What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks

Frederick

Staff member
Gagai crying. f**k off. I'm sure he won't be crying when $50k lands in his bank account this month.

f**king useless merkin

perverse

Referee
At least he gives a shit, Fred. Prefer to see a bloke react like that than to have a laugh with the opposition.

We criticize them for not giving a f**k, then backhand them when they do.

Knightmare

Coach
At least he gives a shit, Fred. Prefer to see a bloke react like that than to have a laugh with the opposition.

+1.

The only thing worse than getting towelled is getting towelled and the players acting like it's no big deal.

perverse

Referee
To be honest, I'd love to see Gagai leave for his own sake more than ours. Our club could sink any career.

FlameThrower

Bench
Guys just saw last 10 minutes on Fox, I really feel sorry for you guys....I'm not sure what Browny can do with the squad you have. As a Dragons fan....all I can say is hang in there guys...

Frederick

Staff member

Does he? How do you know that? Hes probably crying because he had the chance to go back to the Broncos but passed it up, and now he realises how stupid he was to do so.

If he really gave a shit then he wouldn't be such a selfish player. Every single backline movement as soon as the ball came to him he either stepped back inside or took the line on himself.

Randell showed a bit of leadership and energy. Only what you'd expect but in that game he was just about the only one.
Gagai had a go by trying to get involved. Pushed off too easily. Uate had a dig.
Both Gagai and Uate coming in left the edges and cover wide open.

perverse

Referee
Does he? How do you know that? Hes probably crying because he had the chance to go back to the Broncos but passed it up, and now he realises how stupid he was to do so.

If he really gave a shit then he wouldn't be such a selfish player. Every single backline movement as soon as the ball came to him he either stepped back inside or took the line on himself.
You have a go at me for assuming what he's thinking, and have so far provided two far less likely, and actually kinda ridiculous alternatives?

If having a go at a bloke for crying is the way you want to portray yourself, then whatever dude. Absolute merkin response to something you might not know anything about. Not gonna bother any further.

To be honest, I'd love to see Gagai leave for his own sake more than ours. Our club could sink any career.
ditto.
Same goes with a few players. They can have a future with a team that has its act together bit aren't capable of getting the team together.

Yeah, we wanted young local guys coming through but not all at once. They needed to slot into to an established team. We'll destroy them or leave them open to get taken.

The thing is,there is nothing else we can do with what we have available.

Ive been waiting for things to hit rock bottom for about 2 and 1/2 years. Maybe today was the day. Its good that young guys are getting experience but hopefully their heads don't drop to much.

The ARL and News spent 10s of millions fighting over Newcastle in the 90s and now they people in high places don't seem that interested in Newcastle. Hopefully this spurs the NRL appointed board members into action somehow?

Maybe the NRL need to remember how many pay TV boxes there are in Newcastle which helps them negotiate their TV deals.

perverse

Referee
Is this experience you want young guys to get? I don't know that this is doing a damn thing for any of their development.

Swarzey

Bench
Remember 12 months ago everyone said we should be bringing in the young players now? How we should be moving our experienced players on?

This is what people wanted.

Frederick

Staff member
You have a go at me for assuming what he's thinking, and have so far provided two far less likely, and actually kinda ridiculous alternatives?

If having a go at a bloke for crying is the way you want to portray yourself, then whatever dude. Absolute merkin response to something you might not know anything about. Not gonna bother any further.

If he;s crying because there's stuff happening in his personal life that's affecting his game, then maybe he should take some time off to get it sorted.

If he's crying because he feels he's let the team down, then maybe he should do something about it. He's one of our highest paid players, yet over and over again gets the basics of the game wrong. Terrible positioning for a fullback in defence, and zero playmaking ability.

I do just find it funny that a player like Gagai has played shit just about all year, and everyone (EVERYONE) on this forum has ridden his arse about it. But the second he sheds a tear he gets a free ride because he's shown he has all the feels.

Call me a merkin, call me a f**kwit, call me all the names under the sun - I really don't care. He needs to play 10 times better to earn his paycheque

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
TBH I didn't feel the regular anger that I would normally feel when we get flogged, because to be honest we just aren't an NRL standard team at the moment and we won't be an NRL standard team until:

a) these guys have played another couple of seasons of first grade

Or

b) we sign some better players

It doesn't look like option b is going to happen any time soon so it'll have to be option a which means we'd better get used to another couple of years of this.

I know it's easy to point out all the areas we were lacking in today but to be fair I don't think effort was one of them. While that's not really any consolation our side is just so young and inexperienced and some of these guys aren't even physically ready for first grade yet.

Latest posts