What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Roosters, Post match talk.

mrford61

Juniors
Fair enough oswin, in fact utmost respect for your opinons and I certainly dont want to get into an argument about it, particularly with you or Andy.

I have been vocal before about the lack of basic morals in some of Untouchables recent contributions so to get prickly over something that is meant to be basicly the essance of good morals is a tad hipocritical of me.

I still stand by though, that if we are not to use the lords name in vain here then Im not sure where the censorship stops.

Anyway ,nothing to do with this discussion but this will be my last post on on these forums.
Been fun

ADIOS AMIGO,s

MC DUI

Juniors
Oswin said:
MC DUI - please read this section again:

I believe if something does offend me then I have a right to explain why it does so. Is this fair enough?

This works in reverse too - "enough said". 8)

No worries Oswin I see your point, all I was saying was that Holla was originally using the term "God" in a different but acceptable context, I understand however if it does offend you.

mrford61 said:
Anyway ,nothing to do with this discussion but this will be my last post on on these forums.
Been fun

ADIOS AMIGO,s

Sorry to see you go mrford, I thought you made a great contribution to the forum. :(

astrogirl

First Grade
I think it's fair enough that
(a) holla used the word "God" in a manner that he saw fit;
(b) Andy's personal view is that the usage offends him; and
(c) that Oswin agrees with Andy

My opinion is that we need to accept that there are differing opinions on this (and many other matters) and that it's not possible for every post on this forum to be inoffensive to all.

As an example, a few months ago a comment was made on this site that offended me as it was racist. I stated that it offended me. But I can accept that it may not offend others. And the matter was left at that. Andy and Oswin may or may not agree that it's significance is on par with their religious beliefs, but nonetheless i think it's an appropriate example.

Anyway what I am trying to say is... let's move on!

And mrford, if you are leaving just because of this - please reconsider!

Doctor

Bench
astrogirl said:
My opinion is that we need to accept that there are differing opinions on this (and many other matters) and that it's not possible for every post on this forum to be inoffensive to all.

Agreed - we will never avoid stepping on each others toes. But if something does offend someone, then I'd like to think we're all grown up enough to be able to express what the issue is and why it offends.

This doesn't mean we will all abide by others beliefs, but we can at least try to understand each others view points - that's what we try to do on every other topic after all.

Anyway what I am trying to say is... let's move on!

Amen to that Astrogirl! :lol:

And mrford, if you are leaving just because of this - please reconsider!

He said he isn't leaving because of this topic:
nothing to do with this discussion but this will be my last post

But nevertheless it is disappointing Mr Ford is leaving - any reasons for this Mr Ford? You're a recognised member of the forum, and to read that you've decided to hit the road means a loss to the forum. It strikes me as a little sudden to get up and go - most people just lose interest over time and post less and less as the months roll by.

Thanks for your contributions Ford - my sincere best wishes for the future. :D

astrogirl

First Grade
Oswin said:
This doesn't mean we will all abide by others beliefs, but we can at least try to understand each others view points - that's what we try to do on every other topic after all.
I do understand your viewpoint even though I don't concur.

As such, I think it's fair enough to express displeasure at certain comments but to ask that someone stop expressing their view is a different matter in my opinion. Unless of course the comment is defamatory or is at odds with forum guidelines.

astrogirl

First Grade
By the way, I hope I haven't offended you Oswin, Andy or any others.

I could see where Samwise was coming from, and I couldn't help but comment. Will bite my tongue next time (on matters to do with religion anyway).

Doctor

Bench
astrogirl said:
By the way, I hope I haven't offended you Oswin, Andy or any others.

No, all is just honky dory Astrogirl - I don't pretend to hold similar views to others, in the same way I don't expect others to pretend to agree with me by not replying or just giving ambiguous answers.

tigermite

Juniors
A few things. Watching the game on telly, I didn't think Mander had a bad a game as being made out on here. Sure, it wasn't his best, but there has been plenty worse this year already.

The early tackle on Witt.... watching it, I thought it was simultaneous. It was only after I saw it on the replay I realised it wasn't. How you can criticise the ref on this call I don't know... it happens so fast and he has to go on his initial instinct. He made a mistake, but everyone does.

The strip... technically, the ref got this call correct. If you want to have a go at someone, then have a go at whoever makes the rules (and I'll join in, it's a stupid rule, but the ref was correct).

The offside from the kick where they scored wasn't a Mander call. And any other mistakes weren't huge mistakes, just usual mistakes that happen every game.

As for how the knights played, well I feel the roosters played crap and still won, so that doesn't say much about how I felt the knights played. They have some serious work to do.

And the atmosphere at EAS... well that is just one big myth and has been for years. There hasn't been good atmosphere there for ages. The only time the crowd makes a noise is either when they want a penalty or when the knights score some points. Other than that it is mostly quiet.

mat_parsons

Juniors
There are few people whose posts are too long to read.

There are few people who'd be better off on some political forum.

City Rail appologise any incovinience caused.

Lets go again shall we :lol: :lol:
Andrew Johns is G....O.....
Ok..Ok..Ill think it and not write it
I apologise to all concerned and lets get back onto talking about football

Doctor

Bench
mat_parsons said:
There are few people whose posts are too long to read.

There are few people who'd be better off on some political forum.

City Rail appologise any incovinience caused.

:lol:
Well if you want short 1-2 sentence posts then either go into the chatroom or pop into the FFB and increase your post count ten-fold. :-({|=

If you want serious discussion then stay here - long posts are welcome in my opinion provided they're not waffle or repetitive.

Oswin does not apologise for inconvenience caused by reading long posts. :p