What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Very poor performance against a very weakened Bulldogs NSW Cup side, given our first grade and NSW Cup is at full strength bar an outside back demoted when Simonssen returns.

Watching live I saw absolutely no-one I'd promote to first grade this season, other than if needed maybe a couple of guys who've filled in for injuries there before - i.e. Arthur and Murchie? (Not Blake, nor Lumelume, not Rein, not Momoisea - not even Asi.)

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate everyone knows my regard for Captain Rankin but today was up there with the worst player performances Ive seen. So many errors, missed tackles etc. He was putrid today.

It's all part of the big plan. Teaching his skills as a guy who was never good enough to the next stars of our game

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's all part of the big plan. Teaching his skills as a guy who was never good enough to the next stars of our game
2 years ago he was awesome. His decline coincided with his promotion to CC. This year he just keeps making error after error.

Gronk

Staff member
Well done to the NRL / NSWRL for arranging the cup team to play in Auckland at 10am on Sunday morning whilst the NRL squad are in Darwin playing on Friday night.

Jersey Flegg have a bye this week, I wonder if a few of the lads will get a run in NZ ? That will allow an extended NRL squad to travel to the NT.

You'd think we'd take a full 22 for the trip to NT? I think we're obliged to take 19 along anyway...

Assuming Simonssen's back into the starting side for Dunster, and Hodgson at least into the 17 alongside Hands - it's still probably worth taking Dunster and Doorey (assuming he drops out of the 17 for Hodgson) up there having played yesterday, plus Jake as 18th man, and probably Murchie and Blake along to round out the 22 man squad?

Everyone else currently in Cup available to play in NZ, with a few spots up for grabs for juniors?

emjaycee

Coach
In 2021 some of the players that travelled to Darwin got the red eye back after the game in order to play Cup in Sydney. They can be in Auckland on Saturday afternoon and play Sunday if needed.

1681730898443.png

Gronk

Staff member
Brave Roosters with Napa, Brown, Crichton and our EEZ got flogged by Newtown.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Brave Roosters with Napa, Brown, Crichton and our EEZ got flogged by Newtown.

Yeah. Couldnt believe that. Nrowns stats look just ok but watching him is the only way to judge.
Interesting Gus last night when asked about Brave Chooks issues he kept saying, "they play angry". "Have to stop playing angry". A good point I reckon.

In 2021 some of the players that travelled to Darwin got the red eye back after the game in order to play Cup in Sydney. They can be in Auckland on Saturday afternoon and play Sunday if needed.

View attachment 72790
Looks like that's the plan again, with this article indicating three (as yet unamed) players flying back from Darwin on Thursday, and then Jake Arthur to fly back straight after his 18th man duties to play in Auckland.