What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sputneek

Juniors
He does it fairly often. I'm sure half his posts are actually his own quotes. His limited vocabulary means he has to reuse material, and he's not ashamed of it.

joshie

Live Update Team
1. Melbourne
2. Bulldogs
3. Wests
4. Warriors
5. Dragons
6. Knights
7. Broncos
8. Manly

9. Rabbitohs
10. Sharks
11. Roosters
12. Titans
13. Eels
14. Panthers
15. Raiders
16. Cowboys

StormHi

Juniors
The Storm have been very lucky that the big 3 (Cronk, Smith, Slater) haven't had any major injuries and have played nearly week-in, week-out. If they stay fit and healthy, they will DEFINITELY be a top 4 side for quite a while.

When two of them didn't play, they got hammered against the Roosters in Rd 26.
I'm not putting the doomsday curse on the Storm, but that performance was a cause for concern. This season, even after shedding all those players from last year, they were still able to hide behind the facade of having those three players for the whole year. I have a feeling that at least one of those three is bound to have a major injury soon, and the level of depth in their side will be tested for the first time in a long time.

Two of those three already had major injuries... Cronks Ankle late in the year and Slater at the World Cup (Collarbone wasnt it.) I agree tho We are very suspect without those lads fit hale and hearty :)

Bulldogs to come last.

ethan tremblay

Juniors
1.cowboys- only gonna get better with Rob lui
2.melbourne- well drilled team still have a great spine!
3.warriors- young talent will explode this year from the U-20s and the likes of johnson getting better
4.manly- all depends on toovey if he can get them up for the title defence! as this was a problem last time they won! was gonna put them lower but they have a lot of talent!
5.knights - Bennett, Boyd Buderus Gidley Aku enough said
6.parramatta- lost the close ones last year if they can turn that ledger around are a certain top 6 and from there with the likes of hayne sandow and tonga anythings possible!
7.Tigers-another late charge too see them fall into the 8 yet again-rob lui big loss IMO
8.Dragons- steve price is the key he has been under the master , now he needs to make it on he's own i think they will have an average season compared to the last few but still enough there to win half there games!
9.bulldogs- another new coach will they respond .. i think they will but it could be too late when they do!
10.souths- new coach new halves wouldn't shock me if they have a better year then 10th but it wouldn't shock me if they finished below 10th either!
11.brisbane- originally had them at 7th in the tigers spot but i really think losing that leader in locky will be too much this year then you chuck in the origin period where they will lose, thaiday,parker,petro ,yow yeh and maybe mcquire will be too much for them this year 2013/14 diffrent story
12.titans- recruited well new blood but weather that blood is there for footy or the nightlife is a whole diffrent story! cartwright to be sacked midway
13.cronulla- Will compete but won't be enough
14.roosters- smith too be sacked after round 16 cartwright too coach in 2013 smith to the titans
15.panthers -rebuilding year
16.raiders- to be honest i dont know about them could explode and win the comp or be deadset awful

Penguin86

Juniors
1 - Melbourne Storm
2 - North Queensland Cowboys
3 - Manly Sea Eagles
4 - Newcastle Knights
5 - New Zealand Warriors
6 - Wests Tigers
7 - Sydney Roosters
8 - Canberra Raiders
9 - Parramatta Eels
10 - Brisbane Broncos
11 - Gold Coast Titans
12 - St George/Illawarra Dragons
13 - Canterbury Bulldogs
14 - South Sydney Rabbitohs
15 - Cronulla Sharks
16 - Penrith Panthers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ladder prediction so far according to the aggregate of votes in this thread:

1: Melbourne
2: Warriors
3: Manly
4: Newcastle
5: Tigers
6: North Queensland
7: Brisbane
8: St George-Illawarra

------------------

9: Parramatta
10: Bulldogs
11: Canberra
12: Cronulla
13: Souffs
14: Roosters
15: Titans
16: Penwiff

Interesting that the biggest gap in votes is between 8th and 9th, according the LU there's a fairly clear-cut 8 already. Won't happen that way though of course.

skeepe

Immortal
1. New Zealand Warriors
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Cronulla Sharks
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. St. George Illawarra Dragons
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Wests Tigers

9. Canterbury Bulldogs
10. South Sydney Rabbitohs