What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
For me I picture some of the best tacklers in the NRL vs 19yr old lean tall props ie imagine Liam Martin tackling King Tonga ?

I think King Tonga at the earliest is 2026 more likely 2027 despite being a serious weapon of the future. It will most likely be a bench 20to30min role max

ie we still need to answer the questions around our 2024/25 pack dominating the best teams and the starting props that can get us into the Top4 and win finals.

Parko1310

Juniors
For me I picture some of the best tacklers in the NRL vs 19yr old lean tall props ie imagine Liam Martin tackling King Tonga ?

I think King Tonga at the earliest is 2026 more likely 2027 despite being a serious weapon of the future. It will most likely be a bench 20to30min role max

ie we still need to answer the questions around our 2024/25 pack dominating the best teams and the starting props that can get us into the Top4 and win finals.
Hey mate, just an fyi King-Togia and Loko Tonga are two different players in our ranks. Loko is the prop you're referring to, Lykhan King-Tongia is the five-eighth currently playing Cup, but has progressed through Steelers SG and our Flegg team already this year

TheRev

First Grade
I see no Williams in JF, must still be suffering with concussion, shame could use him ATM, JF really need to come back to the winners circle.
was just commenting on this in another thread, its been 15days between the games, so he could have been selected, but maybe they want to err on the side of caution.. perhaps it was a bad one, I didnt get to see any footage...

But yes they rly need to get a stable roster going in JF, too many guns in that side not to be dominating most games. Doesnt help that LKT got promoted but thats gonna happen during the year, there is plenty of talent in that squad (and plenty more waiting in the wings).

Victoire

Juniors
A total of 13 men and women from the club's pathways system have been rewarded with selection in June's Under 19s State of Origin fixture.

Hayden Buchanan and Loko Pasifiki Tonga have both been named in the run-on side for Andrew Ryan's Blues with Jacob Halangahu on the interchange.

This game's on Thurs June 20 on channel 9. Ethan Strange starred in this match last year and he's now an essential member of the Raiders NRL team, and the likes of Chevy Stewart, Ethan Sanders and Samueal Fainu have also seen NRL action since playing in it.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
A total of 13 men and women from the club's pathways system have been rewarded with selection in June's Under 19s State of Origin fixture.

Hayden Buchanan and Loko Pasifiki Tonga have both been named in the run-on side for Andrew Ryan's Blues with Jacob Halangahu on the interchange.

This game's on Thurs June 20 on channel 9. Ethan Strange starred in this match last year and he's now an essential member of the Raiders NRL team, and the likes of Chevy Stewart, Ethan Sanders and Samueal Fainu have also seen NRL action since playing in it.
Thought Finau Latu was unlucky to miss out tbh

hook hook

Juniors
Sorry, this is a bit unrelated to the previous conversation, but has H. Finau been getting longer minutes in cup? I haven’t had the chance to watch most games but on the highlights when we’re scoring it seems he’s always in dummy half. Or is that just coincidence? Or does the team lifts when he’s on?

TheRev

First Grade
Sorry, this is a bit unrelated to the previous conversation, but has H. Finau been getting longer minutes in cup? I haven’t had the chance to watch most games but on the highlights when we’re scoring it seems he’s always in dummy half. Or is that just coincidence? Or does the team lifts when he’s on?
I checked the last 3 weeks: 45mins - 53mins - 52mins, so pretty consistent.. it is a lot though tbf.. similar minutes to Mulheissen.. they must run one of them at 13 or something for 15mins or so.. cause they add up to more than 80mins, so its not a strict hooker rotation.. but its mostly that.

I think Haele is a good little player, bit nippy out of dummy half, but I dont think he will be getting an NRL contract or anything.. hes a very different player to Muhleissen who also im not sure if he will retain his NRL Dev spot next year, they might drop him back to a Train & Trial if he wants to stay.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I checked the last 3 weeks: 45mins - 53mins - 52mins, so pretty consistent.. it is a lot though tbf.. similar minutes to Mulheissen.. they must run one of them at 13 or something for 15mins or so.. cause they add up to more than 80mins, so its not a strict hooker rotation.. but its mostly that.

I think Haele is a good little player, bit nippy out of dummy half, but I dont think he will be getting an NRL contract or anything.. hes a very different player to Muhleissen who also im not sure if he will retain his NRL Dev spot next year, they might drop him back to a Train & Trial if he wants to stay.
If its out of the 2, I would HFinau, offers so much more in attack as opposed to CM, who is more defence orientated.

hook hook

Juniors

Great insight! Thanks rev

I think Haele is a good little player, bit nippy out of dummy half, but I dont think he will be getting an NRL contract
Why? Personal opinion or because our 'esteemed' coach has not given him a start in his two years with us, so is unlikely to the future. Seems to me he prefers only players he has personally endorsed and ignores those he hasnt, regardless if they are top grade class or not.

Last edited:

FlickFlano

Juniors
Why? Personal opinion or because our 'esteemed' coach has not given him a start in his two years with us, so is unlikely to the future. Seems to me he prefers only players he has personally endorsed and ignores those he hasnt, regardless if they are top grade class or not.
well he isnt top 30 or development or train/trial so he cant be picked regardless of what Flano thinks of him.

TheRev

First Grade
I have NSWRLTV sub still running, the reserve grade game is on @ 2.55pm, so like in the middle of first grade.. guess I will watch on replay tonight (unless my mood is awful lol), strange timing though..

Jersey Flegg is about to get underway.

Edit: Just noting a lot of our stars r out of JF, they must be rested for the upcoming NSW games...

Last edited:

FlickFlano

Juniors
He has been on a train/trial deal since 2023 so likely is now on a DV. He has more upside than Muhleisen, yet Flanagan has given him Firsts game time. Haele has done his apprenticeship.
This year he is not on a train/trial and he is not on a supplementary deal. Was downgraded before Flano got here.
He is ineligible for selection in 1st grade.

CM is eligible but basically JM/Nu Brown quickly jumped him and he wont see 1sts again either ...

Both not what we need going forward ... Hjalston and Fagalilo are the interesting ones coming through but a long way off the pace right now.

Cook for a year or so is smart and doesnt commit us long term.