What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.A Noire

boxhead

First Grade
Thats how I hate the industry today... Everything is geared towards online. People cant accept a game that has a great single player if it has no online. To be honest, the industry has largely suffered due to this shift in mentality as well. As long as you put out an ok online, sales will be snapped up.

It would go down as one of the greats for me. Certainly one of the best PS3 games that's ever been available. In any case, it pretty much created a new genre.

:clap::clap: Great posts!

Thats how I hate the industry today... Everything is geared towards online. People cant accept a game that has a great single player if it has no online. To be honest, the industry has largely suffered due to this shift in mentality as well. As long as you put out an ok online, sales will be snapped up.

Well said.

Heavy Rain was also great.

Satsok

Juniors
Im liking LA Noire atm, but its hard to pick the people's responses if they are true or not.. just got promoted to Homicide division

you should be more concerned with games being rushed out to meet deadlines, leaving problems going unfixed on release then having to wait forever for a patch. Don't hate online gaming, it adds longevity to a game. There are bigger issues with the industry.

if the game has superb singleplayer like GTA then it doesn't really a need an online, but when you make a game like la noire, you play through the linear singleplayer then there is nothing left to do.. atleast Portal 2 had co-op and they will be adding a free DLC with more maps..

I don't see how they can add to la noire to get people to keep playing it, TBH, one play through and never touching it again does not justify spending money on a game not only for me but alot of people.

the least they can do it as a free roam in la noire for the gta junkies lol

CC_Eagle

First Grade

Agreed.

Personally, I'd prefer a strong single player game over anything online related. In three years I've played my Xbox online once, maybe twice.

I think most people would CC but CoD kicking the crap out of sales every year has developers wanting to put online in to cash in and then we get sequels like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 2 and Bioshock 2 with multiplayer when it really isn't there for multiplayer.

the least they can do it as a free roam in la noire for the gta junkies lol

I realise that intelligence is not your strong point but have you ever considered just playing a GTA game or even Red Dead?

As for replay value, if the first play through is fantastic and a great experience then replay value doesn't matter because people will love the initial play through. Heavy Rain is a perfect example. There's also no real replay value in GTA games, just running around blow shit up after the story is complete gets boring unless you've saved side missions.

I think most people would CC but CoD kicking the crap out of sales every year has developers wanting to put online in to cash in and then we get sequels like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 2 and Bioshock 2 with multiplayer when it really isn't there for multiplayer.

I realise that intelligence is not your strong point but have you ever considered just playing a GTA game or even Red Dead?

As for replay value, if the first play through is fantastic and a great experience then replay value doesn't matter because people will love the initial play through. Heavy Rain is a perfect example. There's also no real replay value in GTA games, just running around blow shit up after the story is complete gets boring unless you've saved side missions.

Hey I won't have a battle of wits with you, I don't fight unarmed people. But if you insist..

533212-2010-nrl-grand-final.jpg

= you
tumblr_lgb9h8Xfvy1qct7dio1_250.jpg

FYI I have GTA and red dead, I mentioned free roam because of Rockstar

Big Tim

First Grade
...and you go for the roosters......................................

now I hate you even more. you have to support your local team, not an out of area team wtf is wrong with people like you.

Grow up.

I live in the Bankstown area and I am a Knights supporter.

Thing is, I have only loved in Sydney for 5% of my life.

Everyone has their reasons why they support a certain team, no more greater than yours.

I am a massive Redskins fan and i havent even been to the US :shock::shock::shock:

Grow up.

I live in the Bankstown area and I am a Knights supporter.

Thing is, I have only loved in Sydney for 5% of my life.

Everyone has their reasons why they support a certain team, no more greater than yours.

I am a massive Redskins fan and i havent even been to the US :shock::shock::shock:

if you were from drugcastle then that's fine, otherwise you are just another bandwagon supporter

you should be going for the fully hectics bro, dogz of war cuzzzzz

now I hate you even more. you have to support your local team, not an out of area team wtf is wrong with people like you.

Lives in Australia...follows Chel$ki.

Have you played LA Noire yet? After playing it for a few hours I can understand why you would give it a miss as it requires you to think a little bit, it's not for you man.

boxhead

First Grade

:lol: :lol: My family all support the Eels and none of us have ever lived in Parramatta, yet we are probably some of the most loyal and die-hard Eels fans you will ever see. What a geniused argument.

Lives in Australia...follows Chel$ki.

Have you played LA Noire yet? After playing it for a few hours I can understand why you would give it a miss as it requires you to think a little bit, it's not for you man.

and you support munchen you hypocrite......

I bet you went for germany in the wc2010 match against australia too

:lol: :lol: My family all support the Eels and none of us have ever lived in Parramatta, yet we are probably some of the most loyal and die-hard Eels fans you will ever see. What a geniused argument.

local/state/nation

real fans

boxhead

First Grade
and you support munchen you hypocrite......

I bet you went for germany in the wc2010 match against australia too

local/state/nation

real fans

FFS I support Tottenham and Real Madrid and I've never been to either country, yet again, I am a passionate supporter of both. My Spurs link actually also runs through the family! :roll:

[furrycat]

Coach
Got this on Thursday. Fantastic game with a great story. Loving every minute of it. If you want it to be like GTA, go play GTA. Glad I dont have the temptation there to go on a killing spree :lol:

Latest posts