What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW vs. Raiders

Serc

First Grade
2 - Mullo
2 - Kidley
1 - Wicks
1 - Houston

Edit: lol same as you JM

Apey

Staff member
Certainly can't split Mullen or Kidley... Kidley played a fantastic overall game, Mullen was great defensively and on the attack.

2 Kidley
2 Mullen
1 Buderus
1 Tolar

As well as Wicks played, 4 missed tackles :(

perverse

Referee
3 - gidley
2 - wicks
1 - mullen

geez wicks was fantastic... no coincidence that we scored our points when he was on, and they scored when he was off. fantastic debut for the knights.

Frederick

Staff member
perverse said:
3 - gidley
2 - wicks
1 - mullen

geez wicks was fantastic... no coincidence that we scored our points when he was on, and they scored when he was off. fantastic debut for the knights.
Hey, you. I know you. You're that guy!

3 - Kidley
2 - Mullen
1 - Wicks

Apey

Staff member
Eh.. wicks played well, Tolar played great as well though. 28 tackles, 13 runs, 2 offloads.

I ended up going with Tolar because Wicks had 4 missed tackles to his name, despite scoring the nice try and gaining nice field possession.

And one other contributing factor, where the f**k was the backflip? :p

IanG

Coach
3-Kidley
2-Bedsy
1-Mullen

Kicking game improved in the second half but was rather ordenary in the first half. Lucky to have been leading at half time.

keeney

First Grade
Scrappy at times, but promise too. Mullen looked better for last year in the 2nd half, some great kicks. Our 2nd string rotation of Props (Wicks & Fao'oso) were heaps better than their starting counterparts, metres over the advantage line and the overall effect their presence had on the team.

2 Mullen
1 Buderus
1 Kidley
1 Wicks
1 Houston

Jono078

Referee
3 - Tolar
2 - Houston
1 - Fa'aoso

I didnt watch the game properly. I thought we were impressive because I don't think our halves done all that much.

But yeah our style of play has me excited. Raiders played absolute crap up the middle all night.

Vuna is looking f**king awsome, what a beast!

All the new guys can be proud of their debut for us.

Dissapointments for me were MacDougall, Simpson and Paterson.

Simpson didnt play pretty much so left us a man down, not his fault but yeh..

MacDougall left Vuna by himself a few times and dropped a crucial ball.

Paterson didnt seem to do a lot, had a couple nice moments though.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
3 Mullen
2 Kidley
1 Wicks

Thought Mullen really kept the team together tonight, steered them alot better than he would have in the past. He was just really calm and composed and kept our offence going.

Kidley looked dangerous everytime he held the ball and seemed to be always on the end of our attack to finish it up.

Wicks, apart from the missed tackles went really well tonight. He made some good runs and boy is he HUGE. Got a widescreen tv at home and he just seemed to fill the whole screen up. Not only is he huge but looked fit too.

Frederick

Staff member
I agree re. Simpson. How dare he get injured after our relatively injury free pre-season. He should be ashamed of himself :fist: :p

I was really impressed with all the new boys tonight. Wes was quiet early on but became more and more involved as the game went on. Houston was solid as a rock in defense and penetrating in attack (although he should leave the kicking to others ;-)). Wicks was massive. Everything Josh Perry could have been. Shame he didn't do a flip after scoring though - that woulda sent the crowd wild :(. Fa'aoso really ripped in. Hilder was probably the most diappointing of the lot, but I suppose that has to do with the fact he was playing in the back row as a replacement for Simmo for most of the game, and didn't get a shot at hooker/halves.

Overall, I am thoroughly happy with the performance, especially our defence. So far this round, we have the least missed tackles of all teams - that's gotta be something to be proud of :)

roopy

Referee
Frederick said:
I agree re. Simpson. How dare he get injured after our relatively injury free pre-season. He should be ashamed of himself :fist: :p

I was really impressed with all the new boys tonight. Wes was quiet early on but became more and more involved as the game went on. Houston was solid as a rock in defense and penetrating in attack (although he should leave the kicking to others ;-)). Wicks was massive. Everything Josh Perry could have been. Shame he didn't do a flip after scoring though - that woulda sent the crowd wild :(. Fa'aoso really ripped in. Hilder was probably the most diappointing of the lot, but I suppose that has to do with the fact he was playing in the back row as a replacement for Simmo for most of the game, and didn't get a shot at hooker/halves.

Overall, I am thoroughly happy with the performance, especially our defence. So far this round, we have the least missed tackles of all teams - that's gotta be something to be proud of :)
Added to that, the defence in the NSW cup game was off the charts - they completely dominated the poor old tiges.

Johns Magic

Referee
Frederick said:
Hilder was probably the most diappointing of the lot, but I suppose that has to do with the fact he was playing in the back row as a replacement for Simmo for most of the game, and didn't get a shot at hooker/halves.

To be honest Hilder performed exactly how I expected him to - solid and safe but no stand-out.

keeney

First Grade
Macdougall was a lot better than i thought he would be. He made some sh*tty rookie handling errors BUT, was a monster while running, breaking the line (cleanly or no) constantly without being exposed defensively.