What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Soto

Bench
Interesting changes in our cup side today.
Lumelume goes to fullback
Asi to 6 and captain.
Moretti reserve as in #18...are they not playing him as he may get a call up to 1sts next week?
Komolafe and Loizou in the side too now.
No Rankin.
Moimoisea comes onto the reserves bench.
Game is on in NZ so we can't watch it.
Would've been good to see this one

Gronk

Staff member
Asi to 6 and captain.
Moretti reserve as in #18...are they not playing him as he may get a call up to 1sts next week?
No Rankin.
Well said. Yes to all of the above. Warriors are very good. We’ll be lucky to get even close I reckon.

DFE32DDC-3FAB-4F65-AD72-CD7ADEF40C68.png

hindy111

Post Whore
Asi to 6 and captain.
No Rankin.

I called for Morretti as everyone knows I saw the potential.

His time has come.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's the only forward who continually impresses with his attack, defence and workrate...
Others have been given a go ahead of him and have not grasped their chance

I saw after one game he was the best of the bunch. And I publicly called it. Just like last year. Remember when I saw Lane in the trial and said extend his contract now. He is set for a big year.
Ahhh we waited to long.

@Poupou Escobar if Morretti is named you will start to realise my predictions are worth writing down

Gronk

Staff member
I saw after one game he was the best of the bunch. And I publicly called it. Just like last year. Remember when I saw Lane in the trial and said extend his contract now. He is set for a big year.
Ahhh we waited to long.

@Poupou Escobar if Morretti is named you will start to realise my predictions are worth writing down
Well someone at the Eels saw it before you, because they signed the schoolboy dual international a few years ago.
He's the only forward who continually impresses with his attack, defence and workrate...
100%. We are lucky that he’s found his mojo, because otherwise the middles cupboard is pretty bare down in reggies. Ogden ? <sigh>.

Soto

Bench
Ahhh we waited to long.

We will have to call you hindydramus

hindy111

Post Whore
Well someone at the Eels saw it before you, because they signed the schoolboy dual international a few years ago.

100%. We are lucky that he’s found his mojo, because otherwise the middles cupboard is pretty bare down in reggies. Ogden ? <sigh>.

Obviously as I work and am not part of the signings and junior development. I can only give my opinion on players playing. That's common sense weasel dick.
But if the club was so confident then he starts top 30 and we don't waste spots on Moimesea or Murchie. Utter garbage.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Obviously as I work and am not part of the signings and junior development. I can only give my opinion on players playing. That's common sense weasel dick.
But if the club was so confident then he starts top 30 and we don't waste spots on Moimesea or Murchie. Utter garbage.
Throw in Ogden as well. He got a 3 year contract basically off the back of a 2 month pre-season trial. As his 2 year top 30 deal didn't start till this year.

Abesoutle stupidity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ahhh we waited to long.

Everyone has seen Moretti's stats this year ffs. Much better than previous years: https://www.parraeels.com.au/teams/nsw-cup/parramatta-eels-nsw-cup/luca-moretti/

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry I’m a bit confused. To have highlighted the only form middle in NSW cup this year and somehow you want to claim some sort of Ron Massey guru status ?

Hate to break it to you, but everyone who watched a NSW Cup game this year coukd see the same thing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Throw in Ogden as well. He got a 3 year contract basically off the back of a 2 month pre-season trial. As his 2 year top 30 deal didn't start till this year.

Abesoutle stupidity
You don't think Ogden is good enough for the top 30? ffs we can't even find enough players to fill ours.

Soto

Bench
Murchie is a good player. Just being used incorrectly. He's an out and out backrower. Runs good lines and good defensively.
Played well in the last few years for the warriors.
Problem is you can't go in with 4 backrowers in your 17.
Your ideal bench is 2 middles, 1 backrower and 1 utility.
At the moment Lane, Doorey and Cartwright are ahead of him.
I would be starting Doorey from here on in.
Bench should be hopgood, Greig, Cartwright and hands.
Now if Greig starts Moretti comes into the 17.
I'm a fan of Asi. I think he should be in the 17 but needs a few more games to get match fitness.