What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Sharks. Post Match Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
If the Knights players don't pull their thumbs out and at least try, I'll seriously consider everyone else's claims that they have no pride in their jumper.

Gooba

Juniors
first half was shocking for us... not even the foxsports sound was working absouluty garbage... georgie boy needs to work on his ball handling few other things that im sure you will all pick up.. we need to win most of our last games to make the 8.. i hate being in that situation heading to september

keeney

First Grade
lowrie ahd a shocker in defence, kidley was fantastic, im angry, but not too abd, our first half was terrible, but it was a good game, well done

ironcross

Juniors
It was pretty poor letting them in like that. This was a game Newcastle had to win. Very disappointing.

Gooba

Juniors
hopefully we can have a good weekoff and regroup with a few more players coming back... kennedy, bedsy, simpson, o'davis, tahu and abraham. lets hope results go our way next week and we could still be in contention for the 8 [-o<

GO THE BLUES!!

Whats Doing

Bench
What killed us was the sharks speed of the play the ball in the 1st half and Michael Sullivan - He had a blinder

lolesi

First Grade
Bad luck guys, had me scared for like 25 minutes there haha, good game, how that was not the channel 9 game i do not know!

Missa

Juniors
what a comeback in the 2nd half...i thought it was going to be a whitewash....but to their credit we fought back...kidley had a top game......bad luck to us...but just think of all the players we will have back and we will need them coz we face the broncos

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Gooba said:
first half was shocking for us... not even the foxsports sound was working absouluty garbage...
I wasn't too disappointed with the sound stuffing up ... Laurie Daley and Warren Smith wreck any game they commentate on. I usually mute them anyway, so this was heaps better. :)

We really should have won that game. It seems like half the guys didn't want to be there, when you consider some of the half-hearted attempts they made in defence. Aaargh. I thought Kidley played well throughout the game, except in the last few minutes when he could have set something up to win the game for us. He had some good ideas, and attempted them, but couldn't pull them off because his kicking game is very poor. But having said that, he did do a lot of little things right earlier in the game (well, except that pass which was forward by about a mile).

All I can say is that it's lucky we played a depleted Sharks outfit. If they had their regulars there, we would have been absolutely flogged.

Congrats to the Sharks fans on a good performance by your team. Sullivan is definitely one to watch. Well done.

fosie

Juniors
Kidley was a lifesaver through most of the game. 1st half was abit scruffy and i gotta say, ref was abit off in the 1st half too. Good comeback in the 2nd half :clap:

chinorocks

Juniors
Sullivan killed us. He was awesome. How he's not in there starting side I will never know. We played some great footy in patches but we mixed it with some pure crap which cost us the game. Fist 20 mins of the second half was fantastic...thought Riley Brown played well, and Young looked good with the ball in hand, but positionally he was awful. If Todd Lowrie learns how to defend he will be a great player. Our best was Parso but he worked his ass off.

Dissapointing to lose, but it could have been a lot worse. And lets remember we had 6 internatinals out.

MC DUI

Juniors
Pathetic in the 1st Half, exciting in the second. About all there is to say about that match really.

Everybody put in a good effort at some stage of the match, but they just weren't consistant enough. Hopefully with some of our big guns back in two weeks we can find some solid form.

Good on the Sharks.

antonius

Coach
Our marker play was non existant in the first half, I lost count of the play the balls where we had one or zero markers, Lyons ten was an absolute joke, Next time we are looking for a replacement fullback get Selkeld in there he had a blinder in Premier league at fullback ( Young was OK, but never looked dangerous returning the ball). I thought Lowrie was one of our best, and his defence was no worse than a couple of established forwards in the first half. The boys recovered well in the second half, a couple of dogey calls that went against us when we were on a roll prob cost us in the end, but really after that performance in the first half we didn't deserve to win.Spiteri and Tighe stood out in Premier league also. Saw you there again Ian, scoffing into a meat pie LOL.

Johns Magic

Referee
Whats Doing said:
What killed us was the sharks speed of the play the ball in the 1st half and Michael Sullivan - He had a blinder

Right in the first 20 minutes he set up the game for them with two try assists. They won the game from that. He only came on that early because Dumas got injured when trying to tackle Lowrie. So I am going to blame Todd for this loss :lol: .

But seriously, Lowrie was very poor in defence, letting in a couple of tries. Perry ran quite well today, outplaying Woolnough. Matt Kennedy was excellent-he looked like he was hungry to win the game. At the beginning Fitzgerald was tackling everything in sight. I thought Young was solid, although he was caught out of position in defence on one occasion. He made a couple of great try-saving tackles, one in particular on Rieck, who was going to score for all money. He runs quite hard in attack, but cant make a dent in the defensive line unfortunately.

Kurt was our best. It's so frustrating to watch that almost all of the players rely on him for guidance and inspiration. When Kurt is playing well, the Knights are playing well- but when he's having a quiet game, we lose. He nearly won us the game with that last 20 minute surge. If only a couple of more experienced players tried to shoulder the responsibility.

Gooba

Juniors
in this game we needed bedsy to quide us around to take a bit of pressure off kidley. Matty gidly went alright too he dosent have that much of a bad kicking game if he worked on it a little

fosie

Juniors
Where's Bill Harrigan when you need him?? Harrigan loves the 10m rule and often takes it abit more than 10m so that the players can actually get somewhere.
He should come back instead of write refereeing points in the paper. :lol:

astrogirl

First Grade
Kurt played well. He was everywhere in defense and in kick chases.

Young had a much better game than his debut against the Dragons (in trying conditions) - I agree he didn't look particularly dangerous running back on the kick return, but he did have some pretty good takes. A couple of try saving tackles too. I think he should be reasonably happy with his game.

Great to see Brown score a try. Great work by Carmont giving him instructions positionally to find space for Brown.

Some top work from Lowrie in attack. He showed some pretty good pace and at times it was what was needed to lift the other team members.

But overall the sense of urgency from the team as a whole simply wasn't enough to match the Sharks. Probably not a bad platform for our next game though, and with the bye allowing 2 weeks to get some injured and rep players back I don't think we can be too unhappy. Would have been much happier to be in the 8 though.

And no disrepect to Fitzgerald and Ennis, but we do lose a bit in the absence of Bedsy's vision and crisp passing from dummy half.