What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Instead of being insulting I again ask you to point out where I am non-factual.
It was tongue-in-cheek rather than an insult.

Plus, suggesting that Cini, Lumelume and Moimoisea had their untapped talent blocked by a part time cup coach is clearly a piss take.

So, for that reason ….

giphy.gif

JokerEel

Coach
So didn’t you just say the other day that Guymer is already ahead of Doorey on development? He’s only played 7 NSW Cup games in his career. Nothing to do with Cayless I assume ?

f**king Cayless !

Well Pou said Doorey is better than Guymer..

I just think it's ridiculous to come out and say the NSW cup coach has no say in how they players are used or are choosen or developed..

Cayless has picked Lumelume all season swaps and changes the players around so there is no consistency.

Let's take Asi as an example his defence is shit needs to work at it so now he has been shifted to fullback...

Hands is a backup hooker who is now playing 6 great way to fix any issues that he may have..

Gronk

Staff member
f**king Cayless !

I just think it's ridiculous to come out and say the NSW cup coach has no say in how they players are used or are choosen or developed..

Cayless has picked Lumelume all season swaps and changes the players around so there is no consistency.

Let's take Asi as an example his defence is shit needs to work at it so now he has been shifted to fullback...

Hands is a backup hooker who is now playing 6 great way to fix any issues that he may have..
Yeah but all those players (Asi, Hands etc) are full time players. So they train with the NRL squad. I just think you guys are a little confused as to how much contact they have with the cup coach in any normal week.

JokerEel

Coach
Yeah but all those players (Asi, Hands etc) are full time players. So they train with the NRL squad. I just think you guys are a little confused as to how much contact they have with the cup coach in any normal week.
I am not sure anyone on here knows how much contact they have with Cayless..

They play under him on game day... Which doesn't show they even know who he is....

But if BA is telling Cayless to play Asi and Hands at 1 and 6 he is a f**king idiot....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**king Cayless !

The NRL coach decides which NRL players (including supplementary/development list) play reserve grade that week, and where he wants them to play. He will even tell the reserve grade coach what he wants them to work on during the game. And because the reserve grade coach works for the NRL club, rather than Wentworthville Magpies, he has to do as he is told.
Cayless has picked Lumelume all season
Like he's got anyone better? The guy has played NRL. Even Bellamy picked him in first grade. He's surely better than most part timers.
swaps and changes the players around so there is no consistency.
This is the story of reserve grade teams in general.

Maybe Asi and Hands are in their positions to improve the team's defence? Plus they are both NRL squad members, so the NRL coach will decide where he wants them to play.

JokerEel

Coach
The NRL coach decides which NRL players (including supplementary/development list) play reserve grade that week, and where he wants them to play. He will even tell the reserve grade coach what he wants them to work on during the game. And because the reserve grade coach works for the NRL club, rather than Wentworthville Magpies, he has to do as he is told.

Like he's got anyone better? The guy has played NRL. Even Bellamy picked him in first grade. He's surely better than most part timers.

Maybe Asi and Hands are in their positions to improve the team's defence? Plus they are both NRL squad members, so the NRL coach will decide where he wants them to play.

Why are you awake already isn't it like 2am for you??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep went on to Coach first grade..

Like why wouldn't you want to show how good of a coach you can be in open age at CUP...
Good on him. Shows why he didn't last in reserve grade long. But then he also didn't last in first grade for long. Do you reckon he's chomping at the bit to go back and coach reserve grade, or would prefer to assistant coach an NRL team?

JokerEel

Coach

See my reply to Gronk that answers most of this BS .

Apart from the Lumelume part everyone on here can see he isn't playing first grade again.....

No only our NSW cup story riff drop Luke from first he goes to bench as a hooker ffs not 5/8 Centre.

JokerEel

Coach
Good on him. Shows why he didn't last in reserve grade long. But then he also didn't last in first grade for long. Do you reckon he's chomping at the bit to go back and coach reserve grade, or would prefer to assistant coach an NRL team?

Nope but if he does he probably would do a better job than Cayless.

That's what you do to get the next job....

Gronk

Staff member

They play under him on game day... Which doesn't show they even know who he is....

But if BA is telling Cayless to play Asi and Hands at 1 and 6 he is a f**king idiot....
A f**king idiot is harsh. So you have Matt Arthur, Hands, Asi and Sanders. You would not play them all in the spine ? I assume you would bench Arthur ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He just might not care. Talagi is obviously ahead of Asi in the pecking order and Hands is neither a current nor future NRL hooker. He is a utility (like Asi), and Matt Arthur will benefit from playing reserve grade in his best position. In any case, if Hands is still our first choice backup hooker, he will have plenty of time with the NRL team at dummy half during the week at training, and even during the pre-season.

JokerEel

Coach
A f**king idiot is harsh. So you have Matt Arthur, Hands, Asi and Sanders. You would not play them all in the spine ? I assume you would bench Arthur ?

Yep if Lussick goes down Hands is next player up.

Why would you play your backup hooker at 5/8 when he needs to be playing and developing as a hooker .....

Just like Panthers have Luke on the Bench in CUP... I guess the riff do t know how to develop players though

Latest posts