What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kris Inu Try LOOK AT THIS!

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
whispers last year were that inu was at the top of the pecking order until injury struck (fractured shoulder blade from memory) so hayne got the jump on him and never looked back.

he has the talent, it's just a question of how he handles the step up when it happens. i'd like to see him long term in our colours. as others have suggested he should get a shot during rep season and if anyone gets injured.

my info was he would of been ahead of Hayne had he not been injured.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Good luck to him. I would love to see him perform well but would rather not see him in the squad too early. I would rather see the players 1-5 perform as they can and keep him in premier league due to their good form.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Good luck to him. I would love to see him perform well but would rather not see him in the squad too early. I would rather see the players 1-5 perform as they can and keep him in premier league due to their good form.

I believe 2 of those 1-5 players are currently under alot of preasure to hold their spot. Reddy, INU and Lett are pretty much on their heals.

also, both Grothe and Tahu are is some doubt for the first round against the Warriors if they're out you can put your house on INU playing.

MrT

Juniors
If Hagan play Reddy before INU then we could have another Willie Tonga situation.
Isn't Inu off contract next season?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
If Hagan play Reddy before INU then we could have another Willie Tonga situation.
Isn't Inu off contract next season?

well effectively he already has, but just remember...it's a long bloody season and anyone who believes that we'll go through the year without injuries is extremely naive, he will get his fair share of games under his belt if he stays healthy..that's a given

The Colonel

Immortal
Just on Reddy playing ahead of Inu - Reddy has been lining up at right centre with Inu on the left. In first grade Smith has been on the left hand side and with Timana out this would place him on the right. It seems that Hagan may be replacing players based on field position so as not to disrupt preparations too much at this stage.

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:
Just on Reddy playing ahead of Inu - Reddy has been lining up at right centre with Inu on the left. In first grade Smith has been on the left hand side and with Timana out this would place him on the right. It seems that Hagan may be replacing players based on field position so as not to disrupt preparations too much at this stage.

Ahh, not a bad thing actually. I didn't think I'd be seeing Inu play grade so quickly. His certainly something special.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
I believe 2 of those 1-5 players are currently under alot of preasure to hold their spot. Reddy, INU and Lett are pretty much on their heals.

also, both Grothe and Tahu are is some doubt for the first round against the Warriors if they're out you can put your house on INU playing.

Exactly what I am saying, he should only play in the first quarter of the season due to injury or unavailability.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Exactly what I am saying, he should only play in the first quarter of the season due to injury or unavailability.

what about loss of form and what is it about INU that concerns you?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
He was a long way from ready last year with his attitude and his mindset. Takes too many wrong options and wants to do it all himself. Hayne worked on this and improved but I just don't trust the opinions of some on this forum that would displace seasoned first graders for a team of rookies. He may have improved enough but for the first 6 or so games it would be better for him to not have to be called on to debut.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
He was a long way from ready last year with his attitude and his mindset. Takes too many wrong options and wants to do it all himself. Hayne worked on this and improved but I just don't trust the opinions of some on this forum that would displace seasoned first graders for a team of rookies. He may have improved enough but for the first 6 or so games it would be better for him to not have to be called on to debut.

that's your call and your entitled to it but I disagree with you and I do believe there are plenty of good judges here who did see him play against Cronulla who may also disagree with you.

Bigfella

Coach
I also think that there is only so much you can improve in PL if you aren't put up.

First grade gives you far more cope to improve, because the overall standard is so much higher, and the lurning curve much steeper. It also demands consistency because of the increased exposure.

Plenty of notable players weren't necessarily standouts, or consistent, in PL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
I also think that there is only so much you can improve in PL if you aren't put up.

First grade gives you far more cope to improve, because the overall standard is so much higher, and the lurning curve much steeper. It also demands consistency because of the increased exposure.

Plenty of notable players weren't necessarily standouts, or consistent, in PL.

refer Nathan Hindmarsh.

Take the example of Willie tonga again, He was given a good go by the Dogs. That's what these boys need..... to be given a good go. Once Feleti and INU get a good go, they will be hard to remove from those Positions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Take the example of Willie tonga again, He was given a good go by the Dogs. That's what these boys need..... to be given a good go. Once Feleti and INU get a good go, they will be hard to remove from those Positions.

yes jake..but in Willie's case Fokes identified his weakness in the off season and worked on it for months to get it right and sure enough he became one of the premier centres of the game that year.

it definitely wasn't without had work and he badly needed to work on his defense which was evidently fixed.

yy_cheng

Coach
eelavation said:
yes jake..but in Willie's case Fokes identified his weakness in the off season and worked on it for months to get it right and sure enough he became one of the premier centres of the game that year.

it definitely wasn't without had work and he badly needed to work on his defense which was evidently fixed.

But Parramatta wasn't willing to invest time in helping him or didn't think it was time to help him just yet.

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
But Parramatta wasn't willing to invest time in helping him or didn't think it was time to help him just yet.

Actually they were prepared to invest in him - the deal was reportedly a lot better than what the Bulldogs offered with incentives for playing first grade - ironically had he stayed and Lyon left than he would have made a considerable amount more than the Dogs deal. The opportunity for him to play first grade however was seemingly better at the Dogs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:

well mate, we've gone through this ground on a number of occasions, there was an obvious weakness which he probably needed an off season to rectify and we know what happened after he signed with Canterbury? Judas POQ's and Freshy does his achilis tenden and we were 2 international centres down about 6 weeks into the comp.

it wasn't something that Smithy planned for..

Latest posts