What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

hindy111

Post Whore
most teams have players that are not NRL quality

Well in a way this is true. What killed us what a 500k guy who should be one of our best just lost it. Along with Ray Stones injury.
If N.Brown was firing and playing like what he was paid the bench of him Matterson is two close to origin level guys with Stone and Kafusi. Far different looking.

Anyhows our issues are 1-5 I think. We need to sort that out.
Need another winger and centre. Waqa can be considered at centre but needs to start doing more work and running hard. That silly jog and bunny hop is not effective unless you are in space and one on one. Unsire why he is doing it when rucking it up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many games did player 16 and 17 barely get more than 5 mins?? Quite a few, it may have been nice for Junior and Reg to have a few less mins on the field in the back end of the season. Because by the GF they looked spent.
Yeo and JFH played longer minutes, and two of their benchies also played f**k all minutes.

If our players looked rooted on grand final day, Gus predicted it before the Cowboys game. The impact of the Townsville weather would hit us the following week.

emjaycee

Coach
And when it mattered we were cannon fodder, actually we didn’t even fire a shot. You can only flog your playing group for so long.

But yeah we made a GF I suppose!! It’s an appearance that will probably set the club back half a decade but yeah woo hoo!!
So unless you are guaranteed to win the GF may as well not even try to get there because it will set you back 5 years... I love how you think mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
And the Dolphins will have almost a whole squad full next season!

I feel for them, bc back in the day our best off season recruits were Carl Webb Chris Walker, Chris Hicks and Paul Whatuira. When you stink, it's hard to wash the stench off.

Are you guys talking about the same Dolphins team that already has two current and five previous (with two likely to play again) Origin players, and three current and one former Kiwi representatives, with 6 spots still to fill?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So unless you are guaranteed to win the GF may as well not even try to get there because it will set you back 5 years... I love how you think mate.
This GF run will give a stale coach 2 more years and the authority to play the whole of the Rouse Hill Rhinos if he pleases. The club is at a stage where it probably needs some major transition with the playing staff and the coaching staff and we all know how Bea loves change.

emjaycee

Coach
Agree it will allow him to most probably complete his current contract, but the Rhino's inference is just not accurate.
And there is already a fair amount of change in the coaching setup or have you not seen the press releases?

Barrett/Cayless/Antonelli and new pathways appointments as well.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Are you guys talking about the same Dolphins team that already has two current and five previous (with two likely to play again) Origin players, and three current and one former Kiwi representatives, with 6 spots still to fill?
Yep, talking about this one - looks like a spoon contender, which sadly isn't unexpected for a first season expansion club.

1666863508892.png

the phantom menace

First Grade
I do rate Nicholls, and one of the Bronwiches and Kaufusi are hard nuts. But I think it's a very weak bench/depth, unless those guys can all do 80mins...

Gronk

Staff member
Sounds like the predicament we'll be in with our current bench.
The real difference between our team and theirs is that our depleted bench is a direct result of our suring up our marquee player contracts. So 1, 3, 6,7,8,10 and 13 all marquee keepers. What's their excuse?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The real difference between our team and theirs is that our depleted bench is a direct result of our suring up our marquee player contracts. So 1, 3, 6,7,8,10 and 13 all marquee keepers. What's their excuse?
Shoring up our marquee player contracts?? We lost Mahoney and have still yet to sign Moses or Brown.

Moses was waiting till after the WC but apparently he’s happy to have a chat to Tommy Shines in England. We have not gone close to securing our future.

Unless you mean Jake 🤓

Gronk

Staff member
Shoring up our marquee player contracts?? We lost Mahoney and have still yet to sign Moses or Brown.
So you don't think that our decisions are based on having a real crack at keeping them ? Or from your POV we are driverless and operate purely on happenstance ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you don't think that our decisions are based on having a real crack at keeping them ? Or from your POV we are driverless and operate purely on happenstance ?
Well you would hope so, but who knows. At least we got in quick smart to keep Jakey imagine if we had of lost a player of his talents???

I mean we haven’t even gotten a bloke like will Penisiiiiiii under lock and key. Talk about moving slowly.

Latest posts