What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.A Noire

ceagle

Bench
Yeah I have it pre-ordered at JB to get the extra DLC mission. Its made by an Australian developer so I am happy to support it.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I've spent the last few hours watching videos of this game.. It seems like my dream game haha.

I hope to have it tomorrow, if I get it I'll post a video or something.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
nah, its linear and you can't do random stuff.

also the game offers nothing once it's finished

It's still a sandbox. Your conversation decisions can affect the story, but there are side missions unrelated to the story that you can do at any time. It's not linear in the truest sense but nowhere near as much freedom as in GTA

It's still a sandbox. Your conversation decisions can affect the story, but there are side missions unrelated to the story that you can do at any time. It's not linear in the truest sense but nowhere near as much freedom as in GTA

well from the gameplay reviews I've seen/read, it doesn't matter what you pick as there is only one way to end it.

also there are 40 side missions, but again, nothing to do once the game is finished.

and you can't randomly shoot people in the face like gta lol

I just don't think it's worth it. I think I might buy it if they release something that lets you randomly kill people.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
well from the gameplay reviews I've seen/read, it doesn't matter what you pick as there is only one way to end it.

also there are 40 side missions, but again, nothing to do once the game is finished.

and you can't randomly shoot people in the face like gta lol

I just don't think it's worth it. I think I might buy it if they release something that lets you randomly kill people.

There is variety in the gameplay, but if you only look for a GTA clone then you won't find it here. There is rarely anything to do in a game that relies heavily on a story driven narrative. Everyone should just play this game to see how amazing the facial animations are, it's incredible.

For a game that has random killings aplenty, I cannot wait for this next instalment...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7YI2NXTiyc

There is variety in the gameplay, but if you only look for a GTA clone then you won't find it here. There is rarely anything to do in a game that relies heavily on a story driven narrative. Everyone should just play this game to see how amazing the facial animations are, it's incredible.

For a game that has random killings aplenty, I cannot wait for this next instalment...

thats the thing though, it seems like it a new tech demo for future games

anyway enjoy the game

Firey_Dragon

Coach
thats the thing though, it seems like it a new tech demo for future games

anyway enjoy the game

Not really. Heavy Rain was the blueprint to this kind of game, LA Noire just changed up the formula and added a sandbox element.

Different horses for different courses. It's been universally praised, so it can't be simply a "tech demo"

Not really. Heavy Rain was the blueprint to this kind of game, LA Noire just changed up the formula and added a sandbox element.

Different horses for different courses. It's been universally praised, so it can't be simply a "tech demo"

I don't read review sites often because everything is a 9.5 these days. The reviews I have read mentioned frame rate stuttering and graphical glitches as well as not having anything to do once the game is over, which was my main concern as well as no multiplayer. It's 2011, no multiplayer means no replayability in most cases and a waste of money.

Portal 2 is the exception. worth every penny

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
^ how would you do multiplayer on it, from what ive played so far, its brilliant, actually makes you think to complete a game.... and nothing to do once the game is over.... um usually that means you have finsihed it so you have no reason to keep going?

^ how would you do multiplayer on it, from what ive played so far, its brilliant, actually makes you think to complete a game.... and nothing to do once the game is over.... um usually that means you have finsihed it so you have no reason to keep going?

you obviously don't play online then :/

even a 'now you can roam about and kill shit' mode when you finish it would be nice.

CC_Eagle

First Grade

Punched in the nuts :lol:

Would be worth the pricetag just to be able to do that.

Heavy rain was good but not great.

boxhead

First Grade
Heavy Rain won a lot of awards though.....problem with that game was that either you really got into it or you didn't....Fantastic game if you get into it and adjust to the controls (interactive movies FTW)!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
you obviously don't play online then :/

even a 'now you can roam about and kill shit' mode when you finish it would be nice.

Thats how I hate the industry today... Everything is geared towards online. People cant accept a game that has a great single player if it has no online. To be honest, the industry has largely suffered due to this shift in mentality as well. As long as you put out an ok online, sales will be snapped up.

Latest posts