What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KSE announce 4th album

AILD

Bench
Killswitch Engage, the most prolific of the burgeoning Massachusetts metal scene's exports, are proud to announce the recording of their as-yet untitled fourth album for Roadrunner Records. The album will follow 2006's As Daylight Dies, which is approaching Gold-status. 2004's The End of Heartache has achieved Gold certification. The fourth album is quite an anticipated event in the hard rock and metal scene and beyond, as evidenced by the fact that the band will appear on cover of Revolver Magazine's 2009 music Preview issue, on stands December 23. Additionally, the forthcoming album was selected as one of Alternative Press' Most Anticipated releases of 2009.

For the first time in their career, the band will work with an outside producer and have chosen Brendan O'Brien (AC/DC, Rage against the machine, Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots, to name a few) to man the boards. KsE guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, a noted producer in his own right who has recorded all of the band's previous albums, will be taking a co-producer role on this record alongside O'Brien.

The band will record in both Georgia and their native Western Massachusetts. Roadrunner expects to release the record in Spring 2009.

Killswitch Engage will spend the winter recording the album and will hit the road in the Spring for a major pre-release tour. Look for more details on that in the near future.
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/231/14579/Killswitch-Engage.html

Cant wait!:crazy:

Last edited:

InFlames

Juniors
"As Daylight Dies" was actually a really good follow-up to "The End of Heartache", so I'm assuming this one will be awesome. Great band.

HevyDevy

Coach
I haven't really listened to anything after The End of Heartache (although I do own another album that I've never played).

Still, quite a good band given I'm not a huge fan of their sub-genre.

Once Dead

Bench
Their albums go something like this

1) Alive or Just Breathing - Ground breaking and brilliant
2) The End of Heartache - A decent first up effort with new vocalist
3) As Daylight Dies - A great album with a focus on singing and better lyrics

Here's hoping the album will be a nice little thrashin' collection!

Btw, joelcaine, they did release another album but that was only a collection of assorted demos, etc.

AILD

Bench
yeh the first album (self titled) had temple from the within and vide infra etc. some f**king awesome songs. they also re-released it a few years later with some demo's etc.

ps: chimaira has pretty much wraped their new album too. should be awesome!

Eelementary

Post Whore
yeh the first album (self titled) had temple from the within and vide infra etc. some f**king awesome songs. they also re-released it a few years later with some demo's etc.

ps: chimaira has pretty much wraped their new album too. should be awesome!

That was a sweet album, too. "Resurrection".

InFlames

Juniors
Its going to be a very different album production wise. Adam Dutkiewicz, their guitarist, was producing the last few and had heavy involvement in most of the overall decision making and mastering. He did a great job on Parkway Drive's "Killing With A Smile", which ended up sounding a lot like Killswitch. The name of the new producer for this album escapes me.

AILD

Bench
Its going to be a very different album production wise. Adam Dutkiewicz, their guitarist, was producing the last few and had heavy involvement in most of the overall decision making and mastering. He did a great job on Parkway Drive's "Killing With A Smile", which ended up sounding a lot like Killswitch. The name of the new producer for this album escapes me.

Brendan O'Brien, its in the article ;-)

but D is going to be co-producer. and the person that adam is...i cant see him keeping quite about how the album should be made.

totally agree about killing with a smile aswell. awesome album. Parkway have been touring for what seems an age now...cant wait for a new album from them.

Latest posts