What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

T-Boon

Coach
Does anyone think Sean Russell is good?
I did not see much of the game but the commentator was saying good things when I tuned in.
I don't know what to make of him yet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

tenor.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Rankin is not good enough even for Will Smith's bench spot then it gives an indication of how poor the standard is at reserve grade. He is better than Wally Lewis at this level.
Smith is much more physical, which means he is more versatile. Can you imagine Rankin defending in the middle?

Incorrect

Coach
Does anyone think Sean Russell is good?
I did not see much of the game but the commentator was saying good things when I tuned in.
I don't know what to make of him yet.
I think he's going to need to bulk up a bit to take the next step. Doesn't appear to have the blistering speed a Papenhuyzen does for instance so, yeah, he's going to need to add a bit of size and strengthen his game in other areas.

parra pete

Referee
Rankin controls the game at Reserve Grade level..I'm liking the big prop from the Cowboys (Greig)..Why would the Cowdies let him go and keep some of the other imposters in their pack?. He'll be great value in 2022, if not later this year...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
gee the commentators talking up Hipgrave big time

while we looked pretty good there I really hope the Dragons first grade defend like this mob, f**k me their defensive line was a shambles

think they were more talking up his attitude after being dropped back to NSW cup, he had a crack rather then a sook...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Russell, Arthur, Will can all still play SG ball (under 19’s), so they are all progressing nicely.

And they have had basically a year without footy ...........

And while they may struggle at times, imagine what their improvement will be like in 12 months at 20 after another NRL offseason (but I do think Will is a good chance to debut this year) and this year playing against older competition......

then add another year of footy and NRL off season when they turn 21.........some nice cheapies to add to our top 30....

JokerEel

Coach
Ok I was wrong with my comments on the NSW cup team..

They have a few players that look like they could make it to the NRL...