What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
1. New Zealand Warriors
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Cronulla Sharks
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. St. George Illawarra Dragons
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Wests Tigers

9. Canterbury Bulldogs
10. South Sydney Rabbitohs
11. Manly-Warringan Sea Eagles
12. Sydney Roosters
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. Penrith Panthers
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights

Got 5 of the 8 right, bottom of the ladder pretty close too. Could have been a lot worse.

Galeforce

Bench
1st-4th
Warriors, Storm, Dragons, Tigers

5th-8th
Manly, Bulldogs, Knights, Roosters

9th-12th
Souths (duh), Broncos, Eels, Cowboys

13th-16th
Titans, Panthers, Raiders, Sharks

No discernable order but I feel they'll be the general groups.

:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Wow I love!!
Wonderful to see so many punters predicting the Dragons will not make the 8 in 2012.
The Dragons like many other teams, (e.g Manly 2011) perform better when the media and fans don?t rate them and they travel under the radar.
2009 : The Dragons were not expected to win until the end of the season, then won the Minor Premiership.
2010: The fans, punters and the media didn?t expect them to do it again, but they won the Minor Premiership and the Premiership.
2011: Most of the fans, punters and the media expected them to win back to back. Every other team stepped up against the Premiers and the SOO took its toll. The players lost their hunger and self belief.
2012: Please!... I?m asking you all to predict the Dragons to finish out of the eight, we play better under the radar and hopefully Sticky will have to pick more Manly players for the 2012 State of Origin!

OK :lol:

No probs.

I only went thru the first 7 pages......5 correct the best Ive seen from several punters

innsaneink

Referee
Most teams outside the 8 have cause for optimism.
Easts - hit a good run of form post origin;
Canterbury - hit a good run of form post Kevin Moore;
Panthers - Phil Gould is back;
50uff$ - Maguire is in charge now;
cronulla - Carney et al;
Canberra - Campese and Dugan possibly fit.

As to the Titans and Parra I have no idea. I can't see anything positive there.
As to the top 8 I expect the Tigers and Broncos to slide badly.
Dragons, Warriors, Melbourne and Manly to slide less badly.
North Qld to be slightly better.
Newcastle to improve markedly.

I'll stick my neck out and say that the Broncos, Tigers and Warriors won't make the 8 and they'll be replaced by Easts, canterbury and 50uff$.
not bad

the dude

Juniors
1. Cowboys
2. Storm
3. Manly
4. Knights

5. Tigers
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Warriors

9. Eels
10. Bulldogs
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Panthers
14. Sharks
15. Roosters
16. Titans

Don't know why the hell i had warriors in 8th. On a Rabbitohs forum im a member of i picked them to run 13th which was a lot more accurate.. And i picked the dogs to run 7th.

Anyway, 5/8 not bad

ethan tremblay

Juniors
1.cowboys- only gonna get better with Rob lui
2.melbourne- well drilled team still have a great spine!
3.warriors- young talent will explode this year from the U-20s and the likes of johnson getting better
4.manly- all depends on toovey if he can get them up for the title defence! as this was a problem last time they won! was gonna put them lower but they have a lot of talent!
5.knights - Bennett, Boyd Buderus Gidley Aku enough said
6.parramatta- lost the close ones last year if they can turn that ledger around are a certain top 6 and from there with the likes of hayne sandow and tonga anythings possible!
7.Tigers-another late charge too see them fall into the 8 yet again-rob lui big loss IMO
8.Dragons- steve price is the key he has been under the master , now he needs to make it on he's own i think they will have an average season compared to the last few but still enough there to win half there games!
9.bulldogs- another new coach will they respond .. i think they will but it could be too late when they do!
10.souths- new coach new halves wouldn't shock me if they have a better year then 10th but it wouldn't shock me if they finished below 10th either!
11.brisbane- originally had them at 7th in the tigers spot but i really think losing that leader in locky will be too much this year then you chuck in the origin period where they will lose, thaiday,parker,petro ,yow yeh and maybe mcquire will be too much for them this year 2013/14 diffrent story
12.titans- recruited well new blood but weather that blood is there for footy or the nightlife is a whole diffrent story! cartwright to be sacked midway
13.cronulla- Will compete but won't be enough
14.roosters- smith too be sacked after round 16 cartwright too coach in 2013 smith to the titans
15.panthers -rebuilding year
16.raiders- to be honest i dont know about them could explode and win the comp or be deadset awful

didn't get many in the 8 but got some postions correct

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn't get remotely close with mine, certainly didn't expect my team to win the MP.

Doesn't seem many people got remotely close tbh.

whall15

Coach
Storm
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Tigers

Warriors
Cowboys
Knights
Eels

Dragons
Rabbitohs (runners up)
Bulldogs
Titans
Raiders
Panthers
Roosters
Sharks

Might as well do the rest, here comes the bias.

Storm def by Eels
Sea Eagles def Knights
Broncos def Cowboys
Tigers def by Warriors

Eels def Tigers
Warriors def by Storm

Sea Eagles def by Eels
Broncos def Storm

Eels def Broncos

Oh dear :lol: