What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights worst buy ever

macavity

Referee
Would have to be a struck match between Kirk Reynoldson and Trent Hodkinson. Can anyone think of anyone else?

I vote Hodkinson as he cost us way more, and at least Reynoldson did have some good games towards the end of his career with us.

Hodkinson has improved in effort but he is no play maker and far from a leader.
Should have taken advantage of that breeze and kicked instead of trying to run the ball out.
A bad buy in that he is far from what we need.

Swarzey

Bench
nah Reynoldson. At least Hodkinson was the NSW halfback when we signed him and gave him the shit contract he's currently on.

perverse

Referee
What was Reynoldson on as a percentage of the salary cap? As bad as Hodko is value wise, I'm not sure he tops Reyno.

Trent91

Juniors
Given that Kirk cost us BK who went on to kill it at Manly and became a club favourite there are after only two years, I'd say Kirk is our worst signing.

macavity

Referee
Given that Kirk cost us BK who went on to kill it at Manly and became a club favourite there are after only two years, I'd say Kirk is our worst signing.

You have the order wrong - we decided against re-signing BK, then spent the money on Reyno. Not the other way around.

Noname36

First Grade
I admit I was happy when we signed Hodko. However in my defence I was happy about it under the assumption that Mullen would be there too. I wouldn't have wanted him as our primary playmaker because he's clearly not able to do that. I thought he'd organise the troops and the rest would be done by Mullen and Gagai while Hodkinson took some pressure off.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Not me exactly, i thought it was likely a panic buy to placate fans and it was.

LoL at me putting him in the same "third tier" class as Michael Morgan and Ben Hunt. Morgan has gone to another level.

Seriously, take the 32 "first choice" halves in the NRL, and line them up in order. Where does Hodko rank?

I was ok with Hodko based on him being able to take some load and allow Mullen to play his game.
I was wrong.
We need another play maker regardless of whether Mullen is there or not.
Ironically,Gagai showed some play-making ability today.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wasn't on board the Hodkinson train then and I'm even less so now. I said at the time that Hodkinson wasn't going to do anything behind our pack but he's worse than I thought

Latest posts