What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Turner

Rabbits20

Immortal
This wasn't really a concussion, it was a neck injury caused by the high tackle

It was both.

Gallen is a grub he gets away with a lot.

No one seems to understand that Thurston was telling Gallen there was no need for that.

Let's hope Turner is recovering well in hospital.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Apparently Kyle's got a protruding disk in his neck with pins and needles down his arms.....not good signs.

Hoping he's alright though they reckon he could be out for a period of time :(

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really feel for the guy, tremendous young player. It was horrible seeing Liam Fulton retire last year due to this but at least he had enjoyed a 10 year career.

I was shocked to see he was concussed 6 times last year. He only started playing round 3 so that's a concussion on average every 4.5 weeks!! How he was allowed to continue playing beyond me, that's surely an OH&S issue and a potential legal suit right there. The tigers sent Fulton to Melbourne for scans after 3 in a season, what did souths do for turner? How many weeks did he sit out after being concussed the week previously?

Btw there was nothing wrong with the gallen tackle. He was wrapping his arm and turners head collected his face. Purely accidental and turner ducked into it, hence the no action by the review comity. Gallen went on with it a bit on the ground but that happens in nearly every tackle you see these days. It is certainly not a crusher either R20, even if you think the tackle is illegal it's nothing like a crusher.

Imo it is. If Gallen only went on with it a bit on the ground Kyle wouldn't be in this situation.

Gallen went on with it it quite a lot.

If there is nothing wrong with that tackle let's have every tackle like that for the whole 80 and see all the injuries out of it. They'd be a large casualty ward.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently Kyle's got a protruding disk in his neck with pins and needles down his arms.....not good signs.

Hoping he's alright though they reckon he could be out for a period of time :(

Terrible news mate.

f**kwits have come on our forum and are trying to blame Kyle. All of a sudden Gallen is some kind of holy Saint.

Not too concerned how long he's out for. His health is the 100percent priority.

Thinking of his family and close mates at this concerning time.

He's such a mature top bloke too from when I've heard him speak.

Hope this kid is ok.

As for the tackle, the hit was wasn't Gallen's fault. He stood his ground and wraped his arms. Kyle is 10 cm taller than Gallen . He dropped his knees before the hit and that brought his head down to Gallen's shoulder.

As for the bullshit on the ground, that was grubby. Many players do it and I hate it.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hope this kid is ok.

As for the tackle, the hit was wasn't Gallen's fault. He stood his ground and wraped his arms. Kyle is 10 cm taller than Gallen . He dropped his knees before the hit and that brought his head down to Gallen's shoulder.

As for the bullshit on the ground, that was grubby. Many players do it and I hate it.

Yeah 100% with you the initial contact was fine (albeit high but it wasn't gallens fault)

The wrestling ground stuff, not on....

Man I hope Kyle plays a long illustrious career with us. One of my favourite players in the 20's and one of the few footy players that isn't a complete d*ckhead. A true gentleman of the game who speaks well and plays a good brand of footy. Good player better bloke.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Gallen plays for NSW in SOO I'm barracking for QLD.

Interesting, so that's where souths fans draw the line. They won't support a team with a player that gave another guy a facial, but a team that has multiple convicted woman bashers is ok.

doyen

Bench
It was both.

Gallen is a grub he gets away with a lot.

No one seems to understand that Thurston was telling Gallen there was no need for that.

Let's hope Turner is recovering well in hospital.

Gallen is a king-hitting,high shooting,head-butting,team-mate bashing,stitch-ripping,balls-grabbing,pissing in public,shit-stirring,beer-swilling,drug-taking,rascist & an undisciplined & deliberately diving dickhead!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all the praise I'm going to afford him!!!!

Last edited:

Ryan McGoldrick

Juniors
Gallen is a king-hitting,high shooting,head-butting,team-mate bashing,stitch-ripping,ball-grabbing,pissing in public,shit-stirring,beer-swilling,drug-taking,rascist & an undisciplined & diving dickhead!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all the praise I'm going to afford him!!!!

Yep and GI's been a total saint off the field hasn't he...

alien

Referee
South Sydney Rabbitohs star Kyle Turner out indefinitely with spinal injury
TRAVIS MEYN - GOLD COAST BULLETIN - FEBRUARY 16, 2015 - 12:00AM

RABBITOHS premiership-winning forward Kyle Turner is facing an indefinite absence from the game after suffering a neck injury in the All Stars clash on the Gold Coast.

Turner was admitted to Gold Coast University Hospital following Friday’s match at Cbus Super Stadium.

The 22-year-old left the field in just the fourth minute after he was hit hard by NSW captain Paul Gallen.

Gallen was placed on report for the tackle but the NRL Match Review Committee did not issue any charge after reviewing the incident.

Turner’s mother Leanne took to Facebook on Sunday to update friends and family on his progress.

596009-52c077f4-b4ea-11e4-a05f-87b0515cbaed.jpg

Kyle Turner down injured. Picture: Adam Head

“As a parent you try to prepare yourself for whatever may come seeing your son live his dream but it’s heartbreaking to see him get injured,” she wrote.

“Kye is ... awaiting the MRI results, CT scan reveal he has a protruding disc on his spine and has pain, pins and needles in his arms and hands.

“He will be out indefinitely, we are worried sick.”

Turner cut a sombre figure in the indigenous All Stars dressing room after the match with coach Laurie Daley making special mention of his efforts during the week.

Turner did not seem visibly distressed following the match but it is possible he suffered an injury to a disc in his spine which was causing pain and pins and needles in his arms and hands.

A hospital representative said Turner had been discharged on Sunday.

Rabbitohs officials were unavailable for comment given the team was travelling to England to be part of the World Club Challenge.

On Saturday night, coach Michael Maguire said Turner had been hospitalised as a precautionary measure and his injuries were not expected to be serious.

“He’s all right,” Maguire said after the Rabbitohs’ trial at Redfern Oval.

“He’s still up (on the Gold Coast), we kept him in hospital overnight just to make sure but from what I’ve been told he should be right.”

However, it is now looking as though the back-rower, who came off the bench in last year’s NRL grand final win over Canterbury, may be rubbed out for an extended period.

There were concerns over Turner given he suffered a number of concussions last year, an issue which has been closely monitored by the Rabbitohs and NRL.

A chorus of boos went around Cbus when replays of the Gallen tackle screened with Indigenous captain Johnathan Thurston questioning Gallen for the apparent elbow he dropped on the dazed Turner’s face.

All Stars founder Preston Campbell said the tackle sparked the Indigenous team.

“It was a very spirited performance from both teams. No one slackened off,” he said.

“When Gal roughed up one of the boys early in the game, it showed it was just as real for the NRL team as it is for us.

“Even though you don’t want to see that sort of stuff, it was a signal.

“They were always going to put their hand up and bust their guts to do their best to win that game.

“A lot of people didn’t think they’d go as good as they did.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...220595348?sv=c5c0cd7884043b60d4557b4c6c5e7efd

doyen

Bench
Yep and GI's been a total saint off the field hasn't he...

If you're referring to the incident with the lady he is now happily married to[with a child]--then YES,he hasn't been perfect.

He certainly doesn't have the reeking record[both on or off the field] of MAUL GALLEN!!!!

If you're referring to the incident with the lady he is now happily married to[with a child]--then YES,he hasn't been perfect.

He certainly doesn't have the reeking record[both on or off the field] of MAUL GALLEN!!!!

Thank you Saint Doyen.

Paul is a grub. A fat head and shit me to tears too.

But, he is a league player not a priest, not sure what some people expect. Most of them are bone heads