What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

TheCrowe

Juniors
I don't think anyone has gone backwards with Cayless they just haven't gotten better..

whats his purpose?
Momo was a decent 1st grade benchie at Knights
Cini made first grade at tigers and looked pretty decent when he first arrived
Lume had played 1st grade for the storm
Just for starters.
If you dont get into the extended 1st grade squad you are in danger of joining the RM squad.
Should have just left Jordan Rankin in charge

Yeah like the Murph lol.
I'm not sure how that contradicts my post. I didn't say that all NRL assistants are future NRL coaches, I just said that you wouldn't put someone with real potential in charge of your reserves team given the current relationship between the reserves and the NRL squads. Obviously, you'd like the best coach you can get in the reserves, but you don't do that at the expense of coaching for the top squad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not sure how that contradicts my post. I didn't say that all NRL assistants are future NRL coaches, I just said that you wouldn't put someone with real potential in charge of your reserves team given the current relationship between the reserves and the NRL squads. Obviously, you'd like the best coach you can get in the reserves, but you don't do that at the expense of coaching for the top squad.
We have no one promising coming through at the club, or if they do they are moved on pretty quickly. Holbrook,Burt even Ryan Carr who looked promising and was quickly out the door. Yet drongo's like the Murph or Kidwell are persisted with for years even Barrett who will never get another first grade gig after failing twice.

Hardly shocking we go back to duds like Cayless. Surely you have to admit Cayless is worthy of coaching bush footy.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And your results on game day are pretty much decided by the quality of player the NRL coach makes available that week. Only a massive f**king whinger would blame you for losing.

Gronk

Staff member
Momo was a decent 1st grade benchie at Knights
Cini made first grade at tigers and looked pretty decent when he first arrived
Lume had played 1st grade for the storm
Just for starters.
If you dont get into the extended 1st grade squad you are in danger of joining the RM squad.
Should have just left Jordan Rankin in charge
Nah, you’re taking the piss.

Latest posts