What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

King-Gutho94

Coach
His first game in the 2s was wonderful in atrack but hes been very quiet since. He really needs to develop his body to play against men. His D is poor. Generally 3rd man in with a flop. The make up and structure of our 2s isnt doing him any favours.
The club has pushed all of the quality 18 year olds into cup and skipped past flegg.

Its why Flegg is not faring any better - Rankin hands are tied when it comes to that side.

I just hope we don't burn all these kids by deciding to fast-track them too early into a useless cup side atm.

Have we pushed too many there at one time.

Not sure what the answer is but it wouldn't be doing these young kids confidence wise any good losing every week.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The club has pushed all of the quality 18 year olds into cup and skipped past flegg.

Its why Flegg is not faring any better - Rankin hands are tied when it comes to that side.

I just hope we don't burn all these kids by deciding to fast-track them too early into a useless cup side atm.

Not sure what the answer is but it wouldn't be doing these young kids confidence wise any good losing every week.
Im pretty confident this isnt the answer. Really good kids will be lost under this plan.

JokerEel

Coach

It's not about the wins ffs!

I agree that club has pushed these kids up the problem is and I'll say it all the time is stability and combinations.

Gronk

Staff member

1 Ethyn Martin
2 Jake Tago
3 Morgan Harper
4 Zac Cini
5 Sam Loizou
6 Daejarn Asi
7 Ethan Sanders
8 Ofahiki Ogden
9 Brendan Hands
10 Makahesi Makatoa
11 Dan Keir
12 Charlie Guymer
13 Brock Parker
14 Matt Arthur
15 Saxon Pryke
16 Toni Mataele
17 Reece Alderton

Gazzamatta

Coach

1 Ethyn Martin
2 Jake Tago
3 Morgan Harper
4 Zac Cini
5 Sam Loizou
6 Daejarn Asi
7 Ethan Sanders
8 Ofahiki Ogden
9 Brendan Hands
10 Makahesi Makatoa
11 Dan Keir
12 Charlie Guymer
13 Brock Parker
14 Matt Arthur
15 Saxon Pryke
16 Toni Mataele
17 Reece Alderton
Thats a better balanced team.
Boods in a shorter stint might enable his attacking spark once more. I like it.
Unfortunately they will continue to play "Cayless Ball". Didnt we offer a gig to last year's Flegg Coach at the last minute to support Cayless?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If they can prove their chops in reserve grade we can safely offer them top 30 contracts. If they can't even handle reserve grade they're obviously not ready for the top 30.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal

1 Ethyn Martin
2 Jake Tago
3 Morgan Harper
4 Zac Cini
5 Sam Loizou
6 Daejarn Asi
7 Ethan Sanders
8 Ofahiki Ogden
9 Brendan Hands
10 Makahesi Makatoa
11 Dan Keir
12 Charlie Guymer
13 Brock Parker
14 Matt Arthur
15 Saxon Pryke
16 Toni Mataele
17 Reece Alderton
That team should win more often. I
like Martin at fullback.

JokerEel

Coach

1 Ethyn Martin
2 Jake Tago
3 Morgan Harper
4 Zac Cini
5 Sam Loizou
6 Daejarn Asi
7 Ethan Sanders
8 Ofahiki Ogden
9 Brendan Hands
10 Makahesi Makatoa
11 Dan Keir
12 Charlie Guymer
13 Brock Parker
14 Matt Arthur
15 Saxon Pryke
16 Toni Mataele
17 Reece Alderton

Holy shit Pou get on the blower to BA Hands is a utility ffs!!!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Holy shit Pou get on the blower to BA Hands is a utility ffs!!!!!
He played in the halves last week. How is that not a utility? Or does your definition of utility only include little blokes who come off the bench? Maybe Matt Arthur is a utility now?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is that a genuine question or are you questioning the for the sake of it...

Think about it..
Well if he forms a combination with some reserve grader it's not going to come in handy when he plays first grade unless his reserve grade mate also steps up into first grade.

JokerEel

Coach
He played in the halves last week. How is that not a utility? Or does your definition of utility only include little blokes who come off the bench? Maybe Matt Arthur is a utility now?

No he didn't he was on the bench in the NRL..

Glad the club has come around to my thinking with Hands playing hooker role Asi 5/8 and Martin at fullback..

JokerEel

Coach
Well if he forms a combination with some reserve grader it's not going to come in handy when he plays first grade unless his reserve grade mate also steps up into first grade.

You can see you have never coached..

You form a combination with your halves partner fullback hooker ect you then start playing with more cohesive which gives you more confidence. That then helps your game where you can then develop new skills and try new things.

But yes Like I said glad the club has come around to my thinking well done club 🤌

Gronk

Staff member

Glad the club has come around to my thinking with Hands playing hooker role Asi 5/8 and Martin at fullback..
Asi really played half and Sanders 5/8 on the weekend. Sanders played a stripped down roll, no kicking, no first receiver - just run.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No that was yesterday. Last week he played in the halves, as he has done many times
Hands is 25 this year, so he should provide stronger defence to start the game. Arthur can come on with his superior skill when the game slows down. It's a good move, although our edge defence would be better with Asi at fullback than in the halves. But then 1. Asi 6. Hands isn't as good in attack as 1. Martin 6. Asi. It's all about trade offs. Hopefully we win this time.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can see you have never coached..
lol I hope your under 7s team bought into your philosophy
You form a combination with your halves partner fullback hooker ect you then start playing with more cohesive which gives you more confidence. That then helps your game where you can then develop new skills and try new things.
The priority in reserve grade is player development, not forming mad combos. As soon as one of these merkins is required in first grade (like Hands last week and Talagi the week before) your combination goes out the window Supercoach.
But yes Like I said glad the club has come around to my thinking well done club 🤌
You think Hands and Sanders should be in first grade lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Asi really played half and Sanders 5/8 on the weekend. Sanders played a stripped down roll, no kicking, no first receiver - just run.
Him and Asi and Arthur shared the kicking, but yes, Sanders was there to run the ball. He made more carries than anyone else in the team.

JokerEel

Coach
lol I hope your under 7s team bought into your philosophy

The priority in reserve grade is player development, not forming mad combos. As soon as one of these merkins is required in first grade (like Hands last week and Talagi the week before) your combination goes out the window Supercoach.

You think Hands and Sanders should be in first grade lol

Looks like your wrong again... Asi and Sanders playing in the halves again forming combinations helping develop the juniors..

Hands is playing 9 this week for Cup just like I said he should.

BTW its 2024 no one uses LOL anymore