What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

SEAT 1A

Bench
Why hasn't the Dragons media people say their bit and state that it was Chrichton putting his nose into Kyle's mouth which was the reason why his nose got scraped? Don't just say nothing. Defend Kyle for heaven's sake. The club should vent their spleen and the media stop showing favouritism.

If I was Kyle, I would go in with guns blazing and shoot down Crichton's claim.

Agree Dave,

Didn't look good so, can't see him getting off.

Also, I think Sutton put Sloan on report for a "possible trip".

TruSaint

Referee
Why hasn't the Dragons media people say their bit and state that it was Chrichton putting his nose into Kyle's mouth which was the reason why his nose got scraped? Don't just say nothing. Defend Kyle for heaven's sake. The club should vent their spleen and the media stop showing favouritism.

If I was Kyle, I would go in with guns blazing and shoot down Crichton's claim.

Watched the post game coverage on Fox and I swear these guys must be high level forensic analysts. Sampson, Meninga, Cronk etc.

After playing the clip a half dozen time they all concluded that Kyle is going to serve a long suspension. He may well serve a suspension, but how they concluded that so quickly and without the usual ( let's wait for the evidence blah blah ), is pathetic.

Crighton's actions need to be looked at.

56to66

Juniors
Watched the post game coverage on Fox and I swear these guys must be high level forensic analysts. Sampson, Meninga, Cronk etc.

After playing the clip a half dozen time they all concluded that Kyle is going to serve a long suspension. He may well serve a suspension, but how they concluded that so quickly and without the usual ( let's wait for the evidence blah blah ), is pathetic.

Just imagine if that was Andrew Walker on the Floor, Choc, Blacklock, Ricky Walford, my all time favourite players pull your head in Commentators!
Like at the end of day Kyle is a battler on the field, let's kick him in the teeth, the NRL are Muppets if he gets suspended.

Last edited:

VodkaSaint

Juniors
CRICHTON CONTRIBUTED TO FLANAGAN BITE

Monday Buzz: Stephen Crichton’s actions contributed to biting furore with Kyle Flanagan
Phil Rothfield
Daily Telegraph
12 August
The one thing missing on the NRL’s charge sheet from Kogarah Oval on Saturday night was a grading on Canterbury captain Stephen Crichton for sticking his nose into the mouth of an opponent.
Now I know Crichton is one of the most respected players in rugby league.
I know he plays so tough and so strong and is normally a clean player, but … let’s have a deeper dive into the story after watching a hundred replays.
St George Illawarra five-eighth Kyle Flanagan has been accused of biting the Bulldogs centre in an ugly aftermath to the Kogarah blockbuster, which Canterbury won 28-10.
Listening to the Fox League experts on Saturday night you would suggest he was guilty as charged.
“That was hard to watch and it’s hard evidence,” Mal Meninga said. “There’s no doubt that he’s bitten him.”
And then Cooper Cronk, after watching countless replays: “That is damning evidence.”
A trial by media.
Fair enough, both are paid to have their on-the-spot opinions on live television.
They don’t get the benefit of sleeping on it.
Yet we have a player who can’t defend himself because of NRL rules around their judiciary.
Now look at the video again …
Seriously, what is Flanagan supposed to do?
He is lying on the ground with a 99kg man on top, forcing his face into the Dragons playmaker.
Certainly, a new technique in slowing down the play the ball.
Crichton’s nose goes into Flanagan’s mouth. Clear as day.
It’s not Flanagan’s fault, it’s Crichton’s.
At no stage does Flanagan lift or move his head towards Crichton’s nose or snap at it.
It just happened to be there.
Possession is gold these days and, with one arm locked around the football, Flanagan tried in vain to push Crichton away from his face.
Crichton gets to his feet and his nose is bleeding, no doubt as a result of Flanagan’s teeth.
But what would you do if someone shoved their nose into your mouth in these days of Covid, various influenza strains and the horrible viruses that are getting around?
I’d be disgusted.
So we’re off to Moore Park for a huge judiciary case on Monday night.
Judging by previous suspensions for this offence, Flanagan is facing three to six weeks.
I do not believe, on this occasion, that it is a fair outcome.
Hopefully the old folk on the judiciary will recognise that it was Crichton’s actions that actually caused the incident.
Disclaimer: Yes, I’m a friend of Shane Flanagan, which will no doubt be mentioned in online comments. However, I would be writing exactly the same about any other player

BLM01

First Grade
At least buzz has given the so called experts something to think about.
Love(not really) to hear how they dismiss what buzz has stated whilst dismissing any fault by Crichton
Anasta will be putting the boots in as he hates us
Lets hope Flanagan is given a fair trial
The trial by media always happens and unfortunately the MRC and likely judiciary get caught in the hysteria.
If he is not guilty we should spend a $$$ on a good lawyer for Monday

Veteran Dragon

Juniors

imagine if it was Alexander making judgement, poor Kyle would of been taken away in a paddy wagon.

kit66

Bench
I just watched the clip and it's obviously a bite, Kyle moves his head and gives Chrichton's nose a nip, no question.
I like Kyle but he's in trouble. I can't see him getting off with anything but a few weeks out.
How's Marschke doing, we're going to need him or possibly LKT if he's ok to play 1st grade.

Latest posts