What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Roosters, Post match talk.

*melliez*

Juniors
Risa said:
You can sit on my Knights pillow. :lol:

I think I would have died yesterday if I didn't have my Knights pillow!

I swear it was the best investment!!!

Call Johns by is corret name

BARGE ARSE.

Hahaha!!! What about North end of a southbound horse?? :lol:

snapper

Juniors
Unfortunately a lot of the people in the crowd at knights games tend to look at you as some sort of freak when you get vocal these days.(and I'm not talking about the use of any profanities) Times have changed, and with the introduction of seating on what was the best hill in the comp I can't see the crowds being near as colletively animated as what they once were. Me, my dad and my friends all used to go to the games but the football club are so busy pleasing there corporate sponsors that the grass route supporters are left to deal with unreasonable ticket prices, long waits in food and beverag lines and for female toilets.now we all watch the game together on tele. Dont get me wrong I love the knights and still go to games when I can afford it, just would like to see management look after the people who have always looked after the club.

Sorry,I rambled on abit there. On the game though I would have to agree with Antonious on his rap for Robbie. I now he dropped a ball that led to a try, but that was a tremendous kick that moved around a hell of alot in the air. Everything else he did was the Robbie of old. I hope that makes the people that thought we should of kept old 3 games a year Macdougall think again after yet another breakdown.(I know o'davis hasnt the greatest attendance rate of late either)

IMO it was a great effort from the boys especially considering they were down a replacement early on which is especially hard against a side like the Roosters who really were there oppositions down.

mat_parsons

Juniors
THEY'VE JUST BREACHED SALARY CUP BY BUYING THAT REF. :lol:

They couldn't win that game until he litterally brought football in front of our lines and yelled:'Do something you chickens!!!'

And to allow George Carmont (with help of Tod Lowrie) to score try is not Roosters' standard I think.

Our boys played well and it'll get better by time. :clap:

GO THE KNIGHTS! :clap: :clap: :clap:

keeney

First Grade
you posted basically this somewhere else as well, why is it so disgracefuil to have george carmont score agaisnt them, with everyone fuly fit, i'd imagine he'd be our number 4

Doctor

Bench
Andy said:
Holla if ya hear me said:
bring it to the table flip
Wing is a benchie for when the starting 13 get tired-esp. in the test team
Oh PLEASE bring back Hegarty-You need more crabbers in your backline-Hang on :shock: -Youve got Hodges
Woolnough would have easily covered Cayliss-Did Morley do anything ?
Fitzgibbon is a shade under Simpson-Kennedy,the teams inspiration, goes after 7 min
GOD is out for the season-How many games have you won without God on the paddock.Sure you got 2000 but what about the towelling up job[40-6] the following year?
Score a try of your own-Gidley intercept-Minichello offside-Richardson stuffed up the play the ball-all lead to points.
Brilliant play by Finch to set up Cadic-Keep training him well for us wont you.
The decisions by the ref in the final 10 were attrocious and we might not have scored but then again we would have liked the chanes to catch Cross out in defence again!
If your the Benchmark-Then the rest of the class is catching up
IDIOT! :twisted:

Hey holla, glad to see your enthusiasm and encouragement for Johns in your posts, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my Lord's name in vein like this again.

I agree that Johns is an amazing player, but he's definately not God or close in any form.

It offends me and many others I'm sure, when you do this.

It would sound funny if you were to call John Buddah or Alah, etc right?

Thanks,

Andy.

Here here Andy - I too strongly disapprove of the use of my Lord's name in vain. Hopefully others understand how offensive it is - perhaps it is a reflection of the increasingly liberal standards of censorship these days. I noticed it isn't even considered a form of swearing anymore, well at least not for pre-programme warning purposes.

THEY'VE JUST BREACHED SALARY CUP BY BUYING THAT REF

This joke has been used before - it's all very funny but it can be construed as defamatory unfortunately. The suggestion is that the referee is involved in match-fixing, by being open to bribes. You're saying he is corrupt, whether it is joking or not.

I hate to play the policeman here, but in the interests of fair comment you can say he had a shocker. I would suggest that you cannot say he is corrupt.

Tim Mander is a genuinely good bloke, but he did make some big errors towards the end of the match. I would suggest that saying this is an indication he is corrupt would be a slur on the man's reputation. Be very careful.

Samwise

Bench
This will probably sound harsh, but can we get back to discussing the game.

from dictionary.com
God
A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
A very handsome man.
A powerful ruler or despot.

its a figure of speech, not everyone believes in your definition of god, get over it. If that offends you so much then why not lobby this site to ban the use of the abbreviation OMG, believe it or not many people are offended when the religious try to force their beliefs on others.

Now.. back to game discussion.

mat_parsons

Juniors
keeney said:
you posted basically this somewhere else as well, why is it so disgracefuil to have george carmont score agaisnt them, with everyone fuly fit, i'd imagine he'd be our number 4

He's been pride of our team on Sunday afternoon, but it's ashame for Roosters defence that such young bloke broke their try line. I bassically posted that to lower their arognace, I did not have any bad attention to our player. He has improved a lot since Parra and Dragons games.

Oswin, I didn't not have attention to sue that ref for what he had done to our team on Sunday afternoon, but I'm reasonably angry on him. It's ashame that refs can do whatever they want and that no one can do something to change that. Also I m suprised that you defend the ref with legal crap. Anyway, thank you for warning there might be someone out there who may take it seriously.

I will not be posting anything regarding this matter or anything too judgamental.

I thought this is supporters' forum when I joined, then it looked like gossip, now I have feeling that I'm in court of law.

Cheers

Doctor

Bench
mat_parsons said:
It's ashame that refs can do whatever they want and that no one can do something to change that.

Come on Mat-Parsons, it's not that bad is it? You make the refs sound like vigilantes, running amock on the field. They're there to attempt to keep things within the confines of the rules - they're also human and proned to mistakes.

Also I m suprised that you defend the ref with legal crap.

I'm not "defending" anyone with "legal crap". Defamation is what cost us the old forum, it is also what plays on the minds of many internet site owners. I for one don't downplay the impact defamatory remarks can have.

Anyway, thank you for warning there might be someone out there who may take it seriously.

Oswin takes everything seriously, unless it is clearly a joke - I didn't realise yours was a joke... seriously. :oops:

I thought this is supporters' forum when I joined, then it looked like gossip, now I have feeling that I'm in court of law.
Cheers

It still is a supporters forum - no-one is putting anyone on trial. I didn't say you defamed him, I just said that such comments could be construed as defamatory.

Unlike you and I, some people do take these comments seriously - some people chew up a lot of money proving that these comments were of a defamatory nature.

I'm only suggesting that we all be careful - the issue is a biggie.... let's not get caught out by the image conscious who resent slurs on their character.

Sorry if my comments were mistaken as judgemental - as I said: I hate to play policeman. I don't enjoy pointing these things out - I'm not out to find everyone's mistakes, but merely to avoid any potential problems.

mat_parsons

Juniors
It's OK Oswin. I was too angry that our loss was highly influenced by some decisons. After all there is always next game and I m sure if we keep progressing like this that we'll be able to beat big teams (esspecially Roosters) in rest of season. :clap:

At least NRL should change rules so ref's decisions could be reviwed with video referee on players/captain's request.

I love your Signature mat_parsons. Aww Memories

I'd be happy if he could score few more in this season so I can change sig from time to time. :D Anyway, I haven't seen better picture of rugby league game (try) and I congregulate the guy who took it.
:clap:

mrford61

Juniors
Not sure whether oswin and andy are serious about the GOD word or not but in case you are, I dont see why anyone should respect the christians beliefs when anything else on this forum is open slather.
You dont like being the policeman os, well blasphemy is not illegal.

If you are just voicing an opinion.. fine. If you really expect everyone to tow the line with the mis-use of a word that doesnt even refer solely to YOUR object of worship.............fraid not.

Simplycheeky said:
My thought's are.... Obviously there is a conflict of interest. Robert Finch Should be sacked by the NRL.
EXACTLY!!!
In the paper today Hagan got to talk to Finch about the decision and Finch basically told him to get stuffed-Its a Judgement call!
Was it a judgement call last year when Dogs beat Roosters from an Andrew Ryan offside play-No!The ref got suspended.It was exactly the same decision that cost us with Minichello being off side from the kick.
One rule for them-one for us-GRRR!

princess plj

Juniors
our boys played well, too bad the ref and the touchie forgot that they were not meant to support a team--- MEMO to them:: NEUTRAL

les norton

First Grade
Geeze this topics has gotten a tad serious since i looked at it last....ease up fellas. We all have to try and be respectful of each other...but i do think this is getting more airplay than it deserves.

Doctor

Bench
mrford61 said:
Not sure whether oswin and andy are serious about the GOD word or not but in case you are, I dont see why anyone should respect the christians beliefs when anything else on this forum is open slather.
You dont like being the policeman os, well blasphemy is not illegal.

If you are just voicing an opinion.. fine. If you really expect everyone to tow the line with the mis-use of a word that doesnt even refer solely to YOUR object of worship.............fraid not.

I was serious - I can't speak for Andy, but I'm fairly sure he was serious too.

I would have thought that respecting other people's beliefs is just common courtesy. I respect your beliefs Mr Ford, but that doesn't mean I don't offend you at times with what I say - I'm not suggesting you need to understand every aspect of my Christianity so you never tread on my toes, but I believe if something does offend me then I have a right to explain why it does so. Is this fair enough?

I don't "expect" everyone to follow my pattern of thinking - we would forever be in conflict if we tried to steer clear of everything that forum members deem unacceptable.

But I suppose the issue is that for Christians the use of God's name so loosely is considered a bigger issue than many would think. I don't agree with many other things, which I won't bore you with, but I choose not to make an issue of them because they are less of a problem.

In other cultures, the consumption of certain foods is considered a major evil. In Western culture, murder, paedophillia and sexual assault are considered big no-nos. So there clearly are "biggies" for everyone.

In a Christian context, the use of the Lord's name in vain has been marked down as one of these "biggies".

So I don't condemn you for that, but it is healthy in my opinion to point of this issue as a concern. I thought Andy handled it well. Whether I exacerbated the problem is perhaps the issue.

I must say though that I'm a little surprised at the response - I didn't expect this kind of reaction to the airing of the concern.

MC DUI

Juniors
Oswin please read Samwise's post again -

Samwise said:
from dictionary.com
God
A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
A very handsome man.
A powerful ruler or despot.

its a figure of speech, not everyone believes in your definition of god, get over it. If that offends you so much then why not lobby this site to ban the use of the abbreviation OMG, believe it or not many people are offended when the religious try to force their beliefs on others.

Enough said.

Doctor

Bench
MC DUI - please read this section again:

I believe if something does offend me then I have a right to explain why it does so. Is this fair enough?

This works in reverse too - "enough said". 8)