What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Roosters, Post match talk.

So, did Ricky Stuart make any complaints after this one? Maybe Hagen could have a whinge to get some leverage from the refs?

All in all, not a bad game. We won't be getting flogged too many times this year at least. I don't think anyone really stood out for us, every good play was usually followed with a dusty one.

Brad Fittler sure has lost a step this year. Sad to see.

thuganomics

Coach
I dont think Fittlers lost a step, i think hes just helping Finch getting more resposibility as the playmaker in the team, i thikn the commentaors mentioned this.

mrford61

Juniors
NC said:
P.S. Phil Gould made an unbiased comment :shock:

He usually is vocal against the stripping rule but he only took the moral high ground for the Knights today because the Rossters were in the lead. Trying to balance out the rest of the day.

Oswin , often I find our impression of the team and individual performances are very similar but today I really think they defended well. Take out a try from a kick and one from an intercept we held them to 3 tries in regards to straight out defense. Finch, a quick halfback made two tired forwards look pedestrian for another try but I honestly thought they defended well all in all, especially considering BK,s early exit.

Mander made a couple of ordinary decisions but Richardsons drop ball and Perry,s deliberate strip were just as defining. Apart from that misdemeanor Josh Perry seems to have quit the rot and settled into good footy.

Im not looking through rose colored glasses but I was pretty pleased with todays performance.

foetus_head

Juniors
I was pretty pleased with our players performances as well, but I am still pissed off big time at the refs :evil:

Why don't you all have a whinge :roll: . That's 5 wins out of the last 5 for the Roosters against the Knights. That should tell you something. And a message for that holler moron, No Wing, No Hegarty, No Cayless, No Fitzgibbon and we played like crap yet we still beat you AGAIN. We are sadly out of form at the moment but I'm sure you will see the real Roosters next week when Wing returns. P.S I'm sure Joey will be happy to see that someone else in the team can throw good intercept passes. I remember the beauty that Joey threw for Freddy in 2000, It was sensational. :lol:

les norton

First Grade
I was happy to read some great comments by a roosters supporter...namely chook..then the dimwit above comes and spoils it yet again...

fosie

Juniors
The ref was far from off. It was that penalty that changed the whole game. Knights accused of raking (Gus didn't think so) and off the goosters went. And the part where Tim pulled O'Davis back cuz he wasn't ready :( damn. Good play though. :clap: :clap:

~bedsy~

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Why don't you all have a whinge :roll: . That's 5 wins out of the last 5 for the Roosters against the Knights. That should tell you something. And a message for that holler moron, No Wing, No Hegarty, No Cayless, No Fitzgibbon and we played like crap yet we still beat you AGAIN. We are sadly out of form at the moment but I'm sure you will see the real Roosters next week when Wing returns. P.S I'm sure Joey will be happy to see that someone else in the team can throw good intercept passes. I remember the beauty that Joey threw for Freddy in 2000, It was sensational. :lol:
You wonder why people hate Roosters supporters :roll:
Yes you guys were off... but it's unlikely to see the Roosters loss 2 in a row and I knew it would be a tough to make them lose 3 in a row. I'm happy with our work today, nothing you say can change that.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
chinorocks said:
Richardson has to go...when is Quinn back??? When he's back Carmont to the centres Quinn on the wing, the Tahu Gidley combination is to good to split up by playing Tahu in the centres.

quinn is back next week, thats what he said after the game so thats good news

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Why don't you all have a whinge .

:lol: :lol: haha sorry but i have to laugh that u are baggin us for whinging, i seem to remember the amount of whinge you and ur fellow supporters do after every game you lose, the most memorable was the 2003 grand final. at least there werent any dodgy ref calls that lost your team the game.

anyways on the game, matt gidley played good as did bedsey like usual.
congradulations to our boy for getting in the aussie team

btw kidley does need to do soem extra work on his kicking.... that kick that went backwards! :shock: shocker!

thuganomics

Coach
So the team against the Raiders:

O'Davis
Tahu *
Gidley *
Carmont
Quinn
Witt
Kidley
Perry
Buderus *
Wollnough
Price
Abraham
Kennedy *

Parsons
Newton
Hall
Lowrie

M.Kennedy

* = Has test duties or injury concern

m0j0

Bench
What a game. I wasn't confident until there was 60 seconds to go and we had the ball. I didn't see a crowd figure get posted, I guess the word "FULL" would have been sufficient.
I was sitting in the season ticket holders section in the new stand and I saw two other Roosters supporters nearby. Other than that, it was a see of Knights fans. I was a little disappointed by the noise (or lack thereof). Very little atmosphere - it was very quiet at some points.
That Crocker dropped ball that was ruled a raking near the end happened right in front of us. Very poor decision. Even I was abusing the ref. As for the Morley charge down incident. The way I saw it, his arms were merely covering his face and he didn't play at the ball. I haven't seen the replay yet, that's just how I remembered it.
Well played Knights. What was the name of that halfback you used to have? Andrew Jones or something? :)

Samwise

Bench
i'm dissapointed. we had the opportunities and we just didnt take them. i thought our kicking game (particularly in the first half) was terrible, but thats something kurt will improve on. the ref deadset shafted us at the end which i'm pretty bitter about but i dont think that lost us the game. we showed some awesome defense but it just wasnt consistant enough. there were 2 roosters trys that were way too soft, should never have gotten there. as for BK is there something in the water down newie way? we are deadset getting hammered through injuries. heres hoping we get them out of the way now so we are fit as can be at the business end of the season.

having said that i gotta give wraps to kidley (bar his kicking he was very solid), his big bro was outstanding as was tahu and buderus. in the way of the chooks minichello and finch had good games, and it was good to see morley go a whole game without decapitating anyone. also wanna give wraps to phil gould, that is the most balanced commentary i've heard out of that knucklehead for a long long time. generally very fair, he cut way down on his bias self indulgent crap that we have come to expect.

Latest posts