What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Eelsthedeal

Juniors
Yeah not sure on MA in already popping up into Cup... He is ok but maybe it's a good thing for next year as they need to clean out the backup players in Cup.
Hmmm I still am not sure. Clearly fast track development the same as Jake. I don’t want to sound negative but I’ve seen a few of those boys who were pushed back to flegg making their mark like that young Davies and Lenaz who I think are still Flegg eligible next year. Davies is a fantastic impact hooker who’s held his own in Cup and Lenaz seems solid in a utility role. Granted that a clean out of the back up players needs to be done though!

hindy111

Post Whore
With 2 games to go Jersey Flegg is the only side a chance to make finals. How is giving these kids a few games in NSW cup better then must win games and possibly some finals footy. Also good for the club and fan.

Massive fail if ask me.

JokerEel

Coach
With 2 games to go Jersey Flegg is the only side a chance to make finals. How is giving these kids a few games in NSW cup better then must win games and possibly some finals footy. Also good for the club and fan.

Massive fail if ask me.

Agree keep the same team together for the rest of the season then being them through Cup next year.

Soto

Bench
Agree keep the same team together for the rest of the season then being them through Cup next year.
Just when you think the club may start doing the right thing they stink it up again...100% agree. Keep the Flegg side together instead of putting some blokes in a side with a losing culture in nsw cup. Next year play all these blokes but I don't think they achieve anything by playing in nsw cup now....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just when you think the club may start doing the right thing they stink it up again...100% agree. Keep the Flegg side together instead of putting some blokes in a side with a losing culture in nsw cup. Next year play all these blokes but I don't think they achieve anything by playing in nsw cup now....
We picked a bunch of these SG Ball merkins when we faced the Roosters a few weeks ago and we won. I wonder if it isn’t some kind of gentle intro to open age footy for them against weak opposition.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Massive fail if ask me.
Maybe to try to make the point that their "development club" plan is working as a defence of their recent recruitment strategy and there is no need to change said strategy?

Pazza

First Grade
I love what the club is doing, the more of these players who walk into the off-season thinking I got a real shot to be a cup player next season, the better.

If we got no chance of making the finals vs the panthers, I'd even give someone like betham misa a FG debut

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Rouse Hill Rhinos production line will work just need to be patient. It's not like we have many junior clubs in the district to pick from.

The Rhino way is now the Parra way.

well I suppose the Cabramatta Blues way didn't get us a premiership and we depended on them for a good part of 20 years.

if only we can go back to the Halcyon days for the Guildford Owls and Fairfield Pats where we actually won premierships...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe to try to make the point that their "development club" plan is working as a defence of their recent recruitment strategy and there is no need to change said strategy?
If you change your strategy based on less than a season's worth of results it was never a strategy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe we dropped Lenaz and Davies back to Flegg to strengthen that team leading into the finals
I was wondering this. There's plenty of forwards in that Flegg pack who have played reserve grade this year; Parker, Mataele, Brazel, Davis. But then JJBM is still in reserve grade this week along with the SG Ball kids.

Latest posts