What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L. Macdougal signs with Dragons for 2 Years

TDK

Juniors
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I just recieved a SMS from the club stating he has signed.[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Media release:

MEDIA RELEASE​
10 July 2006​
Dragons Sign MacDougall
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today agreed to terms with Rabbitoh Luke MacDougall for two years, until the end of the 2008 season.

MacDougall, 23, a talented utility/outside back made his NRL debut with the
Sharks in 2002 and has played with the Rabbitohs since 2003.

Dragons Coach Nathan Brown views MacDougall as a rising talent whose
versatility will be important for 2007 and beyond.

“Luke is a strong ball carrier and genuine try scorer,” said Dragons Coach Nathan Brown.

“He comes from a talented football family and his ability to play a number of positions will be very beneficial for us”.​

Godz Illa

Coach
I don't like signing good players from weak clubs, and my distaste is not just for sentimental reasons. Quite often their good form is deceptive - they only look like diamonds because their teammates are so crap (old school Bronko Djura, Mark Ellison - new school Ashley Harrison).

But I think Mad Pup will be a good pick up. It is a nice replacement for Best.

Ribs

Bench
Yeah but its got to be difficult to look good on the wing for that mob...... and he seems to perform ok.

gregstar

Referee
LOL @ mark ellison!

this guy is a lessor thug than his brother, but a thug nonetheless.
i used to rate him very highly (as warren ryan said, he's a fullback trapped on the wing).

if he can control himself - great! he'll be an impressive acquisition.

Surprised me.

Happy with the signing. So I assume this will go one of two ways.

2007 A)

1-Hornby
2 - McDougall
3 - Naiqama
4 - Cooper
5 - Morris
6 - Gasnier (aaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh)
7 - Head

or B)

1 - Mcdougall
2 - Naiqama
3 - Gasnier
4 - Cooper
5 - Morris
6 - Hornby
7 - Head

I'll take B any day. Putting Gasnier at 5/8 is like taking a Ferrari off-road 4wdriving.

Hornby is one of the best fullbacks around, and although I'd prefer him at 1 he's also a very handy 6.

Big Bunny

Juniors
If you're looking for a strong finishing winger then you may have a very good buy, but it's hard to tell how he will pan out for you. At Souths he was handy, but more often than not he's suspended or injured, has a poor attitude to training and was a drain on team harmony. Those are the same sort of problems he was supposed to have had at Cronulla as well. Maybe a change of club and moving away from his brother will help sort him out. If lucky your club's management will be smart enough to not pick Adam up on match payments, thus leaving him for Newcastle to worry about.

Father Ted

First Grade
Willow said:
Media release:

MEDIA RELEASE​

10 July 2006​

Dragons Sign MacDougall

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today agreed to terms with Rabbitoh Luke MacDougall for two years, until the end of the 2008 season.​

MacDougall, 23, a talented utility/outside back made his NRL debut with the
Sharks in 2002 and has played with the Rabbitohs since 2003.​

Dragons Coach Nathan Brown views MacDougall as a rising talent whose
versatility will be important for 2007 and beyond.​

“Luke is a strong ball carrier and genuine try scorer,” said Dragons Coach Nathan Brown.​

“He comes from a talented football family and his ability to play a number of positions will be very beneficial for us”.​

I think this will be a very good buy for us .

Southernsaint

Staff member
Godz Illa said:
I don't like signing good players from weak clubs, and my distaste is not just for sentimental reasons. Quite often their good form is deceptive - they only look like diamonds because their teammates are so crap (old school Bronko Djura, Mark Ellison - new school Ashley Harrison).

But I think Mad Pup will be a good pick up. It is a nice replacement for Best.

I agree entirely.

Our recruitment historically is littered with players who come to the Red Vee with big wraps but deliver little. Damien Chapman is a personal favourite...

We'll see how McDougall goes, I'm prepared to give him a go despite The Express leaving us...

as a rabbitohs fan i wish him well at the dragons, now that he is gone to a decent club, i think he is worthy of a rep jumper, he plays good even when souths are terrible, a very consistent player and good finisher, he might even be an origin bolter, wouldnt be surprised if he is

MattJ

Juniors
congrats dragons, if he stays fit im sure he will atleast play city country, he is an excellent finisher and a hard worker on the field, the only questionable thing about him in the past has been his attitude, if you can keep him in line, he will bring home plenty of 4 pointers for you guys next season.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
I'll take B any day. Putting Gasnier at 5/8 is like taking a Ferrari off-road 4wdriving.

Hornby is one of the best fullbacks around, and although I'd prefer him at 1 he's also a very handy 6.

Yup - B looks the goods, but I'll get in before Preach - Reecey-Boy wouldnt look outta place in that team either. Maybe at fullback maybe on the wing. Who knows.

Heres a theory - How would Gaz go in the #13? I'd imagine he'd be a fair bit like Timmo, if his defence picked up a bit. That way you could have Hornby in #6, Doogs in #1, Reece and Morris on the wings and Wes the Cheese and Coops in the Centres.

Godz Illa

Coach
Bring back John Fifita said:
Surprised me.

Happy with the signing. So I assume this will go one of two ways.

2007 A)

1-Hornby
2 - McDougall
3 - Naiqama
4 - Cooper
5 - Morris
6 - Gasnier (aaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh)
7 - Head

or B)

1 - Mcdougall
2 - Naiqama
3 - Gasnier
4 - Cooper
5 - Morris
6 - Hornby
7 - Head

Both lists contain the same 7 players, just the numbers on their backs have been re-arranged. With the scheme Brownie has mooted, numbers on backs mean very little. Case in point: according to his designated number, Gaz was the right centre on Sunday - yet his first try and the one he laid on for Greenshields were both in the left corner.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
1. Ben Hornby
2. Wes Naiqama
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Luke MacDougall

6. Mark Gasnier
7. Matt Head

Good Looking backline with the likes of the Morris Brothers, Nightingale and Hewitt to cover injuries in reggies