What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

We have lit afire they want to put out fast cos now they know they are in the firing line and their five year plan or whatever it is has been exposed as a smokescreen to account for decades of mediocrity to follow.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
So in the press conference Gidley talks about how embarrassed they all were and they couldn't even look the fans in the eye after the game. Why then do I have pictures of players all smiles with the fans after the game popping up on my Facebook feed? The players don't deserve to smile after a game like that. No pride shown in the jersey whatsoever.

So in one day we have:
A 46 point hammering in the most inept performance of the year;
Players showing no pride or remorse by smiling and posing for photos; and
Another masterful recruitment decision from Michael Hagan in bringing Todd Lowrie back to the club.

I can't wait to see this "grand plan" Gidley and McGuigan have for the club.

Nuffy, might be time to go on the offensive again

Agreed, time to cycle up.

Nuffy

Bench
Okay, so I am in NZ until Wednesday so unless I can change my flight I won't be able to make the member event.

So we need 3-4 people to attend on our behalf.

Who is available?

Burns

First Grade
I'll be there. Not sure how many people will be in attendance generally due to the short notice/time.

Nuffy

Bench
Good on you Burns, interesting whether it goes ahead now in light of the Stone decision.

I must say I am very disappointed in the clubs timing and logistics of this important event.

5 days notice and starting at 5pm says to a cynical person they don't want many people there and certainly not the likes of Knightsrebuild.

Burns

First Grade
Had the same immediate reaction, "So is Wednesday still a thing?".

It's a necessary first step for the club to make. There a still multiple questions to ask the board however. Herald was stating today that the club is close to losing $ 1 million year for next 3 years. What plans will we have to try and reach a profit?

Will be interesting.

Swarzey

Bench
I wish I could be there but I can't take the time off to fly up. It's very disappointing indeed but hopefully it's not the last event of its kind.

slotmachine

First Grade
Herald was stating today that the club is close to losing $ 1 million year for next 3 years. What plans will we have to try and reach a profit?

Will be interesting.

I'm sure their crowd/membership/corporate projections are optimistic too.

Burns

First Grade
I'll try and provide a running commentary of sorts, apologies in advance for 10000 comments.

macavity

Referee
I am moving house this week, worst possible timing. Try my best to make it and deal with the fallout from the wife later.

Nuffy

Bench
Guys, thanks for going, please make a point of announcing yourselves so the club is aware that our group is being represented.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Do you have to be a member to attend tomorrow?

Side topic: Paul Kent says Matt Gidley is the issue, and while he makes valid points about Gidley not being experienced and having the job handed to him cause he was a local, but right now I'd say he's the best thing about the club and looks to be the one aiming for greatness and trying to get us there as soon as he can.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Do you have to be a member to attend tomorrow?

Side topic: Paul Kent says Matt Gidley is the issue, and while he makes valid points about Gidley not being experienced and having the job handed to him cause he was a local, but right now I'd say he's the best thing about the club and looks to be the one aiming for greatness and trying to get us there as soon as he can.

Im more inclined to believe that this new desire for change is probably being driven by the board...

Pedge1971

First Grade
Matt Gidley was alwat Tinklers puppet. Good bloke, honest, sincere, and totally out of his depth as an nrl ceo.....

Burns

First Grade
Anyone else here at Members forum?

We're in the warm up room that the players use. It's nice set up.
About 50 here so far.

If mods don't mind I'll try and post what is said and what questions are put to board.

Fun fact, you can walk straight in to, was no checking of members card or anything.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Presentation is titled "Strategic Plan for the Club 2015-2017".
Gidley and Uate are here.

Crowd still growing. Everyone here is double my age. Knights Nannas in force.