What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Roosters, Post match talk.

Samwise

Bench
yeah but thats the only time i wanted to stab him in the face, a vast improvement on the usual

astrogirl

First Grade
Chook said:
Gutsy effort Knights, those calls against you in the last 10 were absolute shockers, even I was screaming at Mander. Only because the bastard will even up the ledger with us some where down the track, he always does. I thought the Gidley brothers were tremendous and busted their arses all day. Abraham just keeps getting better and better.

Congrats on the new stadium by the way. It'll be something special when it's done, not a place for the feint of heart!

Chook.
Thanks for the kind remarks Chook, especially given the fact that most Knights fans on this forum are anti-Roosters fans. You're quite brave to venture here. As for your comment that Mander "will even up the ledger with us some where down the track, he always does" - I hope that doesn't happen - it's not the way refs should operate!

I can't comment on the game unfortunately - didn't make it up the F3 and wasn't home to watch the game. However I did tape it so I'll watch bits of it during the week if I can find some time here and there.

antonius

Coach
We threw the game away IMO. Four things

1. Kidleys kicking game is bloody awful, get Witt to do the majority kicks, his first six kicks(Kidleys were nothing kicks capped off with one out on the full)

2. The Blooper of the game, Matt Gidleys pass on our line after all the hard work we'd done to absorb the Goosters attack and hit the lead, he throws THAT pass on our goal line, Bloody disgraceful, he has got to get these brain snaps out of his game, he does it all the time, nothing kicks, speculator passes at crucial times in games, but that one yesterday takes the cake. I hope Hages kicked him up the arse at half time for it.

3. Russell Richardson, ball control non existant, drops it playing the ball 10 meters out from our line 2nd tackle, they score, sure he made some tackles but all in all I'm sorry to say there are others in premmy league that deserve his spot.

4. Finally Tim Mander, that was the worst game I've seen him ref, those decissions at the end certainly putthe kybosh on any hope we had of winning a game we were right in up until the Witt tackled without the ball one, followed by the non-existant strip, not one penalty for us in the second half, and he gives them that one, if Witt got the penalty we should have got then we had them on the back foot and we were on a roll, thanks for nothing Mander.

On positive notes, O'Davis had a blinder I thought, Price showed some good agresive running, Lowrie was great, that bust for Carmonts try showed he has some evasive skills and a turn of speed, he improves every week. Abraham stood up when BK went off, Buderus was again our best, Perry and Wooly didn't take a backward step. Witt stepped up again from last week and will continue to get better he showed some deft touches with the ball, and has a good passing game. Kidley apart from a poor kicking game again showed class, made some top tackles (Joey woul've been proud off) and showed determination to score that try.I thought the ground improvements were great, the crowd though was very quiet for a lot of the game.

Saw Spiteri in premmy league, he went off injured (Shoulder I think) but he looks to have the goods to step into first grade (By By Richo) and Fitzgerald looked ok in a beaten team. Jersey Flegg got a walloping, never in the game. All in all we again showed we can match it with the top teams without Joey, so all isn't lost, we should have won yesterday, we didn't because of some stupid options, poor ref decissions, but it was a cracker of a game.

Footnote, Forgot to mention Newton, I thought he continued to show he's really turned his game around since his injury and just prior to it. He was very solid, and very strong, and that's great to see, not easyu to come back from an injury like the one he had and show such commitment, that takes courage and he's got plenty I think.

astrogirl

First Grade
What's all this talk about a dud atmosphere at the ground? Could it be that the new stand has stuffed up the acoustics in the place? Or was it just that everyone was quiet yesterday

EDIT: oops, I think I've responded to the wrong thread

MC DUI

Juniors
Very disappointing todays match was. :(

I can't believe nobody has mentioned that Rooster try by Walker where Minichello was blatantly offside????

Didn't anybody else think he was in front of the kicker and we should have been given the penalty? I've seen penalties given for less than that.

Doctor

Bench
thuganomics said:
MAtt Gidley MOM IMO.

Gidley was awful at times. I would have thought an experienced player like Matt Gidley would not throw a ballooning pass practically on his own goal-line a minute before halftime - it cost the Knights the lead and we spent the rest of the game trying to keep up.

The atmosphere was quiet where I was - the Northern Hill. You could have heard a pin drop a couple of times there.

...sports ears

You wouldn't have needed any sports ears for much of the match - the atmosphere was so dead in patches there that you could just about hear Mander loud and clear.

Finally Tim Mander, that was the worst game I've seen him ref, those decissions at the end certainly putthe kybosh on any hope we had of winning a game we were right in up until the Witt tackled without the ball one, followed by the non-existant strip, not one penalty for us in the second half, and he gives them that one, if Witt got the penalty we should have got then we had them on the back foot and we were on a roll, thanks for nothing Mander

Many will know my dislike of ref-bashing. I don't agree with booing the refs off at full time.

But the criticism leveled at Mander and his two touch judges for yesterday's match is more than justified. Even Ricky Stuart admitted that his side benefited from some lucky calls going their way.

A fair indication of how disappointed Coach Hagan was came after the game during the post-match press-conference. He needed convincing to even turn up, and then when he did arrive he spent the entire conference standing up. He would not comment on the referees (no surprises here). I think he deserves truckloads of credit for not doing what his rival coach would have done in the same circumstance. Stuart would probably rather cop a fine than let a poor refereeing incident go un-criticised.

Hagan's coolness under the pressure of questions about the refereeing says a lot about the character of the man. He had every right to blow his lid after yesterday's match, but showed a great deal of restrain - Man of the Match Michael Hagan. :clap:

Doctor

Bench
MC DUI said:
Very disappointing todays match was. :(

I can't believe nobody has mentioned that Rooster try by Walker where Minichello was blatantly offside????

Didn't anybody else think he was in front of the kicker and we should have been given the penalty? I've seen penalties given for less than that.

The fact many have bypassed this incident in their assessments may say something about the sheer volume of debatable calls during the match.
In all fairness to the referees, yesterday's match was about as tough as it gets. A close game, 22,000 passionate fans, two sides desperate to win, a large television audience and a new concorse being opened. I wouldn't want the job.

But in the final wash-up, I'm fairly sure Tim Mander will agree with many of the criticisms being made here. The referees are not biased, they're not dodgy, in fact they're not even blind to their own mistakes. In the heat of the moment decisions are made, sometimes several major errors are made.

Hopefully Mander doesn't take the abuse personally, but takes on board the criticisms that will be made by the refereeing support-body. There are systems in place to monitor and train referees each week. I have every confidence that Mander will be aware of the mistakes he made, and so too the good calls he made. He is a good bloke, doing a tough job.

Didn't the Cowboys lose a match cause they had a chaser off-side and within 10 metres of the fullback who spilled the ball? And where was the video ref after the Witt incident?

Watching the tape late last night of the game did not make for happy viewing. I still can't get over the Matt Gidley pass. What was he thinking?

Gooba

Juniors
The game was great we are improving the way we play each week. the more training the guys get under there belts the better we will play.
Im not one to complain much about the game but a few things that should/shouldnt of happened:
1. the intercept try.. matty G must of been a bit over excited.
2. Well every close call went the roosters way. eg. mini being of side, the 'strip' and the player being taken out.
3. we need to get the forwards a bit more angryer. i would love to see perry with a bit more mungrel in him.
other then that extreemly proud of our knights so everyone should be! and Kurt gidley awesome match i thought your kicks were fine! Remember not many teams get that close to the roosters. we will see them in the semis!! our knights are a top 8 side no worries! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers :D

KURT GIDLY FOR PRIME MINISTER

Andy

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Why don't you all have a whinge :roll: . That's 5 wins out of the last 5 for the Roosters against the Knights. That should tell you something. And a message for that holler moron, No Wing, No Hegarty, No Cayless, No Fitzgibbon and we played like crap yet we still beat you AGAIN. We are sadly out of form at the moment but I'm sure you will see the real Roosters next week when Wing returns. P.S I'm sure Joey will be happy to see that someone else in the team can throw good intercept passes. I remember the beauty that Joey threw for Freddy in 2000, It was sensational. :lol:

Dear Mr. Wanker,

Your team didn't have to play well yesterday.
The match officials worked well as 3 extra men fo you.

A word of advice for you, Mr. wanker...

Leave it alone cockburn, you're already blind as a bat.

~bedsy~

First Grade
m0j0 said:
What a game. I wasn't confident until there was 60 seconds to go and we had the ball. I didn't see a crowd figure get posted, I guess the word "FULL" would have been sufficient.
I was sitting in the season ticket holders section in the new stand and I saw two other Roosters supporters nearby. Other than that, it was a see of Knights fans. I was a little disappointed by the noise (or lack thereof). Very little atmosphere - it was very quiet at some points.
That Crocker dropped ball that was ruled a raking near the end happened right in front of us. Very poor decision. Even I was abusing the ref. As for the Morley charge down incident. The way I saw it, his arms were merely covering his face and he didn't play at the ball. I haven't seen the replay yet, that's just how I remembered it.
Well played Knights. What was the name of that halfback you used to have? Andrew Jones or something? :)
You must have been sitting near me as I went with my friend who was a Roosters supporter. The "strip" happened right in front of me too.... The knights fans went off at that.
I heard Mander say in the sports ears that the player was offside from the kick and I then thought it was going to be a no try. But then it came up a Try and I was pretty shocked.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Why don't you all have a whinge :roll: . That's 5 wins out of the last 5 for the Roosters against the Knights. That should tell you something. And a message for that holler moron, No Wing, No Hegarty, No Cayless, No Fitzgibbon and we played like crap yet we still beat you AGAIN. We are sadly out of form at the moment but I'm sure you will see the real Roosters next week when Wing returns. P.S I'm sure Joey will be happy to see that someone else in the team can throw good intercept passes. I remember the beauty that Joey threw for Freddy in 2000, It was sensational. :lol:
bring it to the table flip
Wing is a benchie for when the starting 13 get tired-esp. in the test team
Oh PLEASE bring back Hegarty-You need more crabbers in your backline-Hang on :shock: -Youve got Hodges
Woolnough would have easily covered Cayliss-Did Morley do anything ?
Fitzgibbon is a shade under Simpson-Kennedy,the teams inspiration, goes after 7 min
GOD is out for the season-How many games have you won without God on the paddock.Sure you got 2000 but what about the towelling up job[40-6] the following year?
Score a try of your own-Gidley intercept-Minichello offside-Richardson stuffed up the play the ball-all lead to points.
Brilliant play by Finch to set up Cadic-Keep training him well for us wont you.
The decisions by the ref in the final 10 were attrocious and we might not have scored but then again we would have liked the chanes to catch Cross out in defence again!
If your the Benchmark-Then the rest of the class is catching up
IDIOT! :twisted:

Andy

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
bring it to the table flip
Wing is a benchie for when the starting 13 get tired-esp. in the test team
Oh PLEASE bring back Hegarty-You need more crabbers in your backline-Hang on :shock: -Youve got Hodges
Woolnough would have easily covered Cayliss-Did Morley do anything ?
Fitzgibbon is a shade under Simpson-Kennedy,the teams inspiration, goes after 7 min
GOD is out for the season-How many games have you won without God on the paddock.Sure you got 2000 but what about the towelling up job[40-6] the following year?
Score a try of your own-Gidley intercept-Minichello offside-Richardson stuffed up the play the ball-all lead to points.
Brilliant play by Finch to set up Cadic-Keep training him well for us wont you.
The decisions by the ref in the final 10 were attrocious and we might not have scored but then again we would have liked the chanes to catch Cross out in defence again!
If your the Benchmark-Then the rest of the class is catching up
IDIOT! :twisted:

Hey holla, glad to see your enthusiasm and encouragement for Johns in your posts, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my Lord's name in vein like this again.

I agree that Johns is an amazing player, but he's definately not God or close in any form.

It offends me and many others I'm sure, when you do this.

It would sound funny if you were to call John Buddah or Alah, etc right?

Thanks,

Andy.

Risa

Bench
I was sitting on the Northern Hill and I've never sat there before, and I could hardly see anything. Couldn't see the screen either, bit of a bummer. Therefore, I can't really comment much on the match, because I couldn't figure out what line the players were on LOL.

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
I was sitting on the Northern Hill and I've never sat there before, and I could hardly see anything. Couldn't see the screen either, bit of a bummer. Therefore, I can't really comment much on the match, because I couldn't figure out what line the players were on LOL.

Pay for paupers tickets & what do you expect. :lol:

Only Grandstand tickets for me & don't forget my Satin Pillow. :D

Latest posts