What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

Its like punching someone in the face and calling fowl, because their teeth cut your hand..

I dont understand how Chrichton is the victim in this one.. giant of a man with his hand on your throat and his face pushed into yours while ur pinned to the ground.
100%
I also saw the hand around his throat.
Choke him whilst shoving his head into his face.

Man's gotta breathe.

Do that to me and you're minus a nose!

Gareth67

First Grade
I am totally disappointed that the judiciary has decided that young Kyle has a case to answer . And Chricton actions send shivers down my spine , why the ref did not called the sod to let Kyle up is beyond me .

in my day - many a decade ago - if someone had done that to me I would have shoved the bluudy ball down the beggars throat and watched him gag on it ! 😖

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
If any of you think he'll get off, in my opinion, he's Buckley's. And it won't be for any other reasons other than the fact he bit him plain and simple. He draws blood, there's teeth marks on his nose, and the vision shows it clearly. The evidence is there for all to see. There's no chance, with that evidence, that the judiciary will let him off. If Flanagan had a problem with his actions, he should have gotten up and put one on his chin, not bit him like a rabid dog. He'll get at least 6 weeks.

For somebody who I didn't expect anything from as a signing, I think he's been fairly good for us this year, but he let the occasion of playing his old club, the fact they targeted him all night, and his form during the game get to him on Saturday night.

If he gets off, I'll be shocked.

Just being objective...

If any of you think he'll get off, in my opinion, he's Buckley's. And it won't be for any other reasons other than the fact he bit him plain and simple. He draws blood, there's teeth marks on his nose, and the vision shows it clearly. The evidence is there for all to see. There's no chance, with that evidence, that the judiciary will let him off. If Flanagan had a problem with his actions, he should have gotten up and put one on his chin, not bit him like a rabid dog. He'll get at least 6 weeks.

For somebody who I didn't expect anything from as a signing, I think he's been fairly good for us this year, but he let the occasion of playing his old club, the fact they targeted him all night, and his form during the game get to him on Saturday night.

Just being objective...
Are they teeth marks or scratch marks from the mouth guard

Maximus

Coach

Just being objective...

6+ weeks? Proctor got 4, Wighton 3.

Only 5 biting offences have ever gotten 6+ weeks. You're kidding if you think it's that level.

Gareth67

First Grade

Just being objective...
I am afraid that you are correct B55 , he will almost certainly get a number of weeks as the open minded fools that make up the judiciary will undoubtedly replay footage from 9’s coverage of the game .

Uppermost in their mind will be the remarks made by Cronk and company , not so much the physical assault on Flanagan .

The verdict - guilty as charged and low and behold the Dragons will have yet another player tagged as rugby league’s ‘ phantom biter ‘ !

The only way to get justice for Flanagan is for the Dragons to back him to the hilt by having a high profile solicitor - or preferably a barrister defend him .

So do it Saints and allow this young bloke to continue to play the game without any horrendous’ biter ‘ tag attached to his good name .

Last edited:

Rabbit57

Juniors
I am afraid that you are correct B55 , he will almost certainly get a number of weeks as the open minded fools that make up the judiciary will undoubtedly replay footage from 9’s coverage of the game .

Uppermost in their mind will be the remarks made by Cronk and company , not so much the physical assault on Flanagan .

The verdict - guilty as charged and low and behold the Dragons will have yet another player tagged as rugby league’s ‘ phantom biter ‘ !

The only way to get justice for Flanagan is for the Dragons to back him to the hilt by having a high profile solicitor - or preferably a barrister defend him .

So do it Saints and allow this young bloke to continue to play the game without any horrendous’ biter ‘ tag attached to his good name .
Put your finger in your mouth and call out “ref he’s stopping me breathing”. I think you will feel your teeth biting on your finger as you talk. Do the same thing when you have someone applying pressure on your face and they have their nose inside your mouth. You will call out with a bit more desperation your teeth will automatically clench with more force and you might draw blood.

there is a difference between biting with intent and reflex reaction