What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah Meni was just serviceable but to be fair hes played fu*k all minutes this year. Riley Smith looked likely.
The boys from Massey, Luke Tago and Mulitalo, are better than I thought. However let’s face it, like good journeymen, they are there to support the real NRL prospects whilst they hone their skills.

In that group, I see:

Josh Lynn
Brock Parker
Captain Keir
Matt Doorey
Charlie Guymer
William Latu

… as having NRL career potential.

I have given up on Emu. :(

Gazzamatta

Coach
The boys from Massey, Luke Tago and Mulitalo, are better than I thought. However let’s face it, like good journeymen, they are there to support the real NRL prospects whilst they hone their skills.

In that group, I see:

Josh Lynn
Brock Parker
Captain Keir
Matt Doorey
Charlie Guymer
William Latu

Im far from given up on Emu. I could only imagine how a Bellamy, Cleary or Bennett would reshape him.
Neither Lorenzo or Lume (who was f'n disgraceful again) will even attempt to catch a hig ball under pressure. When you think the only half decent wing in the senior ranks is Simmonson its an utter disgrace.

Gronk

Staff member
Im far from given up on Emu. I could only imagine how a Bellamy, Cleary or Bennett would reshape him.
Neither Lorenzo or Lume (who was f'n disgraceful again) will even attempt to catch a hig ball under pressure. When you think the only half decent wing in the senior ranks is Simmonson its an utter disgrace.
I just think that NRL has changed and the teams that are doing well have super fit mobile forwards with big motors. Our club did transform him, he lost a whole bunch of kegs, but he’s still a slug. The NRL props last night that shone were Reg, Collins and Leniu. Are there any old fashioned props in the NRL like Emu that are doing well right now ? Jnr is getting old, but he is quite agile and skilled for a big guy.

Am I being harsh ? He’s 25 this year. Leniu is 24 this year.

JokerEel

Coach

Harsh on Lumelume he was actually good yesterday.

Had a try denied even though the touchies gave a few to the Roosters when they went into touch.

Scored a try at the end on speed.

Pazza

First Grade
I just think that NRL has changed and the teams that are doing well have super fit mobile forwards with big motors. Our club did transform him, he lost a whole bunch of kegs, but he’s still a slug. The NRL props last night that shone were Reg, Collins and Leniu. Are there any old fashioned props in the NRL like Emu that are doing well right now ? Jnr is getting old, but he is quite agile and skilled for a big guy.

Am I being harsh ? He’s 25 this year. Leniu is 24 this year.

Not harsh at all our pack needs balance. We are very sizeable atm, we can only benefit from a couple of smaller defensive orientated forwards. Hands over lussik was a step in the right directon, I'd start hopgood at lock and move him to prop after 20 and put a guy like guymer on.

Gronk

Staff member
Not harsh at all our pack needs balance. We are very sizeable atm, we can only benefit from a couple of smaller defensive orientated forwards. Hands over lussik was a step in the right directon, I'd start hopgood at lock and move him to prop after 20 and put a guy like guymer on.
Well with Hopgood injured / origin and Kelma out for 4 games, you might very well see Charlie soon.

Previously, the cue was a player being named as 18th man before his debut or maybe even in the 21. I don’t think that has happened yet or maybe Baz doesn’t use that system.

JokerEel

Coach
Serious consideration should be given to Matt Arthur off the bench to replace Hands, Lussick unfortunately is a light of other days and doesn’t fit the structure of the team.That might go some way to give an incentive to our younger players .

How good would it to see BA give MA his jersey

Gronk

Staff member
Serious consideration should be given to Matt Arthur off the bench to replace Hands, Lussick unfortunately is a light of other days and doesn’t fit the structure of the team.That might go some way to give an incentive to our younger players .
You’re probably right, but I dread the noise from the deadshits.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

In that group, I see:

Josh Lynn
Brock Parker
Captain Keir
Matt Doorey
Charlie Guymer
William Latu

They might all potentially fill a spot in the bottom of the top 30 (Doorey is already there), but I'd say none of them will play 100 NRL games.