What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin Sims

KiamaSaint

Coach
This whole argument is such a moot point. We are not a super club so we need to manage our salary cap accordingly. That means some good recruitment/development of star players, some players that aren't high profile but will do a job, plus the usage of some juniors with potential.

If you look at our pack, we have some experience heads in there; Packer, Frizzel, Vaughan, JT, Sims; hopefully we have some that can do a job; Ah Mau, JDB, McInnis while Host and Leulia seem to fit the last category.

I am not sure Korbin Sims for Host is exactly a like for like substitution given our salary cap restrictions.

monsterkev

Juniors
I think stats are a help but not the only factor in judging a player. So I'm middle of the road.

I don't agree with the degree of criticism of Leeson Ah Mau. He was a little down 2016 but still averaged nearly 100 metres per game ( almost like Russell Packer) and is durable and tackles well. I don't think is gets big $$$. Has been one of our best in the recent disappointing seasons. Yet some opinion wants to offload him for Korbin Simms etc. Mose will probably struggle with a dodgy knee this year so don't think he will be that influential. Plus never a world beater anyway.

I do have a lot of optimism this year.
I reckon he was our best forward in 2015
I hope he finds form this year

hermidale1

Juniors
I have decided to give you and others some facts
Jacob host played 8 games in 1st grade he averaged 21 tackles per game
He averaged 8 hitups at 8m per hitup
1 try
Line breaks 1
39 minutes per game

Tariq simms played 8 games for saints
Averaged 29 tackles per game
He averaged 12 hitups per game at 12m per hitup
2 tries
Line breaks 1
42 munutes per game

Jack debelin played 21 games averaged 44 tackles per game
He averaged 14 hitups per game at 8m per hitup
Tries 1
Line breaks 0
68 minutes per game

Jake marketo played 18 games and averaged 16 tackes per game
He averaged 6 hitups per game at 8m per hitup
Tries 2
Line breaks 3
31 minutes per game

Will mathews played 20 games
He averaged 21 tackles per game
He averaged 6 hitups per game at 8m per hitup
1 try
1 line break
41 minutes per game

Joel thompson played 20 games
He averaged 30 tackles per game
He averaged 10 hitups per game at 9m per hitup
3 tries
4 line breaks
73 minutes per game
I have listed these players only as they are the ones being talked about most on this forum
As you can see he is no standout
He is same size as simms,mathews and debellin and marketo is 10kg lighter
I know he only played 8 games and all
Even mathews and marketo are on par according to the statistics
If he gets an average of 50 minutes per game in 2017 and averages remain the same then he is just an average player
I would expect him to improve a hell of a lot in 2017 now he has some 1st grade experience and if he does not punt him as we have to many average players
I see he is off contract end of 2017 so he has to improve to get an upgraded contract
I have some stats as well.

Luciano Leilua
Played 5 Games
Tackles - 78
Hit Ups - 32
Metres - 238

Jacob Host
Played 8 Games
Tackles -162
Hit Ups - 62
Metres - 624

Now first of all I rate Leilua highly. Has amazing skills and will become a very good NRL player without any doubt.
Thats from watching what he does on the field. Not his stats.
But going by stats he is way behind Host who you claim is "average".
Both only 20 and both different style of players. Both won NYC player of the Year . Host 2015 , Leilua 2016.
But many believe both will have good careers and both should be part of the NRL bench in 2017.
In fact many are raving about Leilua on this forum. And they were equally excited he re signed.

Old Timer

Coach
A lot of energy had been expended and feathers ruffled on this thread on the back of a rumour that Korbin might possibly come to us.
Simple reality is Host and Leilua have recently had contracts upgraded and they are in the squad and Sims is not here, so maybe lets worry about it if it happens.
No doubt Masoe's availability will play more of a role in this than the ability of either Host or Leilua.

monsterkev

Juniors
A lot of energy had been expended and feathers ruffled on this thread on the back of a rumour that Korbin might possibly come to us.
Simple reality is Host and Leilua have recently had contracts upgraded and they are in the squad and Sims is not here, so maybe lets worry about it if it happens.
No doubt Masoe's availability will play more of a role in this than the ability of either Host or Leilua.
I have some stats as well.

Luciano Leilua
Played 5 Games
Tackles - 78
Hit Ups - 32
Metres - 238

Jacob Host
Played 8 Games
Tackles -162
Hit Ups - 62
Metres - 624

Now first of all I rate Leilua highly. Has amazing skills and will become a very good NRL player without any doubt.
Thats from watching what he does on the field. Not his stats.
But going by stats he is way behind Host who you claim is "average".
Both only 20 and both different style of players. Both won NYC player of the Year . Host 2015 , Leilua 2016.
But many believe both will have good careers and both should be part of the NRL bench in 2017.
In fact many are raving about Leilua on this forum. And they were equally excited he re signed.
Mate you should of called yourself
Heameroid hard to get rid of
I think everyone is sick of this subject now so one last time no more on the subject

hermidale1

Juniors
Mate you should of called yourself
Heameroid hard to get rid of
I think everyone is sick of this subject now so one last time no more on the subject

Mate you must really hate to be shown how wrong you can be. Must have been an issue for you as a child.
Just pointing out that a kid in his first season did a decent job along with another rookie. But hey I could sit here and back slap anyone who agrees with me like you do. Or sling childish names and be judgmental like others!!! But nah.
Lets just agree to dis agree.
I only post in here occasionally but you've inspired me to up my efforts.
So please continue with the insults.

monsterkev

Juniors
Mate you must really hate to be shown how wrong you can be. Must have been an issue for you as a child.
Just pointing out that a kid in his first season did a decent job along with another rookie. But hey I could sit here and back slap anyone who agrees with me like you do. Or sling childish names and be judgmental like others!!! But nah.
Lets just agree to dis agree.
I only post in here occasionally but you've inspired me to up my efforts.
So please continue with the insults.
wipe your chin
i have not insulted you yet merely told you that you are annoying
and why do you want to keep going with this
it is you that has continued to backslap anyone that has liked the post on how good jacob host is
im the one who's comments touched a nerve as i have copped plenty of response mostly negative but i dont care as i said my peace
i dont mean to sound like a broken down record
these responses are opinions so it should be left at that,there is no need to continue
i have told you to leave it alone but i am glad you were able to find some stats on the net as they are not that hard to find so cudos to you

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have watched Third Grade and Under 20's for over 45 years and I would rate
Host and Leilua up there with a young Robert Stone and Randall Barge as far as potential goes.
They are both reasonably mobile and play good exciting team football. It is exciting to have two young forwards from the St. George side of the Joint Venture.
I will leave it as that as it is only my opinion and each to their own.

hermidale1

Juniors
wipe your chin
i have not insulted you yet merely told you that you are annoying
and why do you want to keep going with this
it is you that has continued to backslap anyone that has liked the post on how good jacob host is
im the one who's comments touched a nerve as i have copped plenty of response mostly negative but i dont care as i said my peace
i dont mean to sound like a broken down record
these responses are opinions so it should be left at that,there is no need to continue
i have told you to leave it alone but i am glad you were able to find some stats on the net as they are not that hard to find so cudos to you
Wipe my chin, that's so cute Fuller.
Hit a nerve??? Nah champ. As said just stating a fact.
But to be honest I'm glad you have an opinion. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that you feel you have something different to others.
I couldn't care what you think or don't think. And finding stats on the net? Yeah it's an amazing tool that can be tapped for info.
Good for you to recognise that.
And liking something positive about the kid isn't backslapping. If I wanted to backslap I'd be saying something like" great to see someone agrees with me."
But anyway, it's been enjoyable.

Dragsters

First Grade
Calling some one annoying is considered an insult.

I can't imagine too many people would enjoy being called a haemorrhoid either.

Ps. For those playing at home, that's actually how it is is splet, if you're considering insulting anyone from behind a keyboard that is.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I have watched Third Grade and Under 20's for over 45 years and I would rate
Host and Leilua up there with a young Robert Stone and Randall Barge as far as potential goes.
They are both reasonably mobile and play good exciting team football. It is exciting to have two young forwards from the St. George side of the Joint Venture.
I will leave it as that as it is only my opinion and each to their own.

DR if there half as good as stoney that will fo me.

monsterkev

Juniors
Wipe my chin, that's so cute Fuller.
Hit a nerve??? Nah champ. As said just stating a fact.
But to be honest I'm glad you have an opinion. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that you feel you have something different to others.
I couldn't care what you think or don't think. And finding stats on the net? Yeah it's an amazing tool that can be tapped for info.
Good for you to recognise that.
And liking something positive about the kid isn't backslapping. If I wanted to backslap I'd be saying something like" great to see someone agrees with me."
But anyway, it's been enjoyable.
I will let you have the last say as that is what youve been trying to do
I dont want to waste anymore time on you
Goodbye

monsterkev

Juniors
Its a fact you annoy alot of people.
Are you speaking on behalf of others
As i would have said you annoy me or something to that effect and left alot out of it
But it annoys me when a person comments when not required to do so
As i was telling another forum member to stop as i was over his constant barrage but you now have to continue
I am entitled to not be harassed about it so kindly shut your mouth coast dragon
I think i have had a run in with you before it wont end nicely next time
I am trying to be as nice as possible about it so dont take it as nasty or arrogant as that is not my intension its just im sick of this stupid subject
If people cant say they dont rate a player without ridicule then what hope is there for attracting anyone new it will be same old

Are you speaking on behalf of others
As i would have said you annoy me or something to that effect and left alot out of it
But it annoys me when a person comments when not required to do so
As i was telling another forum member to stop as i was over his constant barrage but you now have to continue
I am entitled to not be harassed about it so kindly shut your mouth coast dragon
I think i have had a run in with you before it wont end nicely next time
I am trying to be as nice as possible about it so dont take it as nasty or arrogant as that is not my intension its just im sick of this stupid subject
If people cant say they dont rate a player without ridicule then what hope is there for attracting anyone new it will be same old
Ignore you shall go.

Belta

Juniors
I hesitantly think he'd be ok so long as it did not impact on our ability to attract a good half next year if no one steps up. He is a local and it's always nice for brothers to play fg together, and with Frizzell continuing to have lower back spasms, and Masoe having further complications with his knee it may be a wise move, those types of injuries are can be hard to overcome..not taking anything away from frizzells achievements this year he has been inspirational...but I feel lower disc problems are very temperamental