What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt mann

blacksafake

First Grade
His reads in defence are pretty good,hope it continues under mary?I have a feeling it might just be a storm/bellamy thing.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Funny stuff. I've read so many people on this form criticise Mann. He scores two tries. The coming of the messiah. He is good. He always was good. It's a very astute signing. Now we just need a quick winger.

If he scored 3, it would've been a statue & pokie at The Taj

possm

Coach
We haven't seen the best of Dugan at fullback mainly because our coaching staff has not developed attacking plays which put him in the clear or at least one on one with the opposition.

I think Mann will fill the left centre position well, Matta 'Utia will be our winger on the left, and so all we will need is for our coaching staff to develop some good attacking plans early in off season. If this can be done, our backline should compete in 2016. If our coaching staff is truely incapable of developing attacking plans to suit the skill-set of key players, then bite the bullet and either replace them or bring in outside help.

For goodness sake. please don't put us fans through another year of torture!!!

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
We haven't seen the best of Dugan at fullback mainly because our coaching staff has not developed attacking plays which put him in the clear or at least one on one with the opposition.

I think Mann will fill the left centre position well, Matta 'Utia will be our winger on the left, and so all we will need is for our coaching staff to develop some good attacking plans early in off season. If this can be done, our backline should compete in 2016. If our coaching staff is truely incapable of developing attacking plans to suit the skill-set of key players, then bite the bullet and replace them or bring in outside help.

For goodness sake. please don't put us fans through another year of torture!!!

Essentially the same coaching staff has failed to come up with a decent attacking game plan for the last 2 years. Nothing will change 2016. And there's no chance of getting anyone new in - we made the 8, I'm waiting for a contract extension for the lot of them...

hazzbeen

Bench
Essentially the same coaching staff has failed to come up with a decent attacking game plan for the last 2 years. Nothing will change 2016. And there's no chance of getting anyone new in - we made the 8, I'm waiting for a contract extension for the lot of them...

I could not have said it any better Benny, I have said before the place needs a clean out starting from the top.

you keep on saying it and its not happening so why waste your breath.

if you haven't figured out yet the Dragons are a middle rung team.

Hate to sound like Objective View, however whilst ever we adopt low standards and minimise expectations we will be middle rung.

For a brief time under Bennett, we had player discipline and coaching/player standards of a premiership contender/winner.

The aspiration must be to win the premiership not scrape in to the 8.

We need a top line administration before we will attract top line coaches and players.

If we are to limp along and aspire to mediocre standards, I would prefer to dissolve the JV and watch St.George play in a second tier competition.

At least I would not have to cringe watching them run out in an all red strip and imitate the Illawarra sides of old.

Mr Red

First Grade
i dont want to harp on the whole alternate strip thing, but can someone please confirm if there is some sort of agreement in place where they MUST wear the alternate strip for a minimum amount of matches?

we seem to wear it for many matches where there is no need as the opposing teams colours are not similar to our traditional white with red V.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Me either but I am sick of the sight of it.

That's good as I thought it was only me that cannot stand that bloody all red strip. The team look like a Bunnings staff DIY training forum and our attack resembles DIY!! Maybe that's why Mary always says this team is built on our "D" cause they have to DIY coaching in attack.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
You think it would actually be harder to coach defence than attack.
It seems very natural for kids to pick up a ball and pass and run/kick, not so trying to learn how to defend properly and position your body correctly.

winnie the pooh

Juniors
Probably part of the JV agreement.

The current red strip is fking hideous. If they're going to have the alternate strip at least bringback the blood and bandages.

denis preston

First Grade
I just want transparency. Our attack hasn't improved this year , surely if we are running around like chooks with their heads off by half way next year how about immediate sacking ?? Amazes me how the head coach escapes these revisions.

Who are our offensive gurus collecting a pay packet?

boardlumps62

Juniors
Actually this team can play attacking football rewind to when we won 6 in a row. And f**k the red shitty jumper wear the Big Red V regardless. I come from nth coast of nsw you from sth nsw who gives a shit wear the one that matters and frightens the opposition. Dont get it then play u dont know.

to_ddeath

Coach
Hate to sound like Objective View, however whilst ever we adopt low standards and minimise expectations we will be middle rung.

For a brief time under Bennett, we had player discipline and coaching/player standards of a premiership contender/winner.

The aspiration must be to win the premiership not scrape in to the 8.

We need a top line administration before we will attract top line coaches and players.

If we are to limp along and aspire to mediocre standards, I would prefer to dissolve the JV and watch St.George play in a second tier competition.

At least I would not have to cringe watching them run out in an all red strip and imitate the Illawarra sides of old.

Totally agree. I have NFI what this club even stands for anymore.
5 home grounds only being just one portion of my angst about the joint now.

T.