he had no hesitation in awarding a very dubious try, the Rauhi strip went their way, when it would be debatable weather it was a two man strip job, that type of decission according to todays paper is at the refs discretion, 11-2 penalty count a lot of which were crowd penalties the Cowboys were as bad as us in the play the ball area, the ref last night was the perfect example of a home town ref, that isn't why we lost though and as I said I'm not making excuses just trying to see why the boys just seemed to give up. We were monstered by their forwards, Rauhi (we should never have let him go) Campion, and that monster Tronc!!. add to that, the fact we lost Witt in the first half (how he gets the blame by a lot here for the loss is beyond me, he wasn't on the field for more than half the game), Craig Hall played just about all the game with a broken rib (not easy) Woolly got flatened early on and never seemed to really recover, lets not forget we just about had a reserve grade team out there playing. Like I said that's no excuse for poor ball handling, crap passing (Kidley again) and lack of enthusiasm, (they all need a kick up the arse for their attitude), but I guess when you have so many things against you, it all adds up.Every one is saying the Goosters will flog us next week, don't be surprised if that isn't the case, remember big games we turn up, and that is what really p!sses me off. Lastly while we are busy praising Ennis effort, a wake up call is the report in todays paper that we will almost certainly lose him, with five other clubs chasing his sig. Just to add insult to injury, there is another union push for Johns, with a private consortium putting up the money, so even though BK has freed up some money Johns is not a done deal yet. Oh happy days!!!!!

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
the Rauhi strip went their way, when it would be debatable weather it was a two man strip job.

Sargent from the Cowboys fell off the tackle.

Plus the ref never called held, so it was play on.

~bedsy~

First Grade
This team is disorganised. It's sad really. We can't even go a game without lossing someone.
I don't think we will be done for next week. Everyone will write us of and I'm sure Buderus and Gidley will back up... hopefully so will Tahu and we need Parson and Kennedy back... with those boys back on the paddock next week, we should be able to lift our intensity. *finger crossed *

antonius

Coach
The rule states Kaz that if there were two players in the original tackle and one drops off it is still a two man tackle, the ref said that Kennedy had broken through the tackle and even though kKennedy went to play the ball Rauhi stripped the ball, according to the "Experts" on todays footy show those cases are left to the refs discretion, the point I was making was that the ref was consistant with that ruling using his "Discretion, he did what he did all night ruled in favour of the home team. I reinterate that isn't why we lost.

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
The rule states Kaz that if there were two players in the original tackle and one drops off it is still a two man tackle, the ref said that Kennedy had broken through the tackle and even though kKennedy went to play the ball Rauhi stripped the ball, according to the "Experts" on todays footy show those cases are left to the refs discretion.

By ABC radio the correct ruling was applied.

Plus ref didn't call held.

misty

Juniors
How pathetic were the Knights last night.......VERY!
I'm not going to make sad exuses for them they sucked end of story.

I'm so sick of this, EVERY SOO time we lose players can't they find some other team to suck the players out of?
Its either the rossters or the knights for gods sake! #-o

I am so pissed off today :evil:

~bedsy~

First Grade
I want to know what happened to that pool of talent we had?
I think we need to go out to the local leagues... we seem to get better players out of doing that.

ironcross

Juniors
The Cowboys are a good team. I said they would be in the top 8 by the end of the year, and it looks like i'll be right. They have been playing well for the past two years. They were never going to be a push over.

We played poor last night. We have nothing in attack. I think this just shows that we do need a player like Johns in the team. I know everybody talks about Gidley but he is very hit and miss. Everytime he does something good, he does two not so great plays.

I still think Newcastle will make the top 8. Most sides are doing the same, so it's not over.

Alex28

Coach
Kaz said:
antonius said:
The rule states Kaz that if there were two players in the original tackle and one drops off it is still a two man tackle, the ref said that Kennedy had broken through the tackle and even though kKennedy went to play the ball Rauhi stripped the ball, according to the "Experts" on todays footy show those cases are left to the refs discretion.

By ABC radio the correct ruling was applied.

Plus ref didn't call held.

Thats bullshit Kaz. Rauhihi has put a hand on a player on the ground. That is held and classed as a tackle. If another player came in to assist while the player was on the ground, then that would be a virtual flop and would be a penalty. He has then stripped the player of the ball.

That is a penalty. That illegal play was the start of the end for the Knights. That and the f**ked refereeing in the defence both ways.

Latest posts