What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks Post Match Thread

thuganomics

Coach
Halftime - 10-0 to the Knights.

Carney, Quinn, Johns and Carmont have been great out of the backs. Smith, Newton and surprisingly Tanner have been solid in the forwards.

Misanthrope

Staff member
16-12 after 51 minutes, Andrew Johns puts Craig Smith in to claw back the lead after two early Cronulla tries had them up 12-10.

Stranger

Coach
Ripped off comes to mind....

Knights played better for 60mins and got done... f**k f**k f**k f**k...
Always been a quinn lover, and tis a shame he is going melbourne:(

thuganomics

Coach
What a heart breaker.

Some of the decisions tonight was pure pathetic. The Lowrie no try was fair enough, but I'm very dissapointed in Todd. The Quinn no try I thought was a dead set try and whilst I think the Perry try was a no try, I still think that Kimmorley knocked it on first. The Carney no try in the first half was a shocking ruling...

I'm happy with the way the boys played, but we still didn't get the 2 points which is dissapointing.

Mullen must be in the 6 next week if Kidley is injured. None of this Lowrie crap.

Jono078

Referee
I thought Perry should of got the try. Quinn I wasnt convinced on, but shouldnt we have got it back because Simmons knocked on?

And then there is the Carney disallowed try.. We should of been on around 30 points tonight.

And to think we could be out of the 8 by the end of this round.. ARGH!

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
Kidley gone for a while? At least we can salvage something from the result

Mate, he was great tonight. The combination between Joey, Kidley and Buderus was on song for most of that first half. Kidley through a beaut of a pass in the first half for Quinn to score and was great in defence.

Although in saying that, we won't lose lots with Mullen coming into the team.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah we were going to lose untill Kidley got injured, bad luck tonight Knights but you guys can be sure your back in it with that game, very unlucky not to win.. all the 50% went against you guys.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bring on Manly, I say. Although we'll be without (probably) Buderus and Simpson, they're not exactly world-beaters in the absence of their big names.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
I am angry with the result of this match. Bluntly....you folks have been ripped off. Firstly the touch judge calling a forward pass and secondly the video ref in the second half...What was he on:roll: 3 no try to Newcastle? I agree with the fox commentary on this. The first call was no try but should of been a scrum feed to the knights. The second one was a try and third one was a correct call.
I think it's bad for the game to have the video ref f*ck up something so obviouss.
They usually leave this type performance for the Eels

thuganomics

Coach
4 losses on the trot. This is getting bad. A win is VITAL next week against Manly. We have to stay with the teams in the top 4.

Voice of Reason

Juniors
Yes we did have some poor decisions go against us and yes we were the bettrer team for a large postion of the game BUT at the end of the day the Knights simply have too many Premiers League quality players being paid way too much in the NRL team. Lowrie cant even fall over properly over the try line, Carmont drops the ball 18 mtre out from our own line, turnover, Cronulla score their 2nd last try and so on. I like all fans are disappointed with the result and annoyed with the decisions but this games showed us up fo what we really are. Sorry to say but thats the way it is!

chinorocks

Juniors
I haven't been this p*ssed off after a game in a long, long time. That was an absolute rort. 3 disallowed trys at least 2 of which we're trys. Wrong decisions also after the trys we're disallowed where we at least should have got the ball back from Kimmorley and Simmons knock on's.

I thought most of our players we're very good. Especially Quinn and Perry who both made massive amounts of metres.

All in all very unhappy, we'll probably be out of the eight, and our chances of the top 4 are just about gone.

thuganomics

Coach
I know he is still young... but Nathan Hinton hasn't really showed me in the two games that he has played in that he will be a great fullback. I'm sort of comparing him to David Seage who in his first 2-3 games was outstanding and really made a name for himself.

I don't wanna judge the kid to early, just stating the way I see it though.

Also, after we had those 3 trys denied... you just knew we would lose the game didn't you? You could just feel it...

WooKiie

Juniors
Stranger said:
Their big names? Menzies :| ?

Who else is in their SOO squad?

kite, orford (maybe - don't think finchy will keep his place though i'd to see the side unchanged) and with bell gone with a cheekbone injury

but yea, we got robbed tonight...bullsh*t...

Stranger

Coach
Ohhh thats right, cheers Wookiee.

Also, after we had those 3 trys denied... you just knew we would lose the game didn't you? You could just feel it...
Absolutely...

Nathon hinton does seem to just be a premmy player doesnt he... but give him time i suppose.. time that we dont have to test players with.