What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolumsharkie

Referee
The only difference is the Warriors are a better club than Paramatta and Roosters were the next year after they made the GF. We were lucky to get there in the first place. Roosters and Parramatta losing players and coaches accompanied by in house fighting, I can tell you this is not a problem with the Warriors we have gotten better

Gotten better :crazy:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Tigers
4. Knights
5. Warriors
6. Dragons
7. Cowboys
8. Eels

9. Broncos
10. Sharks
11. Roosters
12. Bulldogs
13. Rabbitohs
14. Titans
15. Panthers
16. Raiders

adamkungl

Immortal
Auckland
Wests
Manly
Melbourne
Easts
Knights
Cronulla
Parramatta

Brisbane
Nth QLD
St George
Canberra
Penrith
Gold Coast
Bulldogs
Souffs

Valheru

Coach
Storm
Tigers
Cowboys
Knights
Manly
Broncos
Roosters
Sharks
lol@50uff$
Dragons
Eels
Panthers
Warriors
Titans
Raiders
Bulldogs

firechild

First Grade
You mean Warringah?

You obviously missed the recent jersey misprint.

file.php

gronkathon

First Grade
The only difference is the Warriors are a better club than Paramatta and Roosters were the next year after they made the GF. We were lucky to get there in the first place. Roosters and Parramatta losing players and coaches accompanied by in house fighting, I can tell you this is not a problem with the Warriors we have gotten better

Better on paper maybe. But that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Still think they are a top 8 side though

BranVan3000

Coach
You lost your coach and your five-eight has signed for another club. How is that no problem?

Eels Dude

Coach

Better club? :crazy:

Warriors had a golden run in the semis last year. That's hard to repeat. I think the Warriors will have a similar season to the ones they've had in recent years. Be inconsistent and either sneak into 5-8th or miss out completely. It's only a few games difference.

Better club? :crazy:.

Yes compared to both the Roosters (2010-11) and Paramatta (2009-10) the year after making the grand final. the Warriors are a way better side, I'm sure if you look at our roster lots of people will agree with me on this one, it's really a no brainer.

People always harp on about our inconsistentcy etc
Again you guys are getting caught up with the old warriors team when they first entered we had that reputation, not now

The past 5 seasons we made the finals including a GF
We missed out on 2009 as the death of Fai really affected us and we tried Jones as an option didn't work out

Most people need to recognize that the Warriors are not that old side anymore, they need the respect that is due

Simply stating that the warriors will slide due to the roosters and eels trend are so full of themselves

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes compared to both the Roosters (2010-11) and Paramatta (2009-10) the year after making the grand final. the Warriors are a way better side, I'm sure if you look at our roster lots of people will agree with me on this one, it's really a no brainer.

Again you guys are getting caught up with the old warriors team when they first entered we had that reputation, not now

We missed out on 2009 as the death of Fai really affected us and we tried Jones as an option didn't work out

Most people need to recognize that the Warriors are not that old side anymore, they need the respect that is due

Simply stating that the warriors will slide due to the roosters and eels trend are so full of themselves

No one is suggesting that. But to simply assume you'll improve because you won a couple of games and reached the GF last year is very naive.

You could make the finals next year but you're certainly no guarentee too. A good run of form in the semis the season just gone means nothing come 2012 and you will quickly find that out.

Even when the Warriors make the finals they're still inconsistent. Once they start to be a consistent top 4 side then, and only then, they'll command respect.

Valheru

Coach

You need to quit whinging and just accept that some people think the Warriors will miss the 8.

The finals series itself in 2011 is a good indication of what we are talking about. The eels and roosters at least went undefeated in the finals until the GF, the warriors got flogged in the 1st week, had 2 great performances following that and then lost the GF.

That is the type of inconsistency everyone is alluding to.

hardbaby

Coach
I just ran my eye over the Warriors starting 17.
They look pretty good.
And they have heaps of depth - finalists in all 3 grades last year.

Yep their coach is a loss.
And they have lost a bit of experience.
But that's a mighty fine team.

As for the inconsistency of the Warriors, I think that's more or less in the past.
They have been focusing on high work rate players for a few years now.
Guys like Brett Tate and Steve Price starting changing the culture.
And Nathan Friend will continue it.
Simon Mannering leads by example.

Warriors to make the 8 easy.
And push for the Top 4...IMO

sputneek

Juniors
The warriors will miss the 8 because Maloney has his future secured elsewhere and if you don't think that his playmaking plus his near-perfect conversion attempts didn't get you to the top 8 this year you'll be mistaken. Warriors will miss out.

roboshark

Coach
storm
tigers
cowboys
broncos
manly
sharks
knights
bulldogs
warriors
dragons
roosters
eels
raiders
titans
panthers
souffs

DoggiesBro

Juniors
The warriors will miss the 8 because Maloney has his future secured elsewhere and if you don't think that his playmaking plus his near-perfect conversion attempts didn't get you to the top 8 this year you'll be mistaken. Warriors will miss out.

Maloney will want to make the 8 this year, cause he sure as hell wont in the future post warriors for a few years.