What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Whats Doing

Bench
Great work Nuffy and Macca.

Whilst there appears to be positive signs from the Board about the directions they are wanting to take the club, I agree with Aqua that there needs to be real and visible signs of improvement over the next 6 months.

I would hope that there is some sort of supporter input into the Board as it will provide a mechanism for input from a real time, different and impartial perspective for the Boards consideration.

aqua_duck

Coach
Hopefully when they do their reviews, they will turn to us for abit of feedback from the fans perspective. Most legitimate businesses value customer feedback and I hope the club is the same. We'd atleast through Jason and Shane have shown we can articulate ourselves in an intelligent and concise manner which is more than I can say for a lot of the supporter base

JENKO7

Juniors
Been following and love your work, whilst the club won't come out and say it is their any indication stone will be moved on if we don't improve?

ryana87

Juniors
Just listening to Corey Parker on triple m and he was asked what is different this year.... Why are broncos going so well........... He said the number 1 thing was accountability........ You put on the broncos jersey as a privilege, you are given a job and you are expected to do the job

Nuffy

Bench
Been following and love your work, whilst the club won't come out and say it is their any indication stone will be moved on if we don't improve?

Nothing to suggest that it will happen. But I guess you could say that they weren't going to sign anyone and then Hodkinson comes along so who knows.

My concern is the economic impact of not doing something. The club doesn't want to pay him out I would assume and then add another coaches salary on top.

But what happens if we continue to lose into 2016? What's the economic impact in lost members and reduced corporates?

Somebody needs to do the math.........

Nuffy

Bench
Just listening to Corey Parker on triple m and he was asked what is different this year.... Why are broncos going so well........... He said the number 1 thing was accountability........ You put on the broncos jersey as a privilege, you are given a job and you are expected to do the job

Very interesting and easily understood. I'll tweet this.

Spot On

Coach
Newyboy,

Signing Hodko is not rebuilding but sticking with Tyrone is???

It's possibly a start at least.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Not enough. He says Stone's loyalty to Newcastle deserves to be rewarded.

Er, what loyalty? Stone was interviewing for other head coaching jobs when Bennett was in charge. I guess loyalty is having clubs like the Cowboys (wisely) reject you.

Nuffy

Bench
I get what he is trying to do, but right now the supporters need more than slogans, we are well beyond that now.

I'd also make the point that invoking loyalty seems unusual when you are trying to shop your halfback..........

Nuffy

Bench
Team, its time to decide whats the next step for the campaign.

We've got the strategic plan coming out shortly.

Things are going from bad to worse on the field, with the club seemingly immovable on a change of coach irrespective of results.

The players are letting the coach down badly but unfortunately for Stone, he has to take responsibility and if the club is committed to accountability then at some point very soon, people need to be held to account.

My great concern is that the commercial impact of not stepping in and acting will be profound.

Frederick

Staff member
Could always wait and see what the crowd is like this Saturday. I reckon there's a damn good chance of a sub 10k crowd.

Whats Doing

Bench
Team, its time to decide whats the next step for the campaign.

We've got the strategic plan coming out shortly.

Things are going from bad to worse on the field, with the club seemingly immovable on a change of coach irrespective of results.

The players are letting the coach down badly but unfortunately for Stone, he has to take responsibility and if the club is committed to accountability then at some point very soon, people need to be held to account.

My great concern is that the commercial impact of not stepping in and acting will be profound.

If the strategic plan is coming out shortly I would suggest we wait for that. We would then see where they are behind in terms of achievement, (the 1st grade performance is an obvious area together with dwindling crowds) and hold them account as to what corrective action and timeframes they propose to undertake to address the deficiencies against the strategic plans KPI's.

Spot On

Coach
Maybe the strategic plan for the fist grade side this week could be to run harder and tackle harder than their opposition??

Play like they want to win a game after 3 months of shit.

Something.

Great work from Kenty. Best part in NRL 360 was him saying they aren't playing Newcastle football. I believe Mullen, Uate, McManus, Snowden and Houston are the players he was referring to. He is dead right. We need to find kids with hunger. In time the benefits will follow.

Latest posts