What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joseph1

Juniors
The Sydney sides will be the movers and shakers. The non-Sydney sides will all have similar years. Parra and Penrith will rise. Dogs and Bunnies will fall. Dragons will drop. Roosters the dark horse again.

So that leaves me with a top 8 that looks a little something like this:

1) Sea Eagles (should win the comp again !! :s)
2) Storm (bloody wankers are too good at home)
3) Warriors (much different side under Bluey)
4) Broncos (just need a good young half and theyre there)
5) Cowboys (steady)
6) Panthers (much better defensive side under Cleary)
7) Tigers (a good run in the last few weeks again)
8) Roosters (Eels will start well but finish poor, Roosters the reverse)

Thata my best analysis. Bennett will find Newcastle harder to turn than St Gay

HowHigh

Coach
I know I will be totally off but heres a go anyway...

1. Manly
2. Storm
3. Tigers
4. Knights

5. Broncos
6. Dragons
7. Bulldogs
8. Warriors

9. Panthers
10. Raiders
11. Roosters
12. Eels
13. Cowboys
14. Souths
15. Sharks
16. Titans

Raider_69

Post Whore
the raiders havent missed the top 8 twos in a row for an age

with our squad and the impending additions, i see no reason to think that trend will stop. Raiders = top 8. Book it. :D

Manly, Melbourne, Warriors. Dragons, Broncos and Tigers, you'd think those teams are locks but every year throws up surprises

HowHigh

Coach
I can see the raiders prob being the big improvement team, but i dunno if they'll make the 8 or not.

Cowboys to fall down pretty hard due to injuries I think.

innsaneink

Referee
1. Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos

5. Knights
6. Warriors
7. Tigers
8. Raiders

9. Bulldogs
10. Dragons
11. Panthers
12. Rabbitohs
13. Roosters
14. Eels
15. Sharks
16. Titans

PaddyBoy

Juniors
People on here are predicting injuries? Bold. Unless it's Hodges who will play 4 games next year.

Big Pete

Referee
Too soon to really split hairs but just seem brief thoughts looking ahead.

Manly - Should be there abouts but I can see a couple of their senior players slowing down and a few of the young players being unable to handle the pressure of being the defending premiers. Hasler's future will seal their premiership chances.

Warriors - On paper, you'd think they'd improve but with a new coach and some youngsters coming through I can see them stagnating and maybe getting as far as week two of the finals. I expect to see a lot of them in the finals this decade and a premiership will eventually arrive.

Melbourne - I'm sounding very generous, but I expect Storm to remain on top. I expect to see Cronk, Slater and Smith to at least collect one legit. premiership in their careers and with some of their youngsters getting that valuable experience this season and more on the way I can see them going two steps further next year.

Brisbane - First time that I think will slip, and it's largely got to do with the Locky factor. Say what you will, but at least with Locky steering the ship I had some confidence, with Wallace I have very little. Their hopes really depend on just how well either Hunt or Norman step up next year. I expect them to be in the mix for the Top 8. But that's about it. Glad to see Civo back though.

Tigers - Just when you think they're making progress they find a way to let themselves down. Hopefully Sheens has reshuffled the side enough for one season to finally knuckle down and let them develop. At this stage, I'm expecting another Week 3 finish.

Dragons - First side I expect to dip outside the Top 8. A bold prediction, especially for a club that was so consistent but without Bennett and Boyd and some of their 'let's buy whoever we can and see what can stick' recruitment I feel that their reign at the top is over, for now.

Cowboys - Indeed the toughest team to predict. I think 2012 is going to be a transitional year where the likes of Bowen, Payne, Hall, Tate and Johnson will begin to bow out and let the younger brigade take over. In the mix.

Knights - Everything is looking up at Newcastle. Rome wasn't built in a day and I can't see Bennett winning a premiership in his first year BUT Newcastle will definitely be on the improve and I can see them improving and building towards a premiership.

Bulldogs - Need to know who's coaching them. Have a squad capable of playing finals football, but need guidance.

Rabbitohs - Wooden spoon contenders.

Roosters - Well in the mix. They have a lot of talent to make a case for the Top 8 but don't think they'll go all the way. The likes of Minichiello and Anasta don't fill me with any hope. But hopefully Smith has learnt his lesson with Friend, some of the 20's can make that step up and the Roosters will feature somewhere in the 8.

Penrith - Rebuilding year, will see how they go in 2013.

Sharks - Another tough ol' season coming up for the Sharks.

Parra - Think they'll finish just outside the top 8 but will give their supporters something to celebrate next season.

Canberra - Sort of forgotten aren't they? Another side in the mix, thought they unveiled a lot of good juniors last season and the side still has plenty of improvement.

Titans - I expect them to replicate the Dogs 2011 season. Improvement...but will struggle for cohesion at times.

Wato

Juniors
I'm tipping
1.Manly-Will defend the crown come 2012/Grand Finalist Number 1
2.Storm-Will fail come finals again
3.Newcastle-Bennett will be out to silence his critics after the drama of 2011. Alongside the storm and Manly will have to much class for the rest of the comp. Tigers perhaps may join this group. Grand Finalist Number 2
4.Tigers-Very much depends on who plays fullback but with Marshal, Lui and Farah they are a top 4 team
5.Warriors-bit of a fall but still competitive. Bit over rated imo had a few good weeks at the right time but were not that much better then the other teams in the bottom half of the 8.
6.Titans-Have brought well and have a good coach
7.Cowboys-Have enough class players to be in the finals
8.Dragons-same as the cows but souths could take this place.

Ausguy

Coach
I'm tipping
1.Manly-Will defend the crown come 2012/Grand Finalist Number 1
2.Storm-Will fail come finals again
3.Newcastle-Bennett will be out to silence his critics after the drama of 2011. Alongside the storm and Manly will have to much class for the rest of the comp. Tigers perhaps may join this group. Grand Finalist Number 2
4.Tigers-Very much depends on who plays fullback but with Marshal, Lui and Farah they are a top 4 team
5.Warriors-bit of a fall but still competitive. Bit over rated imo had a few good weeks at the right time but were not that much better then the other teams in the bottom half of the 8.
6.Titans-Have brought well and have a good coach
7.Cowboys-Have enough class players to be in the finals
8.Dragons-same as the cows but souths could take this place.

:lol:

Ausguy

Coach
With the exception of this season Cartwright has an outstanding record has made the final 3 times in 5 years and making the top 4 twice plenty worse coaches in the nrl.

I know my team has one of them...

I think carty is rubbish though and his players have made the semi's not him.

Eddie.

Bench
Way too early but anyway

1. Manly
2. Warriors
3. Storm
4. Broncos
5. Wests Tigers
6. Panthers
7. Souths
8. Cowboys

9. Dragons
10. Knights
11. Dogs
12. Roosters
13. Eels
14. Titans
15. Raiders
16. Sharks

I actually don't think we will see a whole heap of changes to the Top 8. Penrith are my smokey to come good and Souths will finally crack the 8 if they have some luck injury wise. All the other sides in the 8 all still have strong squads and good cultures, although the Cows often struggle to put 2 seasons together. Dragons might struggle and Newcastle to be the under achievers. Don't think the sides down the bottom have made up enough ground. There was a bit of a divide this year. Just a gut feel.

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
I know my team has one of them...

I think carty is rubbish though and his players have made the semi's not him.

Hard to argue with results thou. He was sort after at the beginning of the season and the Titans have faith in him. 2012 is a great test of his coaching ability thou most of the players he has signed are coming off poor seasons themselves. Can he give his players confidence and re-install a winning culture?

Didgi

Interesting people knocking us down as low as 12th-13th because of injuries when injuries played a major part in our late-season 'fade' from 4th to 7th.

undertaker

Coach
2. Souths - with Supercoach 3.0 now running the show, the final piece of the puzzle is in place, Sandow is gone (who brought as many negatives as he did positives), Maguire will improve the things that need to be improved to make us top 4

:lol:You're not serious, are you? I think you forgot to put a 1 infront of the 2.

Trying to say that Sandow gone is a positive? You guys wouldn't have got anywhere near the coveted (according to 50uff$ fans) 8th position (before the Knights came like a thief in the night and took it in Rd 26), had it not been for his performances in the back half of the season. Given that 50uff$ struggled to score points this season, you're really going to be battling even more without any halves next season. I'm sure Maguire has been a good coach in the ESL, but I sense there will be some deja vu of the infamous Bomber McRae years coming up for 50uff$.

10L@50uff$

Latest posts